+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Canadian Experience Class: Why Applications Get Refused

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/11/canadian-experience-class-applications-refused-11

Reason For Refusal: Documents Don’t Match Precisely
In order to complete an application under the Canadian Experience Class, a candidate must submit a number of supporting documents. These include documents relating to his or her work experience, such as a resume (CV), work reference letters from previous and current employers, taxation documents, and a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (if applicable).
What some candidates have experienced, regrettably, is that their applications have been refused as a result of these documents not matching thoroughly and precisely. In recent times, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has been increasingly willing to reject an application in which the candidate’s work-related documents do not match up with each other. For example, his or her work reference letters might not give a description of duties that correlates with the job description set by CIC on the given National Occupational Classification (NOC) code and/or the LMIA that was issued for the candidate to work in Canada in the first place. Whereas some leeway may have been given in the past, recent months and years have seen a far more thorough assessment of whether the candidate can prove that his or her work experience in Canada is exactly the same as which duties he or she was supposed to be performing in his or her role.

Reason For Refusal: NOC code discrepancies
When a candidate makes an application under the Canadian Experience Class, he or she is required to present CIC with a NOC code for each skilled occupation that he or she has held in his or her career. The NOC code gives a list of duties that are deemed typical for somebody working in the given position.
What sometimes happens, however, is that a candidate who originally moved to Canada having been issued with a positive LMIA with a particular NOC code (for example, NOC 2173 — Software engineer and designer) ended up working in a role more in line with similar set of duties, but which more accurately reflects the list of duties of another NOC code (for example NOC 2174 — Computer programmer and interactive media developer). This discrepancy can result in refusal.

hope it helps for us

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like 2174 is a trouble area now , too many 2174 lead to they check more seriously .

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The current FSWP has a list of eligible occupations deemed in demand in Canada, with 47 of the original 50 occupations remaining open, according to the most recent information provided by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Under Express Entry, an eligible occupations list is not scheduled to be a factor under the FSWP. Consequently, individuals who are eligible for the current FSWP and who have at least one year of work experience in the last 10 years in an eligible occupation that has not yet capped out should apply for Canadian permanent residence before December 31, 2014. Each occupation has a cap of 1,000 applications accepted for assessment by CIC.
At the time of writing, the occupations that have capped out are:
Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112)
Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
Computer programmer and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)

although FSWP shouldn't affect CEC, but when certain occupation have too many applications, they will be more serious, can I understand it in this way?

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
At any point they will think that you are not eligible, there is no rule.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeddyXYZ said:

yes, I think so , they just want refuse you, a person can do 2173 , in most of time , he can do very well in 2174 too . even he/she get approval for one year 2173 work experience , probably, he/she will do 2174 later probably. In my opinion, it really just waste time.

greekhero

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think it's also about how much you make falls in the reasonable range for that job category. IMO the more you made the less they will reject you as you are a good tax generator. They won't stuip enough say no to those ppl can contribute govenment's revenue. And you will be more safe if you have a reputable employer say one of the fortune 500..

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeddyXYZ said:
Agree with that! It is our own responsibility to show them otherwise and provide the necessary documents. If you make it easy on them to approve you, then you should have it smoother as well. Help them to help you...

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greekhero said:
I think it's also about how much you make falls in the reasonable range for that job category. IMO the more you made the less they will reject you as you are a good tax generator. They won't stuip enough say no to those ppl can contribute govenment's revenue. And you will be more safe if you have a reputable employer say one of the fortune 500..
I really hope VO think in this way too . really really.

or else, I am sure they can be picky and find a dozen failure cases. but the CEC pass rate actually is downing year over year. so I also worry, maybe "be picky" is their guide.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greekhero said:

is a lawyer tell you this, or just your opinion ?

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yixiaop26 said:
I really hope VO think in this way too . really really.

or else, I am sure they can be picky and find a dozen failure cases. but the CEC pass rate actually is downing year over year. so I also worry, maybe "be picky" is their guide.
VOs responsibilities are to filter and choose the candidates that are deserving to be given the PR status. Wrong selections mean burden to the economy & tax dollars, higher criminal rates, and many other negative factors. Since their decisions are not that easy, when PR candidates provided incomplete documents as well as unmatching NOC codes, it might be much safer to fail them than giving them the pass. Not to mention, they also have deadlines, crazy amount of administration work, etc. I don't think their jobs are easy at all.

That's why if we want smooth application, it is our own responsibility to make their job easier. Win-win situation...

greekhero

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
is a lawyer tell you this, or just your opinion ?
Just my opinion, as I know a case get rejected because the pay was not in the reasonable range. So vise versa.,. i guess

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
^ I agree. There are cases that I've read where the VO is questioning the salary and if the T4/NOA and the Certificate of employment have discrepancies. Also, the VO checks if the salary is commensurate with the experience and position.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Octanu said:
Do people get refused after the RPRF request?
One can be refused even while landing. Not until you successfully land/give the interview and the officers say the magic word 'Congratulations, you are now a PR!', PR can be refused.