+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thousands assigned to inactive immigration officers and IDs. Are you one of them?

gcastrobh

Jul 31, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2019
Canada's immigration department has assigned tens of thousands of applicants to immigration officers or placeholder codes that are inactive and no longer working within their system — some who've last logged in and processed files up to 16 years ago, and from airports and visa offices around the world.

Search your GCMS code here
Applicants are able to get information on IRCC's activity on their files through a GCMS note, obtained through Access to Information and Privacy Requests. People can apply directly to IRCC or CBSA to obtain their GCMS notes.

Once you obtain that document, you may be able to see the immigration officer or computer code your file is currently assigned to under the "assigned to" field. Some applicants, however, have reported they don't see that category on their GCMS notes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ircc-immigration-officer-container-placeholder-code-inactive-list-1.6669571

News from Priscilla Ki Sun Hwang is a reporter with CBC News based in Ottawa. Send your story to her email priscilla.hwang@cbc.ca

Last edited:

Alberta35

Jun 15, 2015
Edmonton
Canada's immigration department has assigned tens of thousands of applicants to immigration officers or placeholder codes that are inactive and no longer working within their system — some who've last logged in and processed files up to 16 years ago, and from airports and visa offices around the world.

Search your GCMS code here
Applicants are able to get information on IRCC's activity on their files through a GCMS note, obtained through Access to Information and Privacy Requests. People can apply directly to IRCC or CBSA to obtain their GCMS notes.

Once you obtain that document, you may be able to see the immigration officer or computer code your file is currently assigned to under the "assigned to" field. Some applicants, however, have reported they don't see that category on their GCMS notes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ircc-immigration-officer-container-placeholder-code-inactive-list-1.6669571

News from Priscilla Ki Sun Hwang is a reporter with CBC News based in Ottawa. Send your story to her email priscilla.hwang@cbc.ca
I just read the article and I can't believe more people aren't talking about it on this forum! Luckily, I was PR and now a citizen :) but this forum really helped guide me through the whole process when I started it many, many years ago.

klubsoda

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I just don't understand why the government says it wants to take in lots of immigrants and then makes the experience absolutely miserable for people they've deemed qualified. Boggles the mind.

Reactions: gcastrobh