Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes, you can apply for a visitor visa after the baby is born. Explain the situation in a Letter of Explanation (LoE). For example, explain how the delivery couldnt be in Canada due to complications. Also mention that you will be applying for a sponsorship as soon as you are in Canada and that you need the visitor visa to be able to travel together as a family. And that you will respect all the conditions of the visitor visa. Include insurance for at least 3 months. If you have a good travel history, also mention that. From my experience, this gives you the best chance for a visitor visa.

But please keep in mind that the visitor visa could be denied. Many cases on this forum also have reported rejection of visitor visa requests. I also had the first visitor visa for my daughter rejected.

If the visitor visa is rejected, you could apply for a TRP. Otherwise, or if the TRP is also rejected, you will have to travel to Canada and then apply for the sponsorship. It is expected that you are in Canada throughout the application process. Short trips outside Canada should be OK.

It helps if you have a job. But if you can show funds in Canada, that should be sufficient. Dependent visas doesnt have a minimum requirement. Again, use a letter of explanation and mention that you are looking for jobs and that you have sufficient funds to support your family. Include as much proof as possible (Bank statements, Tax returns and bank statements from your previous country of residence, etc.).

Congrats and all the best!
Thank you so much

ypra

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
In Process: 14-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015/done remedical and PCC prior to Interview
Interview........
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
Reactions: tozach

harkiratg

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Guys , I need support for sponsoring my child from India. Need help on the IMM5481 form column 5 & 6.
Also guide if we can send the application with copy of notice of assessment rather than Original Option C printout.
thnx

stone1125

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Update on my daughter's (Infant, NDVO) timeline:

Application received : 4 May 2018
AOR : 9 Jun 2018
Medical request : 15 Jun 2018
Medical check performed : 25 Jun 2018
SA : 26 Jun 2018
Medical passed: 29 Jun 2018
Pre-arrival services mail: 10 Aug 2018
PPR: 13 Aug 2018
Could you kindly let me know what the Pre-arrival services mail is?
I also received a letter on June 22, which said "Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong. We are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada! It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful.". Then 2 months passed, and no news updated. So is this the Pre-arrival service mail?

Thanks.

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Could you kindly let me know what the Pre-arrival services mail is?
I also received a letter on June 22, which said "Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong. We are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada! It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful.". Then 2 months passed, and no news updated. So is this the Pre-arrival service mail?
Thanks.
That doesnt look like a pre-arrival services mail. It looks like your application has been tranferred to HK and they have acknowledged it. The pre-arrival services looks like:-

Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.

and some more information

stone1125

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
That doesnt look like a pre-arrival services mail. It looks like your application has been tranferred to HK and they have acknowledged it. The pre-arrival services looks like:-

Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.

and some more information
Oh, thanks. I asked this question yesterday, and I received the Pre-arrival services mail today. :p

ypra

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
In Process: 14-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015/done remedical and PCC prior to Interview
Interview........
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
Hi Everyone, I know medical centre upload the medical results, do we need to update anything from our side regarding medicals.