+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Think positive - especially for those with NOCs not on the list.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I have had many messages from disheartened folks on here. Generally those of you who were about to apply and found that your NOC is no longer on the ministerial list. Guys don't give up.

First of all, forget your job title for a moment and look through the ministerial listing again and see if any of the 29 job's duties match your own. If they do, that is what counts. Be fair about how you look at it. Discuss it with other who are working in those listed NOCs and see if you can match your duties to the listed job duties.

Secondly, look through PNP, and even consider learning french and going through QSW.

Thirdly, for those of you who can afford it, perhaps consider going to study in Canada and then applying later through the CEC class (but rules can always change). Also there are some funding in Canadian universities for masters studies in certain fields. It is not as much as in the US but it does exist.

Fourth - look through websites for jobs in Canada. Remember, now that CIC is openly saying that less visas will be given for FSW1, perhaps more will be given for FSW2. Perhaps employers will see they can get qualified people from overseas more easy with the new rules. Keep on emailing potential employers about jobs. Look for relevant websites. I think Canadavisa even has a job website. A simple Google search might come up with more job sites. Talk to your friends in Canada already. Perhaps some of those who are online now and in Canada will help in finding a job especially if they are in the same field.

Fifth - Canada is not the only place for immigration. Consider other countries for immigration too. I heard Denmark, Australia, etc are good too. I am sure you would have seen how a developing country like South Africa has put on an amazing world cup with stadiums that even first world nations cannot compete with. There are developing countries that offers lots of opportunities too, don't discount them. The main point is that you are continually improving your life for you and your family. If an opportunity exists in a developing country that offers a lifestyle better than your current, think about moving there and later, you can always move to an even better country. It might not sound optimal but it might be better than where you are now. I know countries like Malaysia, Singapore, etc offers a great life.

Most importantly, don't lose hope. It is easy to feel disheartened when one's hopes are dashed by a rule change but remember, you are online on this forum only because you are determined to make your and your family's life better. Use that very determination to do what I have mentioned above. Moving to another country is not easy so those of you who are prepared to move are the ones who are willing to take the calculated risk to make your life better. Channel all that energy to immigrate using other legal means.

Take calculated risks, be on the lookout for opportunities and most of all, smile because you still have your health. I am sure you all will do well. Good luck.

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
Solute u !

For such a good notice over this burning issue.
Albiet,im nt under new rules.
Still ,u deserve an appraisal.

Thx:)

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
Maaties said:
I have had many messages from disheartened folks on here. Generally those of you who were about to apply and found that your NOC is no longer on the ministerial list. Guys don't give up.

First of all, forget your job title for a moment and look through the ministerial listing again and see if any of the 29 job's duties match your own. If they do, that is what counts. Be fair about how you look at it. Discuss it with other who are working in those listed NOCs and see if you can match your duties to the listed job duties.

Secondly, look through PNP, and even consider learning french and going through QSW.

Thirdly, for those of you who can afford it, perhaps consider going to study in Canada and then applying later through the CEC class (but rules can always change). Also there are some funding in Canadian universities for masters studies in certain fields. It is not as much as in the US but it does exist.

Fourth - look through websites for jobs in Canada. Remember, now that CIC is openly saying that less visas will be given for FSW1, perhaps more will be given for FSW2. Perhaps employers will see they can get qualified people from overseas more easy with the new rules. Keep on emailing potential employers about jobs. Look for relevant websites. I think Canadavisa even has a job website. A simple Google search might come up with more job sites. Talk to your friends in Canada already. Perhaps some of those who are online now and in Canada will help in finding a job especially if they are in the same field.

Fifth - Canada is not the only place for immigration. Consider other countries for immigration too. I heard Denmark, Australia, etc are good too. I am sure you would have seen how a developing country like South Africa has put on an amazing world cup with stadiums that even first world nations cannot compete with. There are developing countries that offers lots of opportunities too, don't discount them. The main point is that you are continually improving your life for you and your family. If an opportunity exists in a developing country that offers a lifestyle better than your current, think about moving there and later, you can always move to an even better country. It might not sound optimal but it might be better than where you are now. I know countries like Malaysia, Singapore, etc offers a great life.

Most importantly, don't lose hope. It is easy to feel disheartened when one's hopes are dashed by a rule change but remember, you are online on this forum only because you are determined to make your and your family's life better. Use that very determination to do what I have mentioned above. Moving to another country is not easy so those of you who are prepared to move are the ones who are willing to take the calculated risk to make your life better. Channel all that energy to immigrate using other legal means.

Take calculated risks, be on the lookout for opportunities and most of all, smile because you still have your health. I am sure you all will do well. Good luck.
VERY brilliant, thoughtful and encouraging words...God bless you! Amen.

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
Maaties said:

I agree with u

U r 100% right

Life does not end here if could not get visa for canada

we should also see bottom

We should see people who waited for many years but at the end their application rejected

Firstly i tried to immigrate to Australia in 2005, my application was approved but at last stage it ws rejected for some reason

It wasted my money and two years

Then i applied for HSMP (UK), but they too changed their criteria and they even refused application which were already in processing

Then again i applied for Canada and finally i got PPR from CHC

If one door closes, so many new doors open

So keep it up, yes it is hard to accept

thanks

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Maaties -
You are awesome and always encouraging us.
If I could give you another +1, I would but the system is not letting me do that within 168 hours :)

Very Encouraging Words. You are really a beacon of hope for all of us. Thank you.

sushii

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2010
Doc's Request.
20/07/2010
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Maaties

very good suggestion.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties said:

Very inspiring post, Maaties. There are many stumbles along the way; it's not about whether you fall along the way, it's about how quickly you get up and dust yourself off for the rest of the journey.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Perfect Rejoinder to the otherwise stumbling path, ehh Maaties. Good thinking there!

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties said:

You are real VIP Member of this Forum. Thanks to inspire us

Saida

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2010
Doc's Request.
28/10/10
Nomination.....
In Process 18/11/11
AOR Received.
15/02/11
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
30/11/2011 Newbor medical 17/03/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/05/2012
LANDED..........
21st of June, 2012 InshAllah!!!
Maaties,
Thanks a lot for your topic! I am actually in the "black list" ))) But I think positive!
Good luck guys!

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
I've been to Singapore and GERMANY....amazing places to live and work...

GERMANY is SHORT of Engineers

If your into technology and engineering then this country is the Godfather...!!