+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

UnconquerableMe

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Some visa offices send an Acknowledgement and some don't.. You can always check on ECAS.. if the Principal applicant section returns to "Application Received" from "In Process". Or there is an additional line after we received your application on xx-xx-xxxx, Under the PA section not the Sponsor section then you'll know that the VO received the file..

Here's the link to ECAS just incase:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 3, 2020.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on December 3, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
This is what it shows on ECAS, Does this mean, application is received by NDVO?

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 3, 2020.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on December 3, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
This is what it shows on ECAS, Does this mean, application is received by NDVO?
What is the status? Is it "In Process" or "Application Received"? If it says in process then it's probably still not received. The additional line should say we started processing your application on xx-xx-xxxx, under the PA section.

Eg:
Permanent Residence
  1. We received xxxxx's application for permanent residence on April 17, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on January 26, 2021.

That is if the VO received and started processing it.
If the VO only received the application and hasn't started processing it yet then the status would be Application Received and there will only be the line of "we received the application" and in your case "the medicals" too.

Hope what I said makes any sense :)

Reactions: UnconquerableMe

UnconquerableMe

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
What is the status? Is it "In Process" or "Application Received"? If it says in process then it's probably still not received. The additional line should say we started processing your application on xx-xx-xxxx, under the PA section.

Eg:
Permanent Residence
  1. We received xxxxx's application for permanent residence on April 17, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on January 26, 2021.

That is if the VO received and started processing it.
If the VO only received the application and hasn't started processing it yet then the status would be Application Received and there will only be the line of "we received the application" and in your case "the medicals" too.

Hope what I said makes any sense :)
Ok, So on the ECAS, I see just the text I pasted earlier.
On logging into account, I see the following:
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - December 15, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Ok, So on the ECAS, I see just the text I pasted earlier.
On logging into account, I see the following:
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - December 15, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
I meant to ask the application status on ECAS..

When you login you will see the status under Permanent Resident application status.. the status that you click on to see the lines..
I wish I knew how to attach a screenshot to show you what I mean.

UnconquerableMe

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
I meant to ask the application status on ECAS..

When you login you will see the status under Permanent Resident application status.. the status that you click on to see the lines..
I wish I knew how to attach a screenshot to show you what I mean.
Oh Ok, Gotcha.

There it says "Application Received" - Sorry, I overlooked that status to see more details. :)

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Some visa offices send an Acknowledgement and some don't.. You can always check on ECAS.. if the Principal applicant section returns to "Application Received" from "In Process". Or there is an additional line after we received your application on xx-xx-xxxx, Under the PA section not the Sponsor section then you'll know that the VO received the file..

Here's the link to ECAS just incase:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
My kids passed their medical Sep 22nd, 2020 and I got an email thatmy kids' files will transfer to MVO on Oct 14, 2020.
However, my kids' ECAS still says "in process" not " Application received"

How long should I wait for them?
So frustrated... everyday!

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
My kids passed their medical Sep 22nd, 2020 and I got an email thatmy kids' files will transfer to MVO on Oct 14, 2020.
However, my kids' ECAS still says "in process" not " Application received"

How long should I wait for them?
So frustrated... everyday!
I know how you feel.. I wish they were more transparent with the process..
Maybe they VO started processing it.. what lines do you see after you click on "In Process"? Does it say we started processing your application on xx-xx-xxxx? If it does that means that it they received it and are processing it..

We have to bend over backwards to get any sort of information.. I know how frustrating it is.. This is such a LONG and dreadful process.. but we are all in this together :)

Reactions: Agnes8181

nrsaro

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
14-03-2015
call IrCC i guess to confirm . Can you please share timeline ?

Hi, below are my timelines for my dependent child family sponsorship
Application received : July 8,2020
AOR received : Dec 16 ,2020
Sponsor eligibility confirmation received : Dec 30 ,2020
Medical request : Dec 31 2020

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hi all, I received AOR for application submitted in October 2020. Can anyone share how to link the paper file to my online account? I tried doing this by entering the UCI and File no but has been unsuccessful.Thanks

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi all, I received AOR for application submitted in October 2020. Can anyone share how to link the paper file to my online account? I tried doing this by entering the UCI and File no but has been unsuccessful.Thanks
The UCI that you are entering is it from the email they sent (AOR)? Or from the visitor visa(if your child has one)? If it's from the AOR that's the sponsor's UCI. Try different combinations like passport information or Place of birth and application number. If all the other information is correct try changing the number of people in the application "2" if you don't have a cosigner and "3"if you do.. Good luck and let us know if it works :)

Reactions: Sherine K