+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
hello legal falcon, my pof was over 5000CAD ON sunday night and when i wanted to submit two days ago and checked it was just over 1000 over the required sum for fam of 4. i keep checking and it keeps fluctuating, three to four rates in one day. i am now confused as to what to do

Last edited:

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon and all, Pls help!

I just read a post on forum saying that work experience while being a full time student isn't counted. It is shaking my head. As I graduated from a country out of Canada. I had my full time job in 9/2012 while graduation date was 11/2012. TheRe is a overlap between my study and work. Would my experience for that job be counted? If not, if the experience from 12/2012 till the date I quit that job count?

Thanks a lot.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

I received a letter of interest from Ontario, but since my FBI is still under process I couldn't accept it and now its on hold. When will the provincial window open for HCP ? Whenever it opens will I be elgibile for the letter of interest I received in the past?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

RM
FBI and ONIP are entirely two different process, you will need the FBI after your get the nomination, when you file your application post ITA. However, as of now the ONIP is closed, as soon as it opens up go ahead and file it.
I hope I got your question right and answered it. If not, please feel free to report and ask again.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello LegalFalcon,

I am on a PGWP in Canada. I got AOR for my Permanent Residence application to IRCC as Provincial Nominee (paper based). I'm going to submit my BOWP soon because my work permit will expire in 2 months. If my BOWP is not approved, can I restore my status as a worker (after my work permit expired)? If not, how can I stay in the country working if my BOWP was rejected and my work permit expired?
When you file your application, you will be on a deemed status until a decision is made on your application and you can continue working without any issues.

For BOWP, read:

Bridging Open Work Permit – Procedure, filling the application form and other aspects

This is a short guide for applicants applying for a BOWP. The manual to fill the application and the criteria therein is set forth in the manual available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp.

The first place to start is by verifying if you are eligible for applying for a BOWP. The eligibility criteria is as follows:

a) be currently in Canada;

b) have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;

c) be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC, or one of the two caregiver classes;

d) have completed one of the following APR stages:

I. their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or

II. they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;

e) have applied for an open work permit;

f) have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and

g) have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

Once an applicant is eligible to apply, he should then gather the necessary documents that have to be enclosed along with the BOWP application form.

1. Application from IMM 5710. (If using an authorized representative you will also need IMM 5476 & IMM 5475)

2. Proof of Payment

3. Photocopies of passport biographical page.

4. Photocopy of your current immigration document.

5. Photocopy of your marriage certificate if applicable.

6. A copy of your AOR for the EE E-APR

If you are a PNC applicant you will also need the following in addition to the above:

1. Letter from the provincial government that confirms the province has nominated you.

How to fill the form:

· Choose either “A work permit with same employer” and/or “A work permit with new employer”

· There is no need to indicate a specific employer since its an open work permit

· If you are a PNP applicant you will have to write your location as the same province that has nominated you as it will be one of your work permit conditions.

· Your occupation should closely relate to the NOC that you have mentioned in your EE profile.

· There is no need to give a LIMA number. Leave it Blank.

· Fill in the other details and make sure that your eligibility in the EE application has been met.

For an in-depth detail of the procedure read the Operation Bulletin 485 available at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Reactions: trueblue88

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

First of all thanks for your previous advises. I got ITA now.

Only i am applying and have non accompanying dependents. There is a question which asks "Is your first child included in this application"?

In the previous pages i have given the name and other details. I think i have to answer "No" to this question.

Please advise.

TIA
If your dependents are not accompanying you will have to answer "NO." However, you will still need to submit their PCC, and medicals. This is because if any of your family member is inadmissible because of criminality or medical, you will be inadmissible too. This is done so that you can later sponsor them.

Reactions: eugeneugen2525

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon, I have a question. I wrote an email to CIC on their ottawa email address to check where my application was being processed and the following day i got their reply saying that "Your application has been approved and a ready for visa letter with instructions will be sent shortly". Its been two days and i haven't heard back from CIC; no PPR or anything. Shall i call them and check with them on the status or what else do you suggest?
Congratulations!! The PPRs are sent in batches, so it may take a few days to get it, but you will get it soon. Make sure you check your spam especially if you use hotmail or yahoo,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
A follow up to a previous question on passport validity.
I have renewed my passport and will be updating IRCC with the same ASAP. Have there been cases where this has been done before? Any chances of a rejection?
Renewing a PP and updating is no ground for rejection.

Reactions: prais3jos3ph

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Firstly, thanks for the showing us this link - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/
It is pretty comprehensive.

I do have a few questions.

I have submitted by eAPR yesterday and have made the payment to IRCC. Received official receipt from them within 24 hours. I am currently using an agent to manage my application and they have forwarded me the receipt as well as application number for my tracking.

1. As I was given this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.194857517.142288795.1483088046 to check my application, after I keyed in my application number, it shows no records found yet. Will we have any idea how long when will something be reflected that my application have started processing?

This is no longer working. This was the way to track application pre 2015, but not your can only track your application online via MyCIC, or by ordering GCMS. Since you have an agent, you may not have access to MyCIC, as agents don't provide that. However, you can definitely, order GCMS on your own without an agent, and you should to track the application.

You can read my post on GCMS here - http://bit.ly/2begfbS

2. After all the necessary checks have been done, COPR and Passport chopped reading for 1st landing - will the 1st landing be 1 year from the time my medical check up was done (In July) or 1 year from the time IRCC states medical passed (which is probably any date from now). Need to get this part clear as there is a couple of weeks/months difference between these 2.

When your application is approved you will be given a visa (if you are not from a visa exempt country). You will have to land before the date in the visa or before your medicals expire (1 year from the date they were generated), which ever is earlier.

3. 1st Landing - My agent took my info that I will be landing in Toronto. But if for any reasons, I would like to land in Vancouver, any impact/issues when I do my 1st land?

You can land anywhere in Canada, that is not an issue at all.

Thanks for your advise.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon
I'm going to submit Schedule A in my e-APR as I used to be denied US Student Visa 9yrs ago.
I'm quite confusing on answer these 2 following questions, IDK to which one I say Yes and which one I say No
Have you ever
1. been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent residence visa, visitor, temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country?
The answer will be "yes" since you were denied a student visa to US.

2. been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?
Answer wil be "No" This is where you are in a country and have been asked to leave or deported.

Pls help advise me. Thank you a lot!

Reactions: pino1130

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ! Someone from the WhatsApp group formed by the latest draw ITA holders told me to consult you and I searched for you and I'm here.. I've received the express entry ITA on 2nd of August.
In a nutshell, my wife is the primary applicant and her father submitted the equivalent of CAD 15k to her account just one day before the ITA. We've got the gift deed prepared and also ready to show the agreement of sale of her father's house through which he got the money. But my fear is that this might not be sufficient. I'm also ready to show another CAD 15K in my account (I'm accompanying spouse) that my mother transferred to me about 2.5 months back for which also I have the gift deed.

I don't want to go wrong with the POF and screw up my application. We have 479 CRS points.

Many thanks!
For the PoF IRCC wants the following:

• The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Now in your case you didn't have the funds and neither the 6 months average balance. However, the intention here is that you should have the funds and they show be readily available. You have met this requirement by the gift deed and you are all good. All you have to ensure is that you are over the minimum requirement as prescribed by IRCC based on the number of family members you have.

So in your case you will have the following:

1. The letter from the bank where you have the fund with the information above.
2. The gift deed from your father-in-law

Reactions: gauravpande

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Legalfuncion,
I was in Denmark on Work permit from 2008 till 2010. But in between, i traveled to India for vacation like 15 days, 10 days or even for 1 month. So do i need to mention these details as well. If so then where i need to make these entries.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have two questions:

1. I have to submit Japan police certificate. I received the document and it says "envelope to be opened by addressee only". I searched online and apparently, some people scanned front/back of the envelope and uploaded it and asked for permission to open or an address to mail it - and some other people opened the envelope and scanned the certificate. So far I have not heard of any option that has actually worked. What would you recommend?

Just go ahead an open the envelope, scan it and upload it. ICC will verify the authenticity if they have concerns.

2. I realised I have quite a few LOEs in my application (for police certificate, for work experience and a couple more). What I have done is including the letters in every placeholders which they belong to. For instance, I included a LOE for my first job, together with all other documents (employment confirmation letter, pay stubs etc..) I uploaded in the placeholder dedicated to this first job.
Is that the right thing to do or should I upload all LOEs in the "LOE" placeholder? In this case, it would be more difficult for the Officer to understand I guess.

No, you should include the LoE only in the place meant for LOE and not in every place holder. Although a lot of people do that, but that makes having the application in one place very difficult and reading is even more. You can combine all the LoEs in one place and upload. If you have uploaded the documents, you need not worry.

Thanks for any advice you could provide.
matt

Reactions: Wandering Mind

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Dear @legalfalcon
Regarding eligibility for work experience under FSW as CiC states "Your work experience must have been full-time (or the equivalent in part-time hours), worked continuously and paid, for at least one year in the same occupation", pls help to judge my case.
I have 3 jobs in same NOC which I claimed points
1st job: full time, lasts for 7months
2nd job: full time, lasts for 13 months
3rd job: current job

So my first job didn't last for 1 year continuously but my 2nd did. Is it eligible? Thanks so so much!