+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The sure-fire way to speed up your application

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
and everyone else's application is to stop calling/emailing the IRCC.

I understand everyone's anxious about the application status, but it seems like most people calling the IRCC are getting answers that say little more than what you can learn from the online CIC account.

1. Figuring out whether you are on so-called "IP1" or "IP2" no longer matters, and neither does figuring out your VO, since there is nothing you can do to change that or speed up your application.
2. Learning about whether you passed the eligibility, criminality, or security checks don't help either because no one knows how long it will actually take for the next step of the process to be finished.

I know there are many applicants writing or watching this forum, and the general atmosphere of uneasiness is prompting more people to call or e-mail the IRCC, but it's not helping your case at best and dragging other people's cases down at worst.
I suspect the IRCC has to put more people on handling the surge of calls and e-mails instead of handling applications, but we can actually help ourselves and others by not calling the IRCC.

Please leave calls/emails for people who really have serious concerns about their applications.

Thanks for reading, and good luck to us all.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
CIC Customer support is not involved in the processing of PR applications.

There is no connection between calling customer service and processing time

Reactions: Joeshu

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
CIC Customer support is not involved in the processing of PR applications.

There is no connection between calling customer service and processing time
Really?

I actually did not know that.
Thanks for the info.
If it's true, then this puts my mind at ease a little bit.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Customer support is not, but a visa officer must review each and every GCMS request. So don't request those unless you really need them.