Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:
My magical powers tell me that a forum member (someone with a nick name starting with "G") will soon write he s got update docs request :) let's see.

Baabaa gee maira bhee hisaaab laga k bata day 8)

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
zeshananis said:
Baabaa gee maira bhee hisaaab laga k bata day 8)
Oh kidding yaar....no magical power...Gravity (wait letter holder, full docs aug 2010) has announced now on pakistan application forum...but I got to know about it through another forum member....so I did not reveal his name till he officially announced it himself..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pakistan-application-forum-t19839.41625.html

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:
Oh kidding yaar....no magical power...Gravity (wait letter holder, full docs aug 2010) has announced now on pakistan application forum...but I got to know about it through another forum member....so I did not reveal his name till he announced himself..
Just kidding too!

Yes, I'm also following him and ask him about the date of update document request. But she didn't replied yet.

sheeno1

Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2010
Doc's Request.
APR-2010
Med's Request
24 Dec-13
Passport Req..
10-Feb '14
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar '14
jamy said:
what is the deadline mate ,
as per 6-12 letter the next BFD is 13-03-2013 so is it deadline and are you sure we will get visa within this time frame ?
What is the abbreviation of BFD ?

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gravity said:
zeshananis ,

full doc sent August 10th 2010.
six months letter + in process: April 18, 2012
additional docs request; 18 November 2012 (time to submitt 30days only)
additional docs request; November 12 , 2012

regards

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gravity said:
zeshananis ,

full doc sent August 10th 2010.
six months letter + in process: April 18, 2012
additional docs request; 18 November 2012 (time to submitt 30days only)
additional docs request; November 12 , 2012

regards
LVO has issued another batch on 12 November. Let see who will be the lucky this time

@ Jimmy Page @Arsh any comments

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
sheeno1 said:
Bring Forward Date

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
sheeno1 said:
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

Courtesy: Qorax

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D?
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D?
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get?
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

Source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-bfd-explained-t39705.0.html;msg269069#msg269069

I have taken the privilege to format the original post a bit. No information was added/deleted during the formatting. Hope it helps.

Arsh Ali

Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-4-2010
Doc's Request.
6-7-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
14-7-2010
Med's Request
27-9-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014
jimmy page said:
My magical powers tell me that a forum member (someone with a nick name starting with "G") will soon write he s got update docs request :) let's see.
Gulabooo ? :p :p

Arsh Ali

Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-4-2010
Doc's Request.
6-7-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
14-7-2010
Med's Request
27-9-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014
zeshananis said:
LVO has issued another batch on 12 November. Let see who will be the lucky this time

@ Jimmy Page @ Arsh any comments
Yes, Canada is not so lucky to have us this early... so waito bai waito :) ;D

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
zeshananis said:

Yes, agreed with Arsh...waito :) ...since abhi they r still down to "full docs in August 2010" applicants...let's see when SEP/OCT/Nov 2010, full docs applicants get something.....may be by Jan/feb...let's see...

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
Arsh Ali said:
Yes, Canada is not so lucky to have us this early... so waito bai waito :) ;D
Kitna khush hai eik lurka pakistan mein :) lol.....I just remembered your filmi dialogue that u said once....."Intizaar mein jo maza hai, wo milnay mein kahan"......I hope u remember my dialogue "subar ka phul meeta hota hai, bus yeh durr hai ke subar kertay kertay phul he na gul jaye" :)

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:
Kitna khush hai eik lurka pakistan mein :) lol.....I just remembered your filmi dialogue that u said once....."Intizaar mein jo maza hai, wo milnay mein kahan"......I hope u remember my dialogue "subar ka phul meeta hota hai, bus yeh durr hai ke subar kertay kertay phul he na gul jaye" :)
LOL :D

pak

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 April 2010
Doc's Request.
17 June 2010
File Transfer...
23 June 2010
Med's Request
27 Sept 2013
Med's Done....
8 Oct 2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
zeshananis said:

Zeshananis, bro.. from where can i find this info?