+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
They simply refused my first application. However, my case was more complex and I do partly understand their decision. The role in question started off as administrative then quickly progressed to more advanced program level work. My job title was also updated half way through the contract to reflect this. However, my employer letter used the old administrative job title and duties description, rather than the latest. I should have checked this closer before submitting. I thought they were only interested in the letter as confirmation of employment rather than scrutinising the actual job title / responsibilities. I didn't realise how closely they looked at NOC. So when the visa officer read my employer letter he assumed I was actually just administrative staff rather than program staff, so this lowered my CRS in his eyes and he refused.

It was actually just a misunderstanding based on poorly worded employer letter. Second attempt I went back to my employer to explain the situation. I then rewrote the employer letter myself, very closely matching the NOC description. All they had to do was sign the new employer letter. Thankfully, latest GCMS shows they have now accepted my clarification and new documents.

As long as it's the same or very close job title, and at least 3 or 4 of the main duties match the NOC duties you should be fine. It's not so much the exact wording / language that has to match but it needs to be close or equivalent. If you have any concerns order GCMS to see what they have said about your employer letter. Raise a CSE / LOE if clarification is needed.
Thanks for your explanation. I also thought that employer reference letters don't have to be exact in terms of wording, but can't help worrying...I have ordered GCMS notes...

Reactions: huma757

ZafarAfridi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
Does anyone know if after a file is at 1+ year a lawyer can help?
If you are in Security Screening for 1 year then you can lodge a case against IRCC. for a file to be one year old is normal, you can't put case if your file is more than 1 year old.

Reactions: mamgain

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
If you are in Security Screening for 1 year then you can lodge a case against IRCC. for a file to be one year old is normal, you can't put case if your file is more than 1 year old.
You mean I can’t do it if it’s just one year from AOR, it has to be 1 year since security checks started right?

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Just letting you all know, I think it is a common scenario.

I enquired about reasons behind more than 6 months delay in processing of my EE application by raising a CSE to IRCC. I got the generic reply that your application is under processing. Processing time may vary. Please rest assure kind of wording.

The lack of any proper information and assuring reply is appalling.

I ordered the third set of GCMS notes last month and will see if there are any actual developments in my application.

Last two GCMS notes revealed that my application is untouched since the first week of December 2017

I hope the applicants waiting here soon receive any decision and PPR on their case.

I feel sorry for people waiting for more than a year. A lot of things in life have to be put on hold while waiting for a decision from IRCC.

Mishamax

May 22, 2018
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-11-2016
Passport Req..
12-05-2018
Been a silent reader of the forum for a long time, but recently received PPR after 18 months of processing and decided to share my story in case it helps somebody.

Program: Express Entry, FSW-Outland
Visa office: CPC-Ottawa

19-Oct-2016: ITA
05-Nov-2016: AOR
07-Nov-2016: Medicals passed
23-Nov-2016: Request of military records
27-Nov-2016: Submitted military records (didn't serve so they're mostly empty)
29-Nov-2016: Background check in progress

... Security screening …

13-Mar-2018: Requested CSIS notes
25-Apr-2018: Re-medical request
27-Apr-2018: Response from CSIS requesting 90-day extension
03-May-2018: Medical exam
10-May-2018: Medicals submitted by doctor to CIC
11-May-2018: Medicals passed
12-May-2018: PPR

14-May-2018: Submitted passport to Moscow VO
17-May-2018: Application approved
18-May-2018: Received passport and COPR
22-May-2018: Received CSIS notes

Overall 18 months of processing with 17 months of security screening.

During the process, I requested GCMS notes as well as sent messages to the visa office many times without any effect. Always received the standard response "Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications".

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but my case started moving after requesting CSIS notes. The notes indicate that CSIS received SS request on 29-Nov-2016, started the screening on 22-Mar-2017 and finished it on 27-Mar-2017. Go figure what they were doing for a year after that…

And yet after the second medical exam, CIC somehow managed to pass the medicals, finalize the application and send me PPR - all within 36 hours. They can work quickly if they want to.

Still no idea about the reasons for security screening - didn't serve in the military or worked for the government, no travel to dangerous countries, etc. It seems sometimes they just select random applicants. Like the system quality check, you know...

I would like to thank members of the forum because I received a lot of useful information here and just reading it helped me stay sane during those 18 months.

Good luck to those still waiting! I can only suggest trying to push them by requesting CSIS / CBSA notes as well as continuing to bug CIC. Because sometimes it seems to help.

dannio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Been a silent reader of the forum for a long time, but recently received PPR after 18 months of processing and decided to share my story in case it helps somebody.

... Security screening …

During the process, I requested GCMS notes as well as sent messages to the visa office many times without any effect. Always received the standard response "Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications".

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but my case started moving after requesting CSIS notes. The notes indicate that CSIS received SS request on 29-Nov-2016, started the screening on 22-Mar-2017 and finished it on 27-Mar-2017. Go figure what they were doing for a year after that…

And yet after the second medical exam, CIC somehow managed to pass the medicals, finalize the application and send me PPR - all within 36 hours. They can work quickly if they want to.

Still no idea about the reasons for security screening - didn't serve in the military or worked for the government, no travel to dangerous countries, etc. It seems sometimes they just select random applicants. Like the system quality check, you know...

I would like to thank members of the forum because I received a lot of useful information here and just reading it helped me stay sane during those 18 months.

Good luck to those still waiting! I can only suggest trying to push them by requesting CSIS / CBSA notes as well as continuing to bug CIC. Because sometimes it seems to help.
My goodness

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017

... Security screening …

Congrats!

Nadiametwally

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017

... Security screening …

hi congratulation and good luck
i ordred CBSA notes and received it, do you think that CSIS is différent and i should order it too?

sachka02

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018

... Security screening …

Congrats.it well deserved ! !!

Mishamax

May 22, 2018
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-11-2016
Passport Req..
12-05-2018
hi congratulation and good luck
i ordred CBSA notes and received it, do you think that CSIS is différent and i should order it too?
Thank you!

I haven't ordered CBSA notes, so I'm not exactly sure.
I decided to order CSIS notes first, and then CBSA after that, but received PPR first :)
From what I read here, CBSA notes are basically GCMS notes, maybe with more info available.
CSIS notes are completely different and actually show start and finish dates of security screening.
Although, I don't know what is the order of CSIS and CBSA in this process.
Maybe, CBSA does its part of the job after CSIS, in which case CSIS finish date could be inaccurate.
I guess, you could order CSIS notes too. At least, there's no harm in doing so. For me it helped to push the application forward.

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016

... Security screening …

Congrats, and thank you for telling us, it always helps. The second medical they ask for when they have already decided to give you the ppr, so when you submit the medical, bam they deliver the ppr and it seems fast.
You were sent to SS because you are Russian, no extra reasons required. They are not even subtle or secretive about throwing people for no reason except their origins...

Your remedical date of April 25... This is the same date many forgotten applications were suddenly and magically remembered and finalized. April 25 is the date they decided to issue you the PPR. I wonder how they managed to magically solve all those stuck cases in Apil altogether when they had been failing all those past months...

Reactions: mamgain

Mishamax

May 22, 2018
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-11-2016
Passport Req..
12-05-2018
Congrats, and thank you for telling us, it always helps. The second medical they ask for when they have already decided to give you the ppr, so when you submit the medical, bam they deliver the ppr and it seems fast.
You were sent to SS because you are Russian, no extra reasons required. They are not even subtle or secretive about throwing people for no reason except their origins...

Your remedical date of April 25... This is the same date many forgotten applications were suddenly and magically remembered and finalized. April 25 is the date they decided to issue you the PPR. I wonder how they managed to magically solve all those stuck cases in Apil altogether when they had been failing all those past months...
Thanks!

Yeah, I guess you're right.
Maybe they process SS results in batches... Like once a year or so :)
Anyway, wish you speedy PPR!