n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
WE WON!!! ;D

After 2 years and a week of hell, they finally listened. Our appeal was allowed and the file is going back to Buffalo for reprocessing. The whole thing was surreal, actually. The "Court" was a little conference room where one panel member and Minister's counsel met with Rob. I was asked to leave the room initially and Rob spent about 45 minutes with them, going over the case, answering questions, etc. Then he came and got me and I had to swear to tell the truth. The panel member asked me questions about Rob and I, then Minister's counsel asked me questions about my son - and then the panel member rendered his decision to allow the appeal.

Anyway - I want to personally thank all of you who have stuck with us through the past couple of years and who sent good wishes and prayers in our direction today . Hopefully the final chapter of this saga (reprocessing) will be written quickly and uneventfully, and we can finally start building the life we always dreamt we'd have together.

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
RobsLuv said:
WE WON!!! ;D

After 2 years and a week of hell, they finally listened. Our appeal was allowed and the file is going back to Buffalo for reprocessing. The whole thing was surreal, actually. The "Court" was a little conference room where one panel member and Minister's counsel met with Rob. I was asked to leave the room initially and Rob spent about 45 minutes with them, going over the case, answering questions, etc. Then he came and got me and I had to swear to tell the truth. The panel member asked me questions about Rob and I, then Minister's counsel asked me questions about my son - and then the panel member rendered his decision to allow the appeal.

Anyway - I want to personally thank all of you who have stuck with us through the past couple of years and who sent good wishes and prayers in our direction today . Hopefully the final chapter of this saga (reprocessing) will be written quickly and uneventfully, and we can finally start building the life we always dreamt we'd have together.

I was thinking of you all day, wishing that you would come and tell us how was it. :D

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Woo Hoooo !!!!!!!!!!

:D

I am SO happy for you Robsluv - finally you got the justice you deserved all along.

I will be celebrating with you tonight !!!

< does a happy dance >

Congratulations - well deserved!

;D

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
RobsLuv said:
WE WON!!! ;D

OMG!!!! The most sincere congratulations! Woot! Woot! That is AWESOME NEWS!! Best of luck with the appeal/reprocessing - you guys just have to win!

mrsmissingmr

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8
AOR Received.
SponsAppr Jan28, PRInProcess Feb09
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
November 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 01
VISA ISSUED...
23 March 2010
Warmest Congratulations :D
I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful future together.
You give us newbies strength to keep the fight to be permanently united,
even if the news isn't good the first time around.

Thank you for sharing your story here.

gypsygirl

Sep 12, 2009
All my best wishes are going out to you. I cannot even imagine what you have gone through. A few months of this process is enough torture as it is much less 2 years. Wishing you the happiest life together and good luck with the re-processing. ;)

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohhh, RobsLuv- Congratulations!! That is AMAZING news.... I am so happy for you and your family. It's been a heck of a journey for you, and you deserve this so much! I hope for a VERY speedy processing in Buffalo!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05

durianfruit604

Star Member
Jan 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
A BIg congrats to you Robsluv. I have seen you help so many others with their issues on this forum and i see that you are a great person. I am genuinely happy for you and your spouse. I hope that you both re-unite real soon. Good luck with your case. Like I said before good things will happen for good people such as yourself. what goes around comes around...

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Robslove:

You won one for the little guys. Good on ya, mate.

Did you use a lawyer for the appeal? If not, how did you prepare for the appeal? In hindsight, would you recommend using a lawyer?

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009