Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Having said the above, the following must be a typo. By pre-tracker era, you clearly meant to write June 2015 there (quoted below), and I can agree with you then :).

What confused me, was that the post was actually written in June 2017 and not June 2015. Anyway, I don't wish to delve deeper into it; I have no intent to disprove your statements. Pardon me for my captious nature ;).

Being a noob in matters of law, I have no business locking horns with a reputed lawyer in matters of jurisprudence. By the way, you were right about fact and law being two different things (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_of_law).

I'm relieved that you didn't take my posts (read as: difference in opinion) personally. For a moment, I felt that I managed to irk one of the most helpful members of this forum ;). However, I have begun to take your posts with a pinch of salt, too :D.

Mate you add some fun to the generally dry and tense mode here. You have not irked me at all. I take it all in the stride, and a criticism, disagreement is always welcome. I am not Mr. know all, have my flaws and constantly strive to improve my knowledge.

Keep the humor running, it keeps the IRCC gods happy!

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Some applicants have reported that IRCC has started retracting security, but I don't think that is correct. If you do not have "security screening" in your sub activities in GCMS notes, you are all good.

To read what is s15 see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/
Dear Legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot for your positive reply and encouraging comments.

But I would like to know that is it true even sometimes Normal Routine Background Checks can also take more then 6-months?

Because in my case my background checks were almost started in April 2017. Now already 10-months are completed in background checks?

Whenever I send them an email/CSE they simply say "Your file is undergoing necessary background checks"

What do you think that before expiring of my Medical whether I shall hear from the good news of PPR?

Could you please provide your positive answer/feedback in this regard and What is your advise? what should I do?

Again thanks for this volunteer work and keep it going.

Regards.

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Some applicants have reported that IRCC has started retracting security, but I don't think that is correct. If you do not have "security screening" in your sub activities in GCMS notes, you are all good.

To read what is s15 see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

I have top three sub-activities redacted in my Activities section. Also, in Admissibility, security is redacted with s15(1) written on it. I am on ip2 since last five and a half months. Does imply being under Security Screening?

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
@legalfalcon thanks for ur advice last time u gave me,

My work permit approved,finally after 6 months by gods grace..

Aug 14 applied,

Aug 19 accepted

Nivember 17 medicals,

November 20 submitted,

Ppr request feb 2018

Total 170 days.

Cheers

Reactions: jhoalain and mpsqra

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
I have top three sub-activities redacted in my Activities section. Also, in Admissibility, security is redacted with s15(1) written on it. I am on ip2 since last five and a half months. Does imply being under Security Screening?
I think you are in the same situation as I am.
You will have total four activities which have something retracted.
One activity will be with word of "Security" mentioned in it.
And other three will be without any information as under:-

ACTIVITY:1 (With Word Security Written)

Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
UCl: 12345678
Name: ABC, DEF GFHI
Sub-ActivityIActivity Type: Security
Field Name: Status
New Value:[Retracted under s15(1)]
Office: London
===================================================================
ACTIVITY:2,3,4 [(three activities like this without word Security Written, and everything retracted under s15(1)]
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:

Is it like this in your GCMS notes as well? Because I have this scenario and when I discussed with Legalfalcon, he mentioned that as far as you don't have wordings of Security Screening, it means you are not in Security Screening.

But still I think what, they are retracting under these three activities, is something related to Security (Even though normal security checks).
OR
Maybe it is normal routine background checks, but taking longer time for some applicants due to unkown reasons?

But only question is that even if someone is not in Security Screening, still it can take more then six months for Routine Background Checks?

This is the question I have requested Legalfalcon, if he has some information regarding it.

Because we are stuck in IP2 for past several months. For me it has completed around 10-months. Although, I am in FSWP2014 but still process of "Background/Security Checks" remains same for both whether it is Express Entry of Paper Based, after ELIGIBILIITY, CRIMINALITY, MEDICAL, IS DECLARED AS PASSED BY LONDON VISA OFFICE AND CIO AND INFO SHARING IS COMPLETED WITH NRT.

This is my understanding which might be wrong.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot for your positive reply and encouraging comments.

But I would like to know that is it true even sometimes Normal Routine Background Checks can also take more then 6-months?

Because in my case my background checks were almost started in April 2017. Now already 10-months are completed in background checks?

Whenever I send them an email/CSE they simply say "Your file is undergoing necessary background checks"

What do you think that before expiring of my Medical whether I shall hear from the good news of PPR?

Could you please provide your positive answer/feedback in this regard and What is your advise? what should I do?

Again thanks for this volunteer work and keep it going.

Regards.
YEs, usually happens when the information sought is delayed of not provided by the foreign country, even if the security screening is not initiated.

This is a generic reply. Nothing much to read, here. Also, if your get PPR before medicals, I cannot predict. Hopefully yes. If your medicals expire, either IRCC will renew them or ask you to provide new medicals. You can also request for renewing your medicals when it gets closer to expiry date.

There is nothing much you can do. If you would be interested in seeing what is happening your can order GCMS notes, that will tell you if other things are cleared, or order CBSA, which tells if security is done or not.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If you do not see "security screening" under sub activities then you are not. But to confirm, you will need CBSA notes.

Reactions: Mtunguyas

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks for ur advice last time u gave me,

My work permit approved,finally after 6 months by gods grace..

Aug 14 applied,

Aug 19 accepted

Nivember 17 medicals,

November 20 submitted,

Ppr request feb 2018

Total 170 days.

Cheers
Congratulations!! all the best for the journey ahead!

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
YEs, usually happens when the information sought is delayed of not provided by the foreign country, even if the security screening is not initiated.

This is a generic reply. Nothing much to read, here. Also, if your get PPR before medicals, I cannot predict. Hopefully yes. If your medicals expire, either IRCC will renew them or ask you to provide new medicals. You can also request for renewing your medicals when it gets closer to expiry date.

There is nothing much you can do. If you would be interested in seeing what is happening your can order GCMS notes, that will tell you if other things are cleared, or order CBSA, which tells if security is done or not.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Could you please tell, how to order CBSA notes?
I am living outside of Canada.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Could you please tell, how to order CBSA notes?
I am living outside of Canada.
The CBSA notes are ordered the same way as IRCC. However, the process is different is it needs a precise statement of what you re looking for from CBSA. You can order your CBSA notes from GET GCMS.

wawad

Oct 26, 2016
@legalfalcon, your help and guidance is very much appreciated.
Could you please tell me if I can ask my MP to order CBSA notes on behalf of myself? This is a spousal application and I believe my wife's application is stuck with CBSA. I applied back in September of 2016 and the last update I was able to obtain is that she passed the eligibility and the file is undergoing security screening. She's Sudanese living in Saudi Arabia.
Thanks again!

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

My notes do not say security screening. I ordered info from CSIS and they confirmed I am under security screening.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
My notes do not say security screening. I ordered info from CSIS and they confirmed I am under security screening.
How did your order the notes from CSIS?

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you are in the same situation as I am.
You will have total four activities which have something retracted.
One activity will be with word of "Security" mentioned in it.
And other three will be without any information as under:-

ACTIVITY:1 (With Word Security Written)

Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Sub-ActivityIActivity Type: Security
Field Name: Status
New Value:[Retracted under s15(1)]
Office: London
===================================================================
ACTIVITY:2,3,4 [(three activities like this without word Security Written, and everything retracted under s15(1)]
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:

Is it like this in your GCMS notes as well? Because I have this scenario and when I discussed with Legalfalcon, he mentioned that as far as you don't have wordings of Security Screening, it means you are not in Security Screening.

But still I think what, they are retracting under these three activities, is something related to Security (Even though normal security checks).
OR
Maybe it is normal routine background checks, but taking longer time for some applicants due to unkown reasons?

But only question is that even if someone is not in Security Screening, still it can take more then six months for Routine Background Checks?

This is the question I have requested Legalfalcon, if he has some information regarding it.

Because we are stuck in IP2 for past several months. For me it has completed around 10-months. Although, I am in FSWP2014 but still process of "Background/Security Checks" remains same for both whether it is Express Entry of Paper Based, after ELIGIBILIITY, CRIMINALITY, MEDICAL, IS DECLARED AS PASSED BY LONDON VISA OFFICE AND CIO AND INFO SHARING IS COMPLETED WITH NRT.

This is my understanding which might be wrong.
You are under security screening without a doubt. My notes are same as urs. They do not say SS. I ordered CSIS notes and they confirmed I am under security screening. You should order CSIS notes and ask them if they have completed your security screening. 2014-2018 is a long time. You should think about mandamus too.