+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Thanks for your reply. As i have applied through a rep, and i have submiited my upfront medicals alongwith biometrics and rcmp in november, 2 months after my aor. But no updayes given by the rep as i assumed both have been passed.

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
If you claimed points for the job you have left, you should inform IRCC that you no longer work there. It will have no impact on the processing or your points, but IRCC should be aware that you no longer work there so that if any verifications are done, IRCC will be aware that you are no longer working for the employer.

You do not have to inform whom you work for now, but just the fact that you no longer work for the employer for which you claimed points. This is if you did not claim points for arranged employment.

Also, you can leave Canada at anytime. If you leave Canada and change your country of residence, inform IRCC and update your address, so that when your PPR is issued, it is sent with the correct instrumnctions.

If you are leaving Canada temporarily, then there is no need to inform IRCC or change your address.
Thank you @legalfalcon, I have one more question, do I need to provide my last day of work for the jobs I claimed points for? Or how exactly I should write it out to IRCC? I just want to make things clear for them.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon, I have one more question, do I need to provide my last day of work for the jobs I claimed points for? Or how exactly I should write it out to IRCC? I just want to make things clear for them.
Your applications locked the day you submit it and any changes post e-APR have no impact. So you do not have to file any documents or provide dates. Simple inform IRCC that effective [date] you have changed your employer and you no longer work for [previous Employer]

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hello Legal falcon

Any idea when ircc resume work for outland, specially for who waiting for MR.

I am PNP papper applicant.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello sir @legalfalcon, my friend has claimed points for his highest education which was post-graduation, and he is working after that in one company till now. but in between his employment, he pursued one semester of MBA and then dropped the idea.
However, he has never left his job and the company never let him off and the company has also given him letter stating that he is a regular employee from the beginning till now.
So, in his personal history which has no gaps he showed these past years as employed as per your post

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/goto/post?id=9106230

#12096(If you were still employed, and your company can attest to it, then yes. )

1. As his unfinished MBA has no impact on his CRS score, it is not misrep and he was a still employed as the company is attesting , so not mentioning unfinished education (because at the same time he is an employee of company) is misrep?
Not sure what your question is. Could you please rephrase?

Vv sam

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Not sure what your question is. Could you please rephrase?
ok @legalfalcon consider a person who is working in company A and in between his employment he persued an education just for 3-4 months and then left it unfinished, But he never left the company A (means his company gave him a unpaid study leave ).

As the study is unfinished and left off
in personal history its only mentioned that he was working for company A the full time So,
1. its represented correctly ? its not a misrep?

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
Hello again and thanks a lot for your usual help! @legalfalcon

Just want to clarify this point. As I understand, the validity of all documents such as IELTS, PCC, etc.. will remain valid regardless how longer it takes to process the application.

Lock in date is freeze information so that it does not change over time, regardless of how long processing takes. This is the date when you transmitted your application, and things such as your age, age of your children will not factor in even if they change no matter how longer the processing takes.

All documents, IELTS, PCCs etc. have to be valid as on the date your submit your application, and will remain valid irrespective of how longer it takes to process your application.
First question: Even if those documents got expired (like IELTS, PCCs, etc...), will they remain valid no matter how longer it takes to process the application?
Second question: Will they ask me, specifically at some point during the processing of my application, to retake the IELTS? Or that request doesn't happen?

Third question: The thing is, as per the below, it seems that if there has been an extraordinary time lapsed from which the documents were originally issued, they will reassess the eligibility, security, or criminality. So I am a bit confused between those two quotes (remains valid after locked-in regardless how long the processing time is vs. stages will be reassessed after an extraordinary time had passed). Could you please clarify this?

Technically IRCC can ask for any document again during the processing. However, if your eligibly, criminality, medicals and security have passed, then most likely you may only be asked to re-do the meds if they have expired, no other documents would be asked.

Once the stages are passed, they will remain that way unless IRCC detects significant change in circumstances, or there has been extraordinary time lapsed from when your documents were originally issued.
Fourth question: Frankly speaking, I am writing all of this because I am worried about how long will they take to finalize my application. Everything is passed and what's pending is the final decision. It's almost one year now since I submitted my outland FSW e-APR. I called IRCC last week and they told me that right now they don't have processing timelines for outland FSW applicants and no body is coming from outside Canada to become a PR nowadays. But he told me that everything in my file is passed and my application looks very good and positive.
What can you say about my situation? That waiting time, which I am not responsible to and is not related to some pending assessment in my application, can this waiting time make some assessments (security, eligibility, criminality) invalid and have to be reassessed again?

Last edited:

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon

I am Nov Aor and my BG status changed to "In progress" on Jan 21st.. Called IRCC on the same day and agent said eligibility is passed. You have mentioned in previous posts that agents always refer to the page 2 of GCMS. In that case, can I assume it as a conclusive pass or is it just a recommended pass?

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon
My Aor was in september, i am a fsw inland and PA alongwith my spouse, there are no updates yet on my case. Just curious that should i order gcms notes or no? Or wait for another few months to pass? Also my rcmp clearence has been asked and submitted, whereas as of my spouse not. Does nt my spouse need that check?
Thanks
Since you are inland you can request the status via Gcms Notes for free, best to do it 3 to 4 months post AOR. You may want to consider requesting the Gcms Notes via CBSA instead of IRCC, Why? https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Wanted to ask you about goods to follow list for the first landing.

If I mention items on goods to follow like,

Some items like- Laptop, precious jewellery and other items, I will not be carrying with me at time of landing. Can I carry it with me in person the next time I go to my home country and come back? Or does it have to be imported via cargo?

Regards,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ok @legalfalcon consider a person who is working in company A and in between his employment he persued an education just for 3-4 months and then left it unfinished, But he never left the company A (means his company gave him a unpaid study leave ).

As the study is unfinished and left off
in personal history its only mentioned that he was working for company A the full time So,
1. its represented correctly ? its not a misrep?
In personal history you should include both, work and education even if the education degree was not completed.

For this you may have 2 separate entries.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello again and thanks a lot for your usual help! @legalfalcon

Just want to clarify this point. As I understand, the validity of all documents such as IELTS, PCC, etc.. will remain valid regardless how longer it takes to process the application.

First question: Even if those documents got expired (like IELTS, PCCs, etc...), will they remain valid no matter how longer it takes to process the application?
Second question: Will they ask me, specifically at some point during the processing of my application, to retake the IELTS? Or that request doesn't happen?

Third question: The thing is, as per the below, it seems that if there has been an extraordinary time lapsed from which the documents were originally issued, they will reassess the eligibility, security, or criminality. So I am a bit confused between those two quotes (remains valid after locked-in regardless how long the processing time is vs. stages will be reassessed after an extraordinary time had passed). Could you please clarify this?

Fourth question: Frankly speaking, I am writing all of this because I am worried about how long will they take to finalize my application. Everything is passed and what's pending is the final decision. It's almost one year now since I submitted my outland FSW e-APR. I called IRCC last week and they told me that right now they don't have processing timelines for outland FSW applicants and no body is coming from outside Canada to become a PR nowadays. But he told me that everything in my file is passed and my application looks very good and positive.
What can you say about my situation? That waiting time, which I am not responsible to and is not related to some pending assessment in my application, can this waiting time make some assessments (security, eligibility, criminality) invalid and have to be reassessed again?

First: yes

Second: No, it is very rare for IRCC to ask for a new IELTS. It can happen, but very very rare.

Third: Stages such as criminality, info-sharing and security are based on your PCCs and biometrics shared with partner countries. Factually, an individual can commit a crime after he has obtained a clean PCC and info sharing did not turn out anything. This is why an individual even after his application is approved, has to answer whether he has committed any crime during the time when the application was approved and landing with a COPR. Similarly, if extraordinary time has lapsed and the application is still pending, IRCC can re-do the info sharing, and ask for new PCCs.

Usually for eligibility this is not be re-done as when IRCC has verified your employment, it cannot change.

Fourth: One year is very common and you need not worry. Many applicants have passed one year, as 8-9 months is the average for 2019, i..e pre-COVID.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

Reactions: xtremenet2021

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I am Nov Aor and my BG status changed to "In progress" on Jan 21st.. Called IRCC on the same day and agent said eligibility is passed. You have mentioned in previous posts that agents always refer to the page 2 of GCMS. In that case, can I assume it as a conclusive pass or is it just a recommended pass?
Even if an application is recommended passed, it may show "Passed" on page 2 of your GCMS notes. The only way to know is specifically asking or referring your GCMS notes.

See my previous post #4,004 for how the eligibility notes will look.

Another indicator is that after eligibility is conclusively passed, the security starts. To see how he notes would look when security starts and to read on security, how its done and the security screening manual
see https://bit.ly/3apWglN