+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

SirK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
actually we mailed it February 12 the received it Feb 18 the 1st correspondence I received was medical request by email on March 17 AOR came in the mail 1st week of April after Medical was already completed.

I used the SA UCI and information to check status on ECAS it shows both the SA status and the PA status.
Thank you.

I'll try the SA UCI and info on ECAS.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hi

Could some one clarify this for me
I am sponsoring my New born who is currently in India
both me and my Wife are Canadian PR (I sponsored my wife 3 years back and she became PR)
now while filling out the application i have a question regarding the Financial Evaluation form
when i ran the sponsoring your spouse ,partner or dependent child - Tool it shows the following

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
But when i fill out the check list it says that i dont need to fill the financial Evaluation form if i am sponsoring a dependent child who do not have any dependents

4. Financial Evaluation IMM 1283
complete this form only if the dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own

I am sponsoring a new born so in my case he dont have any dependents

i am very much confused and appreciate any help so i can mail my application by tomorrow

Thanks
G
When sponsoring your own child (no adoption) and the dependent child has no children of his / her own you do not need to fill Financial Evaluation. As the parent you will only need to fill in the Sponsorship Evaluation. I have done this myself.

Also you do not need to make your wife/ yourself as a representative, I called up IRCC before applying and confirmed. As the Sponsor and parent of the minor applicant you get full authority of information release for the application , applicant and the application status.

Explained here in under forms to fill section :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

Last edited:

Ninja11

Sep 27, 2016
Update on my Application Status:
Dependent Child Sponsorship
Application Received: November 9, 2020
AOR1: January 26, 2021
Medical requested : April 8, 2021
Sponsor evaluation completed : April 9, 2021
File sent to VAC Delhi : April 9, 2021
Medical completed : April 17, 2021

Reactions: msb

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
I want to repost this question. People who have got the passport stamped can you please help?

There is a point about of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the PPR as :
If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

Is it applicable to Family sponsorship applications? Do I need to pay this as well?
I paid $285 as fee earlier ($150 for Sponsorship of a dependent child fee + $85 for bio-metrics). The RPRF is mentioned to be $500 per applicant so want to be cautious before I pay it for my kids.

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
I want to repost this question. People who have got the passport stamped can you please help?

There is a point about of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the PPR as :
If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

Is it applicable to Family sponsorship applications? Do I need to pay this as well?
I paid $285 as fee earlier ($150 for Sponsorship of a dependent child fee + $85 for bio-metrics). The RPRF is mentioned to be $500 per applicant so want to be cautious before I pay it for my kids.
RPRF does not apply to dependants of main applicants and sponsors.
Source:https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
I feel apologetic asking every question in the list but need info on one last point regarding PPR.

The PPR letter asks for me to send the height and eye color of each applicant along with the Passport. I tried to search about this on the forum and found a couple of threads with no definitive answer. Some people mentioned about an Appendix B that should be used but I could not find it in the PPR email or otherwise.

Any idea how should the Height and Eye color information should be sent?

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
We are filling out papers for our dependent son and running into challenges validating a form. The form IMM5669 (personal history) it states since the age of 18, he is not yet 18 but I am unable to leave blank. I assume you fill it anyways. This form will also not validate as it states (schooling) that you cannot have a 'to' and 'ongoing both filled out. I understand that but they are for two different schools he has attended. This is happening with his address as well.

Hope this is not too confusing and any advice would be appreciated. Have you run into this as well?

I am Canadian and my husband and his youngest son travelled here in 2019. Our oldest remained in Kenya even though he was on the first application.

Thanks in advance.

atuls

Jun 1, 2019
Mumbai
I have similar timelines. My kids were born in India as wife got stuck in India during pregnancy in August 2020. Did you apply for PRTD for you wife on which you tried to include your kid?

I applied for TRV in September 2020 but still waiting for it, Have sent an email to Covid email id about 2 weeks back but no response yet. I also applied for Family sponsorship in Mid December 2020 for which I got the PPR today. I am in Canada right now so wife will be sending in the passport soon.

Cannot say if this is right for everyone but in my case I gave the duration of 6 months only and also mentioned that I will be applying for Sponsorship soon and in case it does not come through then I will make arrangements for kids and my wife to go back to India. Also do not mention that reason as "move there". Generally different officers handle PR and TRV requests so if they read "move there" they may reject it right away. For point 3 you can select "No" as both Sponsor and applicant can access the application (especially in case the applicant is minor)
Hey, No my wife is also not a PR yet. So I could not apply for her PRTD. Her COPR expired in Sept'2020 and has not landed even once yet due to Covid. For her we have got the extension basis Letter of authorization.

ANISH K

Aug 25, 2016
Sure. Here are the dates :

Application reached : December 17th 2020
AOR : February 6th 2021
Sponsor evaluation completed : March 11th 2021
File sent to VAC Delhi : March 11th 2021
Medical requested : March 11th 2021
Medical completed : March 16th 2021
Request for Passport : April 16th 2021
I had received Medical request and we recently completed the Medical test as well.
But I didn't heard anything on 'Sponsor evaluation completed' & "File sent to VAC Delhi".
Do we get any email related to this information, or since I had received 'Medical request" then possible the above 2 should have been covered.

--
Anish
Application received: 12th March 2021
AOR : 24 March 2021
Request for medical test: 13/Apr/2021
Medical Completed: 16/April/2021 in Delhi

Reactions: Kothai and msb

cecict

Jul 14, 2018

Also, Biometrics will be refunded to you if kid is minor.
I also had paid and got it refunded.

Reactions: armoured and msb

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Sure:
Package sent: 26 March, 2020
AOR: 12 December, 2020
Medical Request: 17 December, 2020
Medical Passed: 31 December, 2020
PPR: 19 March, 2021

In process at IRCC for stamping since April 1, 2021.
Which country is your dependant from?
Sorry to hear it took this long!

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Goes to show every file is affected differently eh!

Asking for others is there anyone from the Mexico VO?Thats the VO for DR :) thanks