Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I made a stupid mistake.

While I was submitting my online forms (AoR), misunderstood the question below and did not mention anyone from my family. After 13 days from AoR, IRCC asked for the Additional Family information form which was correctly filled and signed and uploaded to the system by myself. Based on GCMS notes, my eligibility is met at CPC-Ottawa. May my case considered as a misrepresentation? Or, I should not worry, as there is nothing about it in GCMS notes.

Please tell us about your immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.
• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see the information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list.
Since you did not send the complete information, that is why you were asked to submit the Additional Family information form again. You can send a webform and explain that you misunderstood the questions and this did not fill it correctly. No need to be concerned about.

rammani

Feb 3, 2021
@legalfalcon
AOR : 26 Nov
CEC Inland Applicant
MEP : Jan 6
I spoke to the IRCC agent today to know the status of my application. When he mentioned that my Eligibility is review required. When I asked him for more details he said that it states "Job Title does not match with NOC". He did confirm that the job duties I mentioned are fine in all the reference letters and the Case analysts left a comment only about Job title. My reference letters have all the information and correct Job duties as per the selected NOC for the respective employment. Please clarify if my understanding is right

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
@legalfalcon, I am in BC- Vancouver now on work permit, I landed here in 2020 Nov 2nd week and I have a valid work permit for next 3 years, I also have an active EE profile and valid ielts, can I now apply for BCPNP? Or I have to wait at least 1 year? Please advise!! My NOC is under Tech pilot program.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I am in BC- Vancouver now on work permit, I landed here in 2020 Nov 2nd week and I have a valid work permit for next 3 years, I also have an active EE profile and valid ielts, can I now apply for BCPNP? Or I have to wait at least 1 year? Please advise!! My NOC is under Tech pilot program.
You have to have a job offerfor a single job in one of the 29 occupations eligible under the BC PNP Tech Pilot

See https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/89bb462e-1e88-492a-bdac-9885be30e92d/BC-PNP-Tech-Pilot-FAQs.pdf.aspx

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
AOR : 26 Nov
CEC Inland Applicant
MEP : Jan 6
I spoke to the IRCC agent today to know the status of my application. When he mentioned that my Eligibility is review required. When I asked him for more details he said that it states "Job Title does not match with NOC". He did confirm that the job duties I mentioned are fine in all the reference letters and the Case analysts left a comment only about Job title. My reference letters have all the information and correct Job duties as per the selected NOC for the respective employment. Please clarify if my understanding is right
The job title has no significance as long as your job duties listed on the work reference letter substantially match the job duties for the NOC selected. Also, your job duties should match the NOC lead statement.

A RR by itself is only signifies that the officer has been requested to review before making a final determination.

Here is my old post on RR:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes I m already working in BC ON THAT JOB offer, listed in 29 occupations.....@legalfalcon
Then follow the instructions and make your profile under the category as listed. If you meet the criteria, you will be given a nomination.

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
You have to request them from IRCC. It is IRCC's health branch that has your medicals, not Health Canada or Public Health.
Hey @legalfalcon
I have received my CoPR and it's valid till 30th of March and my medical is also expiring on 30th of March. So, can I do My medical proactively as it might save time.

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
You only have to upload the biographical pages of your passport to IRCC and not to your nominating province, if it has already given you the nomination.

You can send the passport your self via webform, and if your representative has sent it, you can ask the rep for the acknowledgement or refer to your GCMS notes after a few weeks for the incoming correspondence.

You can also contact IRCC by phone or webform and enquire if your passport has been submitted.
What is the IRCC phone no for people in India thanks in advance

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
hi @legalfalcon

just wanted to ask if you think Canadian immigration will give priority to outland express entry application with family (citizens/pr) living in canada. In my understanding family reunification is an essential reason to travel to canada. If so, how do you you suggest I go about this? I’m an outland EE with aor Aug2019. It’s been 18 months. No progress in my applicaiton.

hope you can shed some light. Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon
I have received my CoPR and it's valid till 30th of March and my medical is also expiring on 30th of March. So, can I do My medical proactively as it might save time.
There is no harm in getting a new medical, but IRCC can extend it too. However, it is entirely your choice.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon

just wanted to ask if you think Canadian immigration will give priority to outland express entry application with family (citizens/pr) living in canada. In my understanding family reunification is an essential reason to travel to canada. If so, how do you you suggest I go about this? I’m an outland EE with aor Aug2019. It’s been 18 months. No progress in my applicaiton.

hope you can shed some light. Thank you.

If you fall under the family reunification exemption, you can apply for a temporary resident visa and travel. However, there has been no policy on PR application as such. Some applicants have successfully pleaded their case and got the COPRs and travelled on them, but it is on a case by case basis.

You can request, and if your application has been finalized, i.e. all stages have been passed, and you meet the family reunification exemption, IRCC may issue you a COPR, but again, it's discretionary.

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
If you fall under the family reunification exemption, you can apply for a temporary resident visa and travel. However, there has been no policy on PR application as such. Some applicants have successfully pleaded their case and got the COPRs and travelled on them, but it is on a case by case basis.

You can request, and if your application has been finalized, i.e. all stages have been passed, and you meet the family reunification exemption, IRCC may issue you a COPR, but again, it's discretionary.
Thanks for clarifying @legalfalcon. If I do travel to Canada with a temporary resident visa, Is it possible to wait for PPR there and do all the following steps from within canada. Essential, converting my case into an inland application?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for clarifying @legalfalcon. If I do travel to Canada with a temporary resident visa, Is it possible to wait for PPR there and do all the following steps from within canada. Essential, converting my case into an inland application?
There is no such thing as inland case or outland. This is just referred to whether the applicant is in Canada or outside Canada. Also, there is no processing different for inland and outland applicants.

Once you change your country of residence, you have to inform IRCC and this will determine what your visa office would be from where you will receive the PPR and submit your passport subsequently.