+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

They sent pr card one month ago, which has not been received.

ju

Sep 24, 2014
Hi

I am now out of country. So my representative, my parent, contacted them, who said that they have already sent pr card almost one month ago to local office in vancouver. The problem is there has not been any notice to pick it up until now. Moreover, they can't contact local office, but leave a memo in my file for local office to see. After that, one week passed without no notice. Is it ok to just wait as the Agent said. Is there any way to contact local office?

Any tip of advice will be highly appreciated.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Local office is part of the process. That is why they dont send it to you directly. In some cases, local office may want to interview the person before giving the card. Thats either because they suspect the person has not met residency requirements or a random audit. There is nothing to do to speed up the process, especially that you are outside Canada. If you need to return soon, your best option will be to apply for a PRTD at a visa office. You will have to satisfy the officer that you meet your residency obligation before you are approved.

ju

Sep 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your reply.

Is there first and second process of approval? Before leaving Canada, agent told me that my application was approved on July, 20. And almost one month later it has been sent to local office. And again review it without documents and more without any notice or interview?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ju said:
Thank you so much for your reply.

Is there first and second process of approval? Before leaving Canada, agent told me that my application was approved on July, 20. And almost one month later it has been sent to local office. And again review it without documents and more without any notice or interview?
Each office has different processing times. They may call anytime and ask you to bring documents to support your residency. Thats just how it works. And yes it could be approved by CIC, sent to local office, and the approval could be turned around by local office if they arent satisfied you meet the requirements.