03-04-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
Tkhurmi said:
Hi, I have couple of question if you can help me answering it!

1. what is employment verification letter? is it also called job letter that has mentioned job duties and salary stuff on it?

2. what documents do i & my employer needs in order to apply for closed work permit?

can i apply for closed work permit if i have 2 months left to expiring my current open work permit ? (i mean to say my open work

permit is going to expire in june,2017. can i apply for closed work permit in april,2017?
1. Employment verification letter is simply confirms that you are currently working actively with your company and the issued date on it.

2. The list of the documents you can find in this topic, the employer needs to submit the job offer in the employer portal and pay the LMIA exempt fee then give you the receipt with the employment number.

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
twarpdev said:
2. The list of the documents you can find in this topic, the employer needs to submit the job offer in the employer portal and pay the LMIA exempt fee then give you the receipt with the employment number.
here the link for the employer:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/employer-portal.asp

ROOOOOney

Apr 21, 2017
twarpdev said:
1. Employment verification letter is simply confirms that you are currently working actively with your company and the issued date on it.

Hello,

Based on what I read on CIC, your closed work permit was given by an employer participating in IMP(International Mobility Program), correct?

Sid1234

Oct 13, 2014
Can CBSA agent issue a work permit with:
1. OINP Ontario PNP valid until June 11, 2017
2. Job offer letter from my Canadian employer with two years commitment/contract.
3. Work permit application forms.

I am an Indian Citizen. I do not have Canada Visa. Can I enter Canada from Peace Bridge, NY, USA and apply for a work permit with above documents?

May 13, 2017
guys i need your help
My Current open work permit is expiring on 15 sep 2017 .
i have nomination from ontario which is restricted expiring nov 2017
i have AOR for my paper based PR ,
can i apply for open work permit or closed work permit ?
please help guys
are u guys on watsaap , please add me

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi everyone, can you please help me here? My wife is in a similar situation. Her OINP under International Student with Job Offer stream is under assessment now and we hope that she'll get her nominee no later than end of July as per the province's latest timelines.

She is currently on a PGWP that expires end of September so she will have about 2 months from the time her nominee comes out till her visa expires.

In our case, what do you think it's the best option for us assuming that she gets her nominee end of July for her not to loose status and be able to continue working until her PR is issued.

Thank you

AlexisOleksii

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi dear forum users,

My question is about extension of my OINP Closed Work Permit.

Here are my details:

WP issued: for a year.
WP expires: middle of November 2020.
PR application is in progress: ~50%.
PR deadline: January 2021
Background check which allows me to apply for bridging WP has not started yet.

Here is my issue:

I do not know how to continue to work in Canada IF I will not be able to apply for Bridging Work Permit WHEN my ongoing OINP Closed Work Permit will expire.

Please advise on solution!

Thank you.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi dear forum users,

My question is about extension of my OINP Closed Work Permit.

Here are my details:

WP issued: for a year.
WP expires: middle of November 2020.
PR application is in progress: ~50%.
PR deadline: January 2021
Background check which allows me to apply for bridging WP has not started yet.

Here is my issue:

I do not know how to continue to work in Canada IF I will not be able to apply for Bridging Work Permit WHEN my ongoing OINP Closed Work Permit will expire.

Please advise on solution!

Thank you.
I'm quite sure in this case your PR AOR can be used to renew your WP since your nominee is older than 6 months

AlexisOleksii

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I'm quite sure in this case your PR AOR can be used to renew your WP since your nominee is older than 6 months
Hi fabianonetto,

It is true, that my Certificate of Nominee has expired already, however I'm not able to apply for Bridging Work Permit because my OINP Closed Work Permit is restricted to the Employer. May be there is the way to extend this WP?

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
You're not going to apply for a bridge, you are going to apply to extend your existing WP (or new WP). Log in to your account and start the request for a new Visa, answer the questions accordingly and it will drive you right to your case. I don't remember the details but that's how we got my wife's back in the day. She was under an PGWP and was requesting the Closed WP and all went well.