+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This forum is...stressful.

smithcanada

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
It's helpful in some cases. for example, when clarifying fact-based inquiries. But often, people speculate and make wild assumptions.

Now, I've gone from feeling relatively confident about my application to being fearful and getting ready to pack my bags and go back home. I was confident about my job experience, but, based on some of the posts here, they can somehow reject you based on salary. Plus, VO can simply say "well, i'm not so sure you actually did this stuff. so...too friggin bad."

I was confident about my education (have a 4-year undergrad degree from UWO), but based on the post about one applicant getting rejected because the VO THOUGHT his program was 1-year, it seems like VOs can get away with speculation. So, no longer sure that the VO won't find anything wrong with my education.

As of now, the only thing I'm sure about is my 9.0 IELTS score!
It took me 2 months to send my application. Had all my documents ready. But, just couldn't mail it because, after reading posts on this forum, I was so afraid there was something wrong with it. So, I kept reading it and re-reading it. Now, I'm sure there's something wrong!

This is such a stressful process. And this Forum actually makes things worse. I think once you've submitted your application, it's best not to visit this forum.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
smithcanada said:
It's helpful in some cases. for example, when clarifying fact-based inquiries. But often, people speculate and make wild assumptions.

Now, I've gone from feeling relatively confident about my application to being fearful and getting ready to pack my bags and go back home. I was confident about my job experience, but, based on some of the posts here, they can somehow reject you based on salary. Plus, VO can simply say "well, i'm not so sure you actually did this stuff. so...too friggin bad."

I was confident about my education (have a 4-year undergrad degree from UWO), but based on the post about one applicant getting rejected because the VO THOUGHT his program was 1-year, it seems like VOs can get away with speculation. So, no longer sure that the VO won't find anything wrong with my education.

It took me 2 months to send my application. Had all my documents ready. But, just couldn't mail it because, after reading posts on this forum, I was so afraid there was something wrong with it. So, I kept reading it and re-reading it. Now, I'm sure there's something wrong!

This is such a stressful process. And this Forum actually makes things worse. I think once you've submitted your application, it's best not to visit this forum.
hey, if ur sure u met all the requirements, there is nothing to worry about. just send in ur application and keep ur fingers crossed. All the best...

Ayinka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012
hi there. Please do not discourage people as this forum has helped plenty unless you like to keep your head in the sand and not know the realities of immigration process. Even when your application has been sent already, there are plenty ways to possibly catch and rectify a mistake before it's too late but one would not know about it if it wasn't for places like these where people share their experiences. That said, you are free to register and just as free to remove your account if it's causing you this much ache (though I think it would be beneficial, even for you, to stay tuned). Paranoia is normal around here. Good luck.

smithcanada said:

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
Hey SmithCanada,

I understand your situation. But, you know what, by going through this forum, there are so many cases where they realised their mistakes and corrected the issues on time which was of a great help on not getting the application rejected. In fact, I too was one, who got to know so many new things and on how do I correct them.

The cases' scenario may vary depending on various factors and it also depends on the VO too. So, its good that we go through these posts so that we can get some useful info and even we can help others in problem. But, we should not panic looking at specific cases as they might not even applicable for someone lese. The CIC wouldn't actually reject any applicant without a valid reason.

So, please calm down buddy and be patient. I wish you all the best and Good luck with your application!! ;D

muskaanrani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011/ resubmitted - 01-06-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
IELTS Request
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
Ottawa 23-01-2012
Med's Request
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
25-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-04-2012 sent PP on 21-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2012 recd on 18-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
honestly u shouldn't fear ur decision. this forum is just helping out with ideas and also based on peoples experience.
if u feel u should send ur application than u should give it a try. there's no harm in trying and if u do get qualified than thats worth trying..
this forum gives both negative and positive experience of each one of us here, its up to u take which one u want.

smithcanada

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Ayinka said:
hi there. Please do not discourage people as this forum has helped plenty unless you like to keep your head in the sand and not know the realities of immigration process. Even when your application has been sent already, there are plenty ways to possibly catch and rectify a mistake before it's too late but one would not know about it if it wasn't for places like these where people share their experiences. That said, you are free to register and just as free to remove your account if it's causing you this much ache (though I think it would be beneficial, even for you, to stay tuned). Paranoia is normal around here. Good luck.
wow, the old "if you don't like it, leave" remark. i didn't say it wasn't useful, nor was I discouraging people.
people like PMM and jes_on have answered several of my questions. And that is what this forum is best for; understanding/confirming fact-based issues. for example, i didn't realize that my IELTS score had to be converted into CLB. as a result, i ended up retaking the exam and wasted 300 bux! had i come here sooner, i would ahve saved it.

i was simply venting. and my issue was that there is a lot of speculation on this forum, too, which has a negative effect on applicants.
i also wish everyone best of luck!

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good VS. Bad, Postive VS. Negative, Hope VS. Fear. No one can change the fact, it is simply you decide which side you want focus your life on.

Your application will be fine. Just relax and enjoy your life. Most of people only have this type of immigration experience once, make it a Positive one and have Faith. :)

Ayinka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012
well, you did say this forum makes the whole process worse...just didn't agree at all and made my point ;). I do agree that we all speculate a lot here but the positive we get out of this forum outweighs it all. Also, i think this forum serves as a support group of some sort...if you're not going through it yourself, it's quite difficult to understand the twist and turns, the stress and paranoia that makes us go nuts. Sorry for not letting you vent in peace :D...just don't want people to miss out on an oppportunity to learn and make some headway in their application. Laslty...dont' pack your bags quite yet...just hang in there and things will turn out ok.

smithcanada said:
wow, the old "if you don't like it, leave" remark. i didn't say it wasn't useful, nor was I discouraging people.
people like PMM and jes_on have answered several of my questions. And that is what this forum is best for; understanding/confirming fact-based issues. for example, i didn't realize that my IELTS score had to be converted into CLB. as a result, i ended up retaking the exam and wasted 300 bux! had i come here sooner, i would ahve saved it.

i was simply venting. and my issue was that there is a lot of speculation on this forum, too, which has a negative effect on applicants.

amydoan

Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
AOR Received.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Request
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
05-01-2012
@ smithcanada

Believe in yourself is a key to make it through. Open your mind with other opinions and only pick up the information that helps strengthen your situation. I learned a lot from this forum and trackitt, cannot be thankful enough for their help :D

woshwienma

Apr 4, 2012
smithcanada said:

:eek: You just gave me another paranoia attack. What is CLB? why do you need to convert IELTS score?

smithcanada

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
woshwienma said:
:eek: You just gave me another paranoia attack. What is CLB? why do you need to convert IELTS score?
LOL! ok relax.
ok, when you take the IELTS, you get 4 scores: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. These are marked from 0 to 9.0 for each category. I'll call these "raw" scores. Originally, I thought that the minimum levels that immigration looked at were your raw scores. However, what you need to do is look at your raw score and then find their equivalence in the CLB chart here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp#5609E2.

Then, assess your CLB levels against your NOC to see if you have the minimum scores. I'm sure you did fine based on the one sentence you wrote.

ofvgard

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-then CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/4/2012
AOR Received.
10/8/2012
IELTS Request
sent with Application
Med's Request
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
25/10/2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10/12/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/12/2012
LANDED..........
13/01/13
Then why did you have to redo the IELTS if you scored 9s?

Duke

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hi SmitCanada,

I would like to say that you should refer the CEC hand book for all your question/answers related to process. if you had then you definetly would find out "raw" to CLB matching.

I belive this forum is useful in a way to share your experience with CEC application and processes ans what steps you have done in what situation so other can be benifited by having such information on hand.

Apart from this, I have used the forum to anticipate the my application process stage based on other's one. Most of the time I accurately figured out when I will get AOR,medical, passport request.

So relax, after submitting your application, you may have some uncommon situation which are not there in process hand book and might be experienced by some one else you might get answer.

Regards,
Duke.