Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
Money is important factor but I know many people that were accepted with wage of 10-13$/h.

There are many factors and the most important are: Income, Family, Your Status (single/married), English proficiency, Work Experience, Criminal Background.

Most common refusals are:
1) lack of experience;
2) missing documents or not properly filled application;

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greekhero said:
Googled, it really dosen't matter, if you can earn more than 80,000+ I guess they don't care about the NOC at all. Money talks....

Let's say the worst case senario, if you get rejected due to the title thing. You can always apply the express entry starting Januray 1st 2015. They don't require NOC in Express entry, candidates in the pool will be ranked according to education, IELTS, (annual income I guess), bascially the matrix that can indicate if you can be sucessful in Canada. So annual income got be one of the indicate. So don't worry too much man, you will be fine one way or another if you have a good job here. 8)

really? it is good news, if they don't care NOC, the NOC is really a headache, so many people struggle with it, if right, if match , tons of time on it . I hate it . the NOC can't be right or accurate at all .

I dare to say lots of cases can match multi NOCs .

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
I disagree. VO checks eligibility of applicants within the confines of Canada immigration laws and program requirements.

CEC is a pass/fail system. You either meet all requirements, pass and get PR, or you don't and get rejection. It's not a selection process where the best applicants gets PR. One applicants profile should not affect other applicants' chance of PR (apart from where they are in the queue)

Pay requirements are stated as part of eligibility so unreasonably low pay is a valid ground for rejection. (I believe this is done so to protect domestic workers and prevent frauds)

As long as pay is above the minimum reasonable range, CIC shall see applicants the same regardless of their pay. One earns $200/hr shouldn't be flavored over another applicant earns just over the reasonable limit in such regard.

Although as EE starts in 2015, they CAN and they WILL flavor people with better pay and better/more stable job, as they are more likely to benefit the Canadian economy. EE is a selection process so CIC is entitled to that.
+ 1 for this! Excellent comparison about CEC vs EE...

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
I disagree. VO checks eligibility of applicants within the confines of Canada immigration laws and program requirements.

CEC is a pass/fail system. You either meet all requirements, pass and get PR, or you don't and get rejection. It's not a selection process where the best applicants gets PR. One applicants profile should not affect other applicants' chance of PR (apart from where they are in the queue)

Pay requirements are stated as part of eligibility so unreasonably low pay is a valid ground for rejection. (I believe this is done so to protect domestic workers and prevent frauds)

As long as pay is above the minimum reasonable range, CIC shall see applicants the same regardless of their pay. One earns $200/hr shouldn't be flavored over another applicant earns just over the reasonable limit in such regard.

Although as EE starts in 2015, they CAN and they WILL flavor people with better pay and better/more stable job, as they are more likely to benefit the Canadian economy. EE is a selection process so CIC is entitled to that.

if so , I think I will apply EE to down the CEC risk . because I am always worry my CEC NOC code, because I have a dozen different title in my job offer, work permit and my wok permit lawyer make it mess too.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yixiaop26 said:
the doc won't return by default , the reason they give is in case any law suite happened in future.

but it doesn't mean it can't be returned. you can ask for it by some ways .
You are contradicting yourself in here. The VOs won't return those documents, even if you inquired about them. All the original documents that applicants submitted typically are not one time wonder documents where you will be in trouble if you don't have them back. These original documents usually can be regenerated, even though some of them are harder than others (e.g. Police Certificate).

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
More to the point: I think CIC is admitting the current first-come-first-serve queue up system is broken because it attracts lots of people who barely makes enough survive in Canada and people with great prospect who wants to stay got rip off by that. (remember CEC is based on previous Canadian experiences only, not current / ongoing work. One can get PR who worked in Canada but out of work for years)

Canada government wants to directly hand pick people who will benefit the economy, not assuming someone will do good for Canada just because they have lived here before.

From their standpoint, this makes sense to me. Canada gov't & CIC works for Canadians, not people who want to come to Canada.

Btw, I believe EE will focus on people's occupation (NOC code) more than how much they make. They have said EE allows them to attract people of high economic demand.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
retwant said:
You are contradicting yourself in here. The VOs won't return those documents, even if you inquired about them. All the original documents that applicants submitted typically are not one time wonder documents where you will be in trouble if you don't have them back. These original documents usually can be regenerated, even though some of them are harder than others (e.g. Police Certificate).

but I do read these case , they get file back through court . it is not easy, simple query no one care it . zero pressure for them.

their reason is that worry you sue them . so I think maybe you tell them you give up any sue , it can be returned.

after all , all these doc cost not little . if you need fly home country it will be more. or it need time to prepare all the doc again. but time is critical for you.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greekhero said:
Googled, it really dosen't matter, if you can earn more than 80,000+ I guess they don't care about the NOC at all. Money talks....

Let's say the worst case senario, if you get rejected due to the title thing. You can always apply the express entry starting Januray 1st 2015. They don't require NOC in Express entry, candidates in the pool will be ranked according to education, IELTS, (annual income I guess), bascially the matrix that can indicate if you can be sucessful in Canada. So annual income got be one of the indicate. So don't worry too much man, you will be fine one way or another if you have a good job here. 8)
Even though NOC may not be quite on point, it is actually very important in classifying your job and industry. In EE, they will filter the candidates that will perform the best in that NOC code, and match it to the demand of the economy. Theoritically, the underperforming & just average candidates are the most at the disadvantage here. But since the VOs are directly handpicking those who will benefit the economy, without disclosing the method & process, that means they are holding all the cards of applicants' fate.

Meanwhile, in CEC, we know that if we have passed everything, that means for sure we will get our PR within certain time frame. Following Bell Curve distribution & other statistics from other applicants, we can somewhat forecast when we would get our MR, RPRF, PPR, PR card, etc. It is almost impossible to do so with EE: could be 3 months or even 3 years or never. All within VOs undisclosed decision.

Maybe we will know better when EE has started and more candidates have provided more feedbacks...

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yixiaop26 said:
but I do read these case , they get file back through court . it is not easy, simple query no one care it . zero pressure for them.

their reason is that worry you sue them . so I think maybe you tell them you give up any sue , it can be returned.

after all , all these doc cost not little . if you need fly home country it will be more. or it need time to prepare all the doc again. but time is critical for you.
Can you send us the link for such cases then? That's quite interesting. Could be a very special case that happens once in a blue moon...

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
retwant said:
Even though NOC may not be quite on point, it is actually very important in classifying your job and industry. In EE, they will filter the candidates that will perform the best in that NOC code, and match it to the demand of the economy. Theoritically, the underperforming & just average candidates are the most at the disadvantage here. But since the VOs are directly handpicking those who will benefit the economy, without disclosing the method & process, that they are holding all the cards of applicants' fate.

Meanwhile, in CEC, we know that if we have passed everything, that means for sure we will get our PR within certain time frame. Following Bell Curve distribution & other statistics from other applicants, we can somewhat forecast when we would get our MR, RPRF, PPR, PR card, etc. It is almost impossible to do so with EE: could be 3 months or even 3 years or never. All within VOs undisclosed decision.

Maybe we will know better when EE has started and more candidates have provided more feedbacks...
+1. It is our job to get the NOC code right for VO. Even more, HRSDC is a government source of information that we can use.

Tho (I forgot where the source is) I'm pretty sure EOI profile will be in the system for 1 year before they are rejected. So at worst we are stuck in the system for 1 year. Once granted invitation to apply, the time frame of each step should be relatively predictable (like now) once there are successful applicants. CIC promised it'll be shorter than now (13 months for CEC correct?).

As many have said, the unpredictable part is the non-transparent EOI selection process that holds every EE applicants' fate on hand.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
retwant said:
+ 1 for this! Excellent comparison about CEC vs EE...
FYI, this +1 means I agree with your post and provide you +1 good feedback rating.