Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
hi all

can somebody clear my doubt on this surname issue

i applied for my passport after marriage. my surname is my husbands name in tha passport whereas all other documents contain my dad's name. my visa also contains the same thing as in the passport. tell me if i have to use the same in all other documents in canada or will they accept the name in other documents. if so what should i do . change the surname in passport or legally change my surname in gazette

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
srilatharajesh said:
hi all

can somebody clear my doubt on this surname issue

i applied for my passport after marriage. my surname is my husbands name in tha passport whereas all other documents contain my dad's name. my visa also contains the same thing as in the passport. tell me if i have to use the same in all other documents in canada or will they accept the name in other documents. if so what should i do . change the surname in passport or legally change my surname in gazette

What you did is the right thing.........every one do the same .........next you will be called with updated name and your educational doc. have no problem about it...........

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
hi

no i have not changed it in gazette. i am asking you what shud i do change name in pp or in gazette. what will happen if i change the surname in pp where i already got my stamping for canada with the surname(which i want to change) as all other docs carry only my father's name and not spouse name.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
srilatharajesh said:
hi

no i have not changed it in gazette. i am asking you what shud i do change name in pp or in gazette. what will happen if i change the surname in pp where i already got my stamping for canada with the surname(which i want to change) as all other docs carry only my father's name and not spouse name.
I c........now no need to change it and you have to carry on with this ........

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srilatharajesh said:
hi

If your visa already issued and received your COPR with your name as submitted in your application,which is exactly as per your passport, you cannot get it changed now. You don't have any problem to travel to Canada because your passport, visa and COPR are showing same name. Accordingly you will get your PR Card with same name as well as your SIN and health card. If you need to change the name again, you can do it in Canada submitting sufficient proof to support. But you have to face lot of impediments. At this stage I advice not to mess up with gazette publication and request for name change because re-issuance of your Canadian visa will not be possible with changed name.

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
hi wilson

I appreciate your immediate and clear response.

As you say i will not mess up as i have received my visa with the name same as in passport.

i am only bothered how my credentials will be evaluated if it is in some other name( ie surname )

pls advice if i can change it when i renew it in 2015 and then change it in all other records in canada.