+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

That’s all folks

scuba ken

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Seems like an eternity has passed since 2017
today I received my citizenship certificate back from the passport office.
it’s been a hell of a journey, stressful, anguish, troubling and mind numbingly slow process, thank you to all those on this group who have been very supportive through this whole process.
I even used my new passport to the uk and back again, it was a wonderful feeling of belonging and felt like I was a part of this great country., for those in process’, keep the faith, try to remain positive, use this great group and the wonderful experience and advice that people freely give.

‘thank you all so much, I have a debt to pass on , if I can help or offer any advice, please ask away.

thank you all, I wish you all a speedy and stress free process going forward.

scuba ken

Star Member
May 13, 2013
did you show your Canadian or UK passport at Heathrow, out of interest?!
Canadian.
I was a little nervous, I know it sounds silly, but I’ve been using the UK passport for 52 years, this was a big deal for me.
I got through quicker than ever before.

Reactions: Acorn450

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Canadian.
I was a little nervous, I know it sounds silly, but I’ve been using the UK passport for 52 years, this was a big deal for me.
I got through quicker than ever before.
Note that it seems the UK does not require citizens to enter using UK passports*, but many other countries do - just a warning for others.

*And please don't ask about UK overseas and other oddities and how right of abode works with this, I just don't know - ask the UK. Only mentioning because other countries can be picky.

Reactions: scuba ken

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Note that it seems the UK does not require citizens to enter using UK passports*, but many other countries do - just a warning for others.

*And please don't ask about UK overseas and other oddities and how right of abode works with this, I just don't know - ask the UK. Only mentioning because other countries can be picky.
Yeah this is a weird quirk in UK law. Fun fact - they allow residents from Commonwealth nations to vote in their elections even if they're not UK citizens.

But most countries don't allow you to enter if it's not their own passport. In fact, some like Iran don't recognize dual nationality so if you're remotely close to being Iranian and you try and enter with a different passport, you can get screwed