+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

rvche

Jul 19, 2016
i would really appreciate if anyone here can guide me thru. I am applying pr for my newborn son, my wife is pr but delivered baby in canada. She is in canada now i am sponsoring the child from canada as i am employed here. What additional proof of relationship documents did you guys submit. I have birth certificate and passport for child with my name as father, unfortunately we did not take any pictures together. any advice on what other docs can be sumbitted in addition to birth cert and passport?

MaxTax

Oct 10, 2019
i would really appreciate if anyone here can guide me thru. I am applying pr for my newborn son, my wife is pr but delivered baby in canada. She is in canada now i am sponsoring the child from canada as i am employed here. What additional proof of relationship documents did you guys submit. I have birth certificate and passport for child with my name as father, unfortunately we did not take any pictures together. any advice on what other docs can be sumbitted in addition to birth cert and passport?
Your fine with B certificate and passport with your name as father, you might want to add some pics of the child with you and mother .Also the hospital records wld have details of mother’s name- proving she delivered here. That links mother to child and to you as well.

Reactions: rvche

mjrom03

Jan 24, 2017
Good news for me!
Just received email for PPR. But I do have a question, since my child is now outside Canada and is a minor, do you guys think it would be okay that I will give an authorization letter to another person to sign the Appendix B for me?

Reactions: Mass L

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Good news for me!
Just received email for PPR. But I do have a question, since my child is now outside Canada and is a minor, do you guys think it would be okay that I will give an authorization letter to another person to sign the Appendix B for me?
Congratulations !!!! Hope someone with experience about this can reply you soon. So happy for you

Reactions: mjrom03

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Good news for me!
Can you share your timeline please? And where was your son visa office?

mjrom03

Jan 24, 2017
Can you share your timeline please? And where was your son visa office?
Below is my timeline: Son is 14yo
App submitted: Nov. 6/2018
Recvd App: Nov. 9/2018
AOR: Jan 16/2019
Sponsorship Approval: Feb. 13/2019
Med Request: Feb. 19/2019
Med completed: Feb. 23/2019
App transferred to VO (Philippines Manila): Feb 27/2019
Pre-arrival letter: March 14/2019
Med Passed: March 22/2019
PPR: Oct 22/2019

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Good news for me!

Just fill up out then sign after that scan it! That's what i did to mine when i got my son ppr! Hope it help! Congrats!

Reactions: mjrom03 and Mass L

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Just fill up out then sign after that scan it! That's what i did to mine when i got my son ppr! Hope it help! Congrats!
Please what the appendix B? I am expecting my son PR at anytime from now . Please reply . Also do you have to inform immigration that you child will be traveling alone or with someone else?? My husband was supposed to go get him and bring him to Canada, but as it is now , I am pregnant and my due date is fast approaching. So he can’t travel. Please someone reply

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Please what the appendix B? I am expecting my son PR at anytime from now . Please reply . Also do you have to inform immigration that you child will be traveling alone or with someone else?? My husband was supposed to go get him and bring him to Canada, but as it is now , I am pregnant and my due date is fast approaching. So he can’t travel. Please someone reply

Appendix B you got that when they sent you ppr for your son! You need to fill up that form!

If your son travelling alone or traveling with somebody else you need to write a consent! It based to my country policy and don't know to your country though!

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Appendix B you got that when they sent you ppr for your son! You need to fill up that form!

If your son travelling alone or traveling with somebody else you need to write a consent! It based to my country policy and don't know to your country though!
Thank you so much. I will write a consent form and attach my hospital letter to them. Oh!! the Appendix B now I got it. Thanks so much

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Another quick question please. I will be sending my son passport and other documents from Canada to the visa office in Africa. Can I ask the visa office to send it to Africa after stamping? Or will they only it to me here in Canada. Because I was hopping the passport can just go to Africa to my elder sister. So he (my son) can just travel ASAP . Because if they send it here in Canada, I have to pay extra money back to send it to Africa . Any help please!!

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Hi everyone, what is the median time between AOR and MR ? I see so many people just get them in the same week, meanwhile, some people wait 3-4 weeks from AOR to medical request? in my case I have been waiting about 3 weeks and really don't know how long would I be waiting. Does anyone the same as me, please let me know and let's keep the timeline updated here.