+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Passport Applicaton.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
The application asks for 2 references and a Guarantor.

Since I would be applying as a single applicant, do I need a guarantor?

And...can a guarantor be a relative (like my wife), since the references can not be a relative?

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
ERJOPA said:
The application asks for 2 references and a Guarantor.

Since I would be applying as a single applicant, do I need a guarantor?

And...can a guarantor be a relative (like my wife), since the references can not be a relative?
A family member or any individual residing at your address may be your guarantor provided he or she meets the specified requirements. If you are the parent or legal guardian applying for a passport for your child, you cannot act as guarantor. However, if he or she meets the eligibility criteria above, the other parent can act as the guarantor.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi i need help with some questions
Regarding the first time applying for canadian passport:

1- can i submit my HEALTH CARD AS PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION? OR

2 - Can I submit my passport ( from other country) but it was issued in toronto this time……( on the cic website it says :

the document of identification must
A - bla bla
b - bla bla
c - be issued by a federal, provincial /territorial/state government aurhotity or equivalent abroad, and be valid

but my foreign passport was issued in toronto ( in the consulate)….will it work? or can i use my health card as an option?

on the section gather all the document says:

- proof of canadian citizenship
- 2 photos
- document to support your ID
- any VALID CANADIAN TRAVEL DOC issued in your name…..( i dont understand this part, i dont have any canadian doc issued in my name )!!!!!!

please let me know I'm lost here

thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
amazing21 said:

1- can i submit my HEALTH CARD AS PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION? OR - Yes. That's one of the IDs I used.

2 - Can I submit my passport ( from other country) but it was issued in toronto this time......( on the cic website it says : - Yes, the Consulate is a gov't authority for your home country. Or use your provincial ID or driver's license.

A - bla bla
b - bla bla
c - be issued by a federal, provincial /territorial/state government aurhotity or equivalent abroad, and be valid

but my foreign passport was issued in toronto ( in the consulate)....will it work? or can i use my health card as an option?

- 2 photos
- any VALID CANADIAN TRAVEL DOC issued in your name.....( i dont understand this part, i dont have any canadian doc issued in my name )!!!!!! then write 'N/A' or 'not applicable' next to the check box. It applies to people who have had a Canadian passport or refugee travel document or permanent resident travel document before.

thanks

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:

2 - Can I submit my passport ( from other country) but it was issued in toronto this time......( on the cic website it says :

A - bla bla
b - bla bla

but my foreign passport was issued in toronto ( in the consulate)....will it work? or can i use my health card as an option?

- 2 photos
- any VALID CANADIAN TRAVEL DOC issued in your name.....( i dont understand this part, i dont have any canadian doc issued in my name )!!!!!!

thanks
- proof of canadian citizenship - Your original citizenship certificate given to you during the ceremony. It will be returned to you with your passport
- 2 photos - Read the instructions carefully and make sure the guarantor signs the back of one photo
- document to support your ID - Submit OHIP card/or drive license
- any VALID CANADIAN TRAVEL DOC issued in your name.....( i dont understand this part, i dont have any canadian doc issued in my name )!!!!!! Write NA in the form

cheers and congrats on becoming Canadian!

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
amazing21 said:

2 - Can I submit my passport ( from other country) but it was issued in toronto this time......( on the cic website it says :

A - bla bla
b - bla bla

- 2 photos
- any VALID CANADIAN TRAVEL DOC issued in your name.....( i dont understand this part, i dont have any canadian doc issued in my name )!!!!!!

thanks
Both your OHIP and your foreign passport (even made in a consulate in Toronto) will be accepted

You're good then...