+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The tag "Canadian experience".

qumbi

May 23, 2007
Hi!, The suggestion that the only way to speed up the permanent residency process is to have a job offer has a certain glitch to it. Most jobs, i think come with the tag "Canadian experience". So? Can someone tell me more about this 'Canadian experience' thing? Also if you have given an NOC Number for, lets say, an electrical engineer, or a Geologist, what's the point of it if finding a job initially, related to the specified occupation, is almpst impossible to come by? I mean, what's the significance of the NOC? QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS...anyone listening?, qumbi

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
The significance of the NOC is so CIC can determine if you're a qualified "skilled worker." They compare your experience and training to what might be expected from a specific NOC code. It makes it easier to evaluate.

There's no requirement that the NOC code on your application be the same as a job offer you receive.

Requiring canadian experience is going to exclude most foreign applicants - you're right. But that's the employer's choice.

qumbi

May 23, 2007
Hi there Thaiguy! Thanks for your response. I mean, if the benefits of your occupation and experience are not going to help Canada by way of employers offering you a related job, whats the point of assigning so much imporatnce to the NOC. At the most it can inform CiC about your present occupation...that's about all. qumbi

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Hey Qumbi,

I think, as you pointed out, it's an imperfect system. The government surveys the work environment to determine which jobs are most in need of filling, and then grants visas to those it sees as qualified. What you actually end up doing in Canada is beside the point - the government is trying to prime the pump with good candidates. It's up to businesses and employees to make the machine work.

tg