+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Package was Sent Back!!

Twiga

Feb 14, 2012
My wife sent the package to Los Angeles but they sent it back because she forgot to include the kids' Student Permit Applications. She went online but the form requires the name of the school where the kids will be attending, occupation, etc. Please I need your help from the following questions:-
1. Have anyone applied a Study Permit for children between age 7 and 15?
2. Which form did you fill? Or how did you do it?
3. What information did you include or exclude?
4. Can you tell me what child's information is needed under "Details of Intended Study in Canada" on "Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada" Form on the second page of the application?
5. Do children have a different Study Permit Application Form?
Please, I need your help on this matter.

Thank you

H

HBK

HI,
For minor student i think you will require to fill custodian declaration.(IMM 5646)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/custodian-parent.pdf
did u fill it?

Dont know exactly. Call to PMM and Scylla (vip forum member), they will guide you better.

Twiga

Feb 14, 2012
Thanks for your quick reply, on the package there was a note from a VO stating that Study Permit Application for children were missing, and there was no further explanation.

H

HBK

Twiga said:
Thanks for your quick reply, on the package there was a note from a VO stating that Study Permit Application for children were missing, and there was no further explanation.
HI,
Yes for minor children custodian declration form requires along with study permit application.

google it. IMM 5646

Twiga

Feb 14, 2012
Ashok,

I have no problem with form IMM 5646 but question is on the following topic:

1. Can you tell me what child's information is needed under "Details of Intended Study in Canada" also under "Employment History"
2. Do children have a different Study Permit Application Form?

Whe you fill the form without completing these two areas, you can not validate the form in order to print it out.

Please senior members, can you help me on this matter, please.

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
I assume that your both children will be traveling with you (Both of the parents) to Canada on study permit.

You can contact the school in the area where you intend to live while studying in Canada and use the information of that school under the intended study in Canada section.

For employment history section, I believe your both kids are already studying. So just enter the dates from when they started any schooling and the relevant information.

If children will be traveling with only one parent, you will need to provide permission from other parent allowing the children to travel with one parent.

You need to submit the form IMM5646 only if the children will be traveling alone and staying with someone else in Canada.