+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

thinking of withdrawing citizenship application-US trips

• Thread starter calmpersonality
  • Start date
C

calmpersonality

I put in citizenship application about 6months ago. I have acknowledgment of receipt of application from CIC. I had to move from my apartment to a new condo and i came across a couple of bus tickets i bought for my numerous US trips. In the citizenship application, i indicated as many as i could remember but having found new information, I 'm thinking of withdrawing my application entirely.

The second thing is I'm ready to put in sponsorship application for my husband (american citizen) and I don't want show less dates of my trips to US especially now that I've found additional tickets.

with only one applicant ID, will the two offices compare files or I should just let things be as it is?

please help!

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Use the online residency calculator. If with your additional trips you still meet the physical presence requirement, then don't worry about it, especially if when you filed the citizenship application you made it clear that you might not have gotten all the trips but did the best possible.

If you left some additional time before applying, it should be fine. If you only applied immediately after becoming eligible for citizenship, then you may well get an interview with a citizenship judge, but even that doesn't mean you should withdraw the application. If you did a reasonable job of estimating your absences, and the additional absences weren't long, and you're otherwise well established in Canada, then the judge will most likely grant your citizenship even if you're slightly short of the physical presence requirement.

C

calmpersonality

I will still meet the residency requirements. i allowed a grace period of about 3 months so I'm ok there. It's just that I feel I'm withholding information . And if i include it in my sponsorship application, it will show a clear contrast in terms of the number of trips I'VE reported for citizenship and the number of trips i am reporting for visiting my husband.

can you withdraw a citizenship application at all ?