+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**The Weirdest Case- Passports locked for nearly a year-PLS Help Quorax & others

dadoki

Nov 22, 2009
Dear Members,

Is there anything like this out there? Really need your help.
I sent my all ORGINAL documents (this is the requirement in Tokyo VO) in the midst of June, 2010 and got MED+PPR on Sep-2010, sent MED+PPS in Sep 25, 2010. NO DECISION has been made from the VO till date. I badly needed my passport in Feb. and inquired the VO to send it back. They sent back my passport with a request to resubmit it again, I resubmitted PP again in March-2011 and waiting…
Now it is clear that my PCC+IELTS is already outdated. I am afraid that soon my MED will be also expired. I think you better understand me than anybody else; I sacrifice my everything money, time, energy... But my case is continuing to be unsolved. I haven't ask them for any updates, simply because they DO NOT like it, they're always discouraging inquiries. I and my family are literally paralyzed, couldn’t move, invest our money & etc. SORRY for bothering you, but if you have something to say PLEASE…

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
Good luck to you Dadoki!!!
I have similar question, what will happened if IELTS will be expired and case will not be finalized, so I have to do it again? And PCC also valid only for 6 months.....If case is getting longer we have to resubmitted again everything?

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
Please Senior this question need more attention and will help for all of us !
with regard

Jalap

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 November, 2003
Doc's Request.
May 20, 2008
AOR Received.
November 25. 2003
Med's Request
Re-medical: 2 February, 2011
Med's Done....
15 March, 2011
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
6 May, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
28 September, 2011
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear Dadoki,

I have been through a very similar situation like yours. So my first advice is to have patience. You will get your PR sooner or later.

I had sent my medical report along with the PPS on October, 2009. However, I had to go through re-medicals twice which delayed my case for more than a year time (2 repeat chest x-rays and 2 sputum cultures). Eventually my medical and IELTS expired.
I got the CAIPS notes in January, 2011. I found that my medical status was "H" which meant the medical decision was pending.

On February, 2011 I received a package from CHC ND which contained the passports and a letter requesting for a new medical examination as the earlier one had already expired. It was mentioned in the letter that I was not supposed to send the passports unless they requested.

We finished our medical examination in March and I think the medical report reached CHC ND in the middle of March.

Finally, I received Passport request letter on 5 May, 2011. (Although my IELTS expired, they did not ask for another one)
Now I am anxiously waiting to get the passports back with the visas.

I would like to advice you to order the CAIPS notes which will be very helpful in understanding what is really going on in your case.

Good luck and all the best.

Jalap

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
mostly in the case they dont require ielts exam again only mostly they will ask for another pcc and for sure if ur medicals are expired u have to do a new medicals. dont worry u can send them case specific enquiry , emails and even faxes. i applied in dec 2008 and got visa last month. i used to send queries every month through all these means and thats why my case moved further. write email and enquiry with subject as " urgent medicals expiring soon on ( date) applied in (date) crossed the normal processing time by ____ months " and it my personal experience it helprd to move my case further.

all best to all of u

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Everyone

CIC never asks for a renewed IELTS when as long as the IELTS stays on their hand and the delay is caused by them. they normally ask for PCC and PoF ( only for a few CHC's).

its like you guys knew that its the ghostly area and now youre afraid that there will be demons as well.

dadoki

Nov 22, 2009
Dear members,
I am grateful for your comments it gave me an insight about such cases.
Jalap,
Thank you for your detailed reply and my heartfelt wish to your success in your case.

I am puzzled how they keep passports and orginals that long? Is it only in Tokyo visa office where orginal documents and passports are held? Do you think the new minsterial instruction affects such cases?

Respectfully yours,

B

belize

Dear Dadoki,
Turst me its not only you we sent our passports in December 2010 and still waiting and every time we sent inquiry they just says waiting in que for assessment, last time we sent inquiry to directly to program manager email address, and they response is in que for assessment but if you need passport we can send you back and will request you again when we need. I dont what we should do ...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1. The pps will not be stamped until the Security Clearances r recd.
2. It also won't be if the meds haven't been 'seconded' by Ottawa.
3. Given that unusual delay - the culprit, most likely, is the Security Checks.
4. Meds+Pps request together is not the same as a PPR after meds.
5. In conjoined Meds+Pps - our b/ground checks aren't over [mostly].
6. While in a PPR after meds - our b/gchecks have been completed.
7. CHC-ND invariably asks for Meds+Pps together [Tokyo did the same in your case].
8. The yr-2009 was the only time when ND worked superfast to close such cases... not now.
9. Tokyo probably followed the same example/path.
10. This is not a cry-wolf situation -- Tokyo must have a rock-solid reason to keep the OP's case in abeyance.

Qorax

dadoki

Nov 22, 2009
Dear Qorax,
First of all, I would like to thank for your reply,
If i am not mistaken the instruction clearly indicates that
"If your application is approved, you will be asked to submit your passport to the Canadian visa office where you applied in order to receive your permanent resident visa."
ww.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-after.asp
It is also damn expensive to undertake medical examination (in my case it costed me nearly $4000)
If background check is not completed, why they asked for MEDS, If I should make another Med due to the delay, it will be even more costlier. I think no one will benefit from this.

dadoki

Nov 22, 2009
Thank you Belize for your encouraging words.
I believe there is time for everything, for our Visa too.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My passport also locked by CIC since last Oct 2010. I don;t know when I will get my passport back.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Canada needs more immigrants to fulfill its needs but voters in the last vote voted against accepting more immigrants. now you know, the cause of the delay.