+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone,

Jan 2017 AOR here. Under SS since May 2017.

Have tried everything: GCMS notes, CSIS update (clearance with them is done), CBSA (No response), and contacting MP (got the same response: security verifications are in process).

I am inland and know many respectable Canadian citizens who have top jobs. One of them offered to write a letter and send it to IRCC to vouch for me. After all, they need to know that I am not a security threat, and he thinks that hearing this from someone who is a university professor and knows me for 5 years can help.

What do you think? Do you think IRCC/CBSA would even consider such recommendations? Do you think it hurts to try this? Has anyone done or heard of someone doing something like this?

Thanks all and wishing you best of luck!
Here are my two cents.

We pay around 500 CAD for this process and this really makes me question if the CIC spends so many man hours checking an application under a microscope. It's just sitting there and to make a decision means the officer had to spend sometime in which he can push maybe five "simpler" cases and claim his goodie bag.

My contact in Canada opines that inland candidates have it worse if they get stuck. As the government is already making use of their potential and taxes revenues what's the rush to give them pr and then pay for their social schemes etc.

So yes you can try all recommendations you can gather but imho CIC guys don't care. Why would they? Why would he wreck his brain to get an exemption for you when he can simply hide behind the wall of national_security argument and then maybe once he has some time process your application after months of delay in the name of security checks.

PS: I read an audit report on the net about CBSA checks and it notes, among other things, that for many student visas the CBSA didn't even wait the mandatory 10 days to get the CSIS results and simply marked the check completed.

So I guess you can just chill in the fresh air of Canada and it will happen sooner. Look at the bright side I say.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Got ghost updated mesmess.. Profile shows updated, but, nothing updated... Does it a positive sign?

Reactions: summerxx

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
Hi,

After long 15 months I got reply from VO on my email inquiry on status update. They have said application is in final processing stage and that I need to redo the medical exam. Anyone with similar experience? Does that mean after medicals re submission the PPR will be issued?
Looks positive. Yes after medicals ppr anytime now. Whats your nationality?

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
what does it mean if nothing happens to my medical status? they're expired in mid march and so far my status is still IP2.
They asked for additional documents on Sep 21, I've sumbitted them on Sep 26 and since then nothing happened, even the documents section is still "we require more documents".
What's going on??

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
what does it mean if nothing happens to my medical status? they're expired in mid march and so far my status is still IP2.
They asked for additional documents on Sep 21, I've sumbitted them on Sep 26 and since then nothing happened, even the documents section is still "we require more documents".
What's going on??
They will take a call of either automatically renewing them for you for a year, or they’ll ask you to redo them.
Don’t worry about the section of ADR changing. They asked me for documents in November, and I submitted them on the same day. Status online remains we need additional documents until now, but I ordered GCMS notes and in them the officer acknowledges receiving them.

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Maybe your ss is done and waiting for final approval. I got response as follows: 'Your case is currently being processed'. Previously I usually got response that "requires additional verification...blabla" But the reply you got is obviously much more positive. .....hope you get it soon.
Hello,
Do you know what does "Your file is currently in queue for officer review." mean?
Did anybody have the same experience?
I got this when I sent an email asking for an update.
Thanks
I have added you both to 2016 pending list. Please see below link.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/only-for-people-with-aor-in-jan-dec-2016-stuck-under-express-entry-and-not-finalized.538913/page-2

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Looks like a positive sign. Are your medicals up to date? When does they expire?
I got blank update when IRCC had extebded my medicals.
Mine is valid until June end

Last edited:

expapp123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

Jan 2017 AOR here. Under SS since May 2017.

Have tried everything: GCMS notes, CSIS update (clearance with them is done), CBSA (No response), and contacting MP (got the same response: security verifications are in process).

I am inland and know many respectable Canadian citizens who have top jobs. One of them offered to write a letter and send it to IRCC to vouch for me. After all, they need to know that I am not a security threat, and he thinks that hearing this from someone who is a university professor and knows me for 5 years can help.

What do you think? Do you think IRCC/CBSA would even consider such recommendations? Do you think it hurts to try this? Has anyone done or heard of someone doing something like this?

Thanks all and wishing you best of luck!
I don't think the letter will do much at all to be honest. The fact that you have stayed here for 5 years is enough proof that you are safe. It is just ridiculous how long this is taking. Just hang tight, I know you will hear back very very soon!

Reactions: Klamm

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi everyone

I sent an email to Ottawa office last night and today they have replied with the following

Good day,
Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

They replied pretty quickly. My file is not under SS. What additional verifications are they doing. Any thoughts?

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi everyone

I sent an email to Ottawa office last night and today they have replied with the following

Good day,
Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

They replied pretty quickly. My file is not under SS. What additional verifications are they doing. Any thoughts?
This is a template and an extremely common response, so don't read too much into it. I believe it just means that your application is still in progress. Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with SS.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
This is a template and an extremely common response, so don't read too much into it. I believe it just means that your application is still in progress. Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with SS.
We will hit 9 months on Feb 12th. I called IRCC. Agent said they are waiting for rcmp report. Not sure how long rcmp takes. Any clue. My bg is in process since last week of OCT.

ktmktm

Nov 1, 2017
Hi everyone

Good day,

I sent an email to ottawa on Monday and also got the same reply the next day. It normally takes them a week or two to reply before. I didn’t expect they would reply so quickly this time.

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I sent an email to ottawa on Monday and also got the same reply the next day. It normally takes them a week or two to reply before. I didn’t expect they would reply so quickly this time.
It's a copy paste template reply. I'm wondering why they don't use robots at this point, it would be exactly as helpful and not cost a wage...

Reactions: mamgain