+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those with ITA - Can you share what CIC is requesting?

insouciant

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where it is mentioned that we need bank statement for the last 6 months? kindly provide the source.

zosya

Dec 9, 2014
doubleym said:
I'm interested in the same information myself, fingers crossed that scores dip into the 500s soon...

From what I've seen the list so far is:

- Police Certificates
- Reference letters for all work experience listed in profile
- Reference letters for all Spouses work experience listed in profile
- Medical Report for all applicants in profile
- Financial profile from your bank

Plus I'm assuming things like copies of Language test certificates, ECA reports, proof of Marriage/Common Law relationship.

No doubt many more things too...
Are reference letters for spouse's work experience really necessary?

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
blackbeast said:
Hey,
bunch of queries below -

1. what is the validity of PCC obtained from india? i have once with oct last week 2014. Can i still use it?

2. I dont have my hard copy of IELTS results. It is most probably lying down at CIC to get returned back. I dont have a soft copy. If in case, i get an ITA, does CIC consider the copy which british council said will forward to CIC if i can provide my application number?

3. does CIC accept reference letters from co-workers which is not on company letter heads?

4. Can i show my Provident fund account as POF?

thanks!!
Can some one respond to the above question ? especially the 4th question.

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Julianasnr said:
They want the last 6 months to see if you didn't borrow the money. Not necessary that the 12k have been in your account for the last 6 months.
Julianasn

That's what my question is, showing 12k may not possible. Inflow and outflow is going on ..but at present i dont have that much amount.

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys congratulation who got ITA
I have question: What about if I can't get reference letter from my previous employers?
What is gonna happen, I have all papers like work permit and work contracts from my previous employer.
One of my employer is not going to give my good reference that is the problem. Therefor I am planning to ask reference letter from him.
Do I have to submit them reference letter. Is it mandatory?
Thanks for the replies.

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I have question: after ITA how do submit police clearance upload or mail?
Please share your experiences.
Thanks

confuse07

Jun 23, 2013
For the prrof of employment, can we submit the record of employment from service canada? It show's the hours and dates you've worked for those previous employers right?

ryanian

Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anvar21 said:
Hi guys
I have question: after ITA how do submit police clearance upload or mail?
Please share your experiences.
Thanks
All documents need to be uploaded :)

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
zosya said:
Are reference letters for spouse's work experience really necessary?
According to posts I've read from an ITA recipient they are requested so I assume they are necessary.

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackbeast said:
Hey,
bunch of queries below -

1. what is the validity of PCC obtained from india? i have once with oct last week 2014. Can i still use it?

2. I dont have my hard copy of IELTS results. It is most probably lying down at CIC to get returned back. I dont have a soft copy. If in case, i get an ITA, does CIC consider the copy which british council said will forward to CIC if i can provide my application number?

3. does CIC accept reference letters from co-workers which is not on company letter heads?

4. Can i show my Provident fund account as POF?

thanks!!
PCC validity for 3 months irrespective of which country u got it frm.
if the need arises u can ask for a copy from british council.
nope.. reference letters dont work.. it has to be from company on company letter head.. with that persons contact details.. has been like tat since 2008
i guess provident fund might work so would FD in bank etc..

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassu2 said:
nope.. reference letters dont work.. it has to be from company on company letter head.. with that persons contact details.. has been like tat since 2008
PCC validity is 12 months from the date of issue.

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
jassu2 said:
Like the other guy said...i heard the information as 1 year for PCC validity..
I am aware that i can request the british council...my question is whether CIC accepts it from british council directly?
How about having a letter on company letter head stating my name, date of joining & my designation but not the roles & responsibilities which will be collected from my colleague on a white paper?
Do we have a definitive example that CIC accepts PF balance as a POF?

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barbs said:
No you're wrong. PCC validity is 3 months from the date of issue. I've called CIC call center couple times to verify this. It is also indicated on the cic website as well.
My bad you are absolutely right PCC is valid for 3 months before the date of submission, However PCC is valid for 1 year once CIC received our application and if CIC will not reach on decision in one year they might ask for new CIC.

shuklapranu

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
chevy said:
My bad you are absolutely right PCC is valid for 3 months before the date of submission, However PCC is valid for 1 year once CIC received our application and if CIC will not reach on decision in one year they might ask for new CIC.
do we have any option to ask for renewed PCC or just apply from scratch

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackbeast said:
Like the other guy said...i heard the information as 1 year for PCC validity..
I am aware that i can request the british council...my question is whether CIC accepts it from british council directly?
How about having a letter on company letter head stating my name, date of joining & my designation but not the roles & responsibilities which will be collected from my colleague on a white paper?
Do we have a definitive example that CIC accepts PF balance as a POF?
all abt PCC - just google "how old police clearance does cic accept"

nope.. u have to sent all the documents urself..

nope dude.. it wont work tat way.. the company needs to mention all those.. and as i said last time thy had asked me for business card of the signatory.. tat was in 2009... canada doesnt have white paper thing like we have in india.. lol..

no idea abt PF.. but what thy want is proof of fund.. i.e. that u have the said amount of money in your hand.. i dont exactly live in india so not much aware abt PF (or even what it is, but if its like FD, then it ll work as the money belongs to u).. lol.. sorry..