Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
k well if you went up previously, you would note i talked about of different types of evidence that she could submit. Submitting facebook was just one example. If you combine different type of evidences then how could it be fake? If you submit just one type of evidence then it could be faked. But I dont think someone is going to fake 1 year of evidence, then go through 1 year of sponsorship to get to canada.
So thats my take.

smrty

Oct 2, 2010
i think people could be desperate to do whatever they wanted to do.

and i think that internet relationshlip proof is VERY VERY WEAK....

emails, chat logs, facebot accounts.. all very poor sources

if someone wants to get into canada they will go to whatever means possible.

if i were an IO i would NOT accept internet proof as real proof.. the first thing we learned about the internet when it came out was that YOU CAN'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU FIND ONLINE!!!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
welli am disappointed to see you think this way.
many people on this forum have long distance relationships.
and thats the way theycommunicate.
its a good thing you are not a IO.

smrty

Oct 2, 2010
maybe -- but just stating the facts.

im sure in a year or two or even next week the rules will change.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
To the Original Poster: you are actually living with your spouse and have been for quite a while, so proof of this is very good. A lease with both your names on it would be ideal. If you don't have one, get an affidavit from the landlord, a roommate, or whoever owns the place where you live, stating that the two of you have been living there as a couple since ___.
Joint financial things are also very good evidence: joint bank accounts, jointly owned credit cards, each other named as beneficiaries on life insurance (if you have any - you're a bit young).

The TRVs won't hurt you if you prove that the attempted visits to Canada were to visit you. Don't just assume the visa office has all the relevant details of these failed TRV applications. What they certainly have is that he applied for two TRVs and was refused. They may not know why he applied, so include proof it was to see you - a copy of the letter of invitation, or a copy of the application itself if you were listed on it. My husband's application was harmed by this - on the first page of his CAIPS notes it says over and over that he has two failed TRV attempts. Nowhere in those CAIPS notes does it ever mention that he was trying to visit me. We had to provide that proof ourselves.

B

buddhadimple

Posting my facebook profile, with the mutual friends and "in a relationship with" is not "internet proof"?

We are a common-law couple so we live together. We did not meet online. We simply did it because it certainly can't hurt. We have friends (who are 'mutual friends' on Facebook) who wrote supportive letters. We also have our parents, who did Stat Decs, as our 'friends'. But even MORE than that, it is an invitation for the Immigration Officers to look us up themselves if they so choose. They can see any photos of us together, any comments made to each other, anything others have said, whatever. I have purposely adjusted my privacy settings to allow for this until we get PR. It is quite obviously a "real" Facebook profile.

L

limanoid

Facebook is a as good of a source for proving a relationship as other sources! What I myself meant all the way back was that writing that one is married on facebook isn't really a powerful thing in itself. It's one of many things that she needs to get! You need legal documents and you also need other support evidence proving it's genuine. And yeah, in response to Honeybird: some of my friends do make fake relationships on facebook simply due to an inside joke.

The "mutual friends" part could be a "so what?" thing -- at least to me. I know so many people who have tried to add me as their 'friend' when I didn't know them -- they were friends of my other friends. Though, if you got one of those 'mutual friends' to write a letter, then the 'mutual friend' thing could be validated.

I personally used facebook to message notes to my husband and contact him, but I also used emails and non-digital evidence like receipts and other proofs. Basically, it's probably good to get a variety of proof.

As for smrty: I think the fact that more and more people are beginning to use internet for maintaining their relationships and for everyday communication, it is becoming a legit form of proving relationships are genuine. Sure online relationships could be entirely orchestrated. Like my skype-to-skype calls could just be me calling my husband and letting the time pass without actually chatting with him. Or our emails could be entirely faked and scripted. It would take a lot of effort but it's possible to create a fake relationship with lots of evidence. But, ha! maybe if you really take that much effort, maybe you should be allowed to come to Canada as a PR.. :p

Though, I am not saying that internet relationship are all fake or weaker than other forms nor am I saying that the evidence from internet sources are weak. Either way, it's safer to have more than one type and source of evidence for the entirety of your relationship to prove it's genuine.. I would think. Internet evidence but also tying it in with non-digital physical evidence is best thing to do, no? Though a solely internet-based relationship with tons and a variety of proof that have genuine and real conversations is excellent as well.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
javcil said:
Just wondering ... if you're 18, is your marriage legal in Canada?
18 is the legal age to be able to marry. Younger, if you have parental consent.

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
giggles1985 said:
18 is the legal age to be able to marry. Younger, if you have parental consent.
Must be different from province to province I guess. In BC the minimum age is 19 unless you have parental authorization.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Interesting. Yeah, that's only BC. I just looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_in_Canada

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
javcil said:
Must be different from province to province I guess. In BC the minimum age is 19 unless you have parental authorization.
wow...that law needs to be changed! :eek:

B

buddhadimple

HoneyBird said:
wow...that law needs to be changed! :eek:
19 is the age of majority in BC.

Which means you can't drink until 19 either.

Also, you can't get your full Class 5 Driver's license until at least 19 either (if you get your "Learners" at 16, you have to wait 12 months of learning before you are allowed to do a road test for your "Novice" license (only 1 passenger allowed unless direct family members), and then you have to use that for 24 more months before you can do a second road test for your Class 5 "full" license - aged 19).

You also can't vote for Provincial government until age 19. Having said that, I've always thought the right to vote should be 16 - and that anyone under the age of "voting age" (whether it's 16, 18, 19, or whatever) should not have to pay taxes (like PST/GST/HST or income tax) due to not being able to vote for the Party who spends the tax dollars. It's also funny you can still join the army and get trained up to kill at 16... I digress.

Anyway 19 was a good age when I lived in BC. Personally, 18 is fresh out of high school. Although I would have considered myself mature for my age at 15, looking back I can appreciate it being 19.