17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon
I am currently a PR and plan on going back to school. I was wondering if it will affect my future citizenship application if I take out student loans from government programs such as StudentAidBC or Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)? Thank you so much!

As a PR, you can do anything a citizen can do, and it has no nearing what so ever on your citizenship application.

Fora citizenship application all you have to meet are the basic requirements, i.e. residency, no criminal record, and proof of tax filings.

Reactions: alex4936

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I just printed mine on an A4 sized paper. Listed the following details in a blank paper:
1. Full name
2. Passport number
3. Height
4. Eye color

Just those 4 on a white paper (separate white papers for each primary and dependent for their respective VFS envelope).
Thank you so much for the response. I have another quick question.

The ppr letter says to submit all the necessary documents along with VAC transmission fees. Where do I got VAC transmission fees?
Is it after I book an appointment with VAC for passport submission and pay for the service I get the VAC transmission fees? Need clarity on this.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thank you so much for the response. I have another quick question.

The ppr letter says to submit all the necessary documents along with VAC transmission fees. Where do I got VAC transmission fees?
Is it after I book an appointment with VAC for passport submission and pay for the service I get the VAC transmission fees? Need clarity on this.
Yes, you will need to pay the VAC transmission fees when you book an appointment with a VAC for passport submission. The fees are non-refundable and are used to cover the cost of processing your application and transmitting your passport to you.

The amount of the VAC transmission fees will vary depending on the country where you are applying for your passport. You can find the current fees on the IRCC website.

I hope this information is helpful.

sucolee

Jul 9, 2023
I am new here and I just complete filling my EE form and I am still a novice to this.. what is the next step for me to take

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
@legalfalcon quick question, could you confirm as to what a “dependent” is per Canadian immigration? My COPR lists none, I guess because I’ve never been married, have no kids etc. Are parents and siblings counted as dependents?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon quick question, could you confirm as to what a “dependent” is per Canadian immigration? My COPR lists none, I guess because I’ve never been married, have no kids etc. Are parents and siblings counted as dependents?
Sure. In Canadian immigration, a dependent is an individual who is financially supported by the principal applicant. The principal applicant is the person who is applying for permanent residence in Canada.

Dependents can include:
  • Children under the age of 22
  • Spouses or common-law partners
  • Parents who are 65 years of age or older and who are financially dependent on the principal applicant
Siblings are not considered dependents under Canadian immigration law.

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada as a principal applicant, you can include your dependents on your application. However, you will need to provide proof of financial support for your dependents. This proof can include:
  • Bank statements
  • Tax returns
  • Employment letters
  • Other documentation that shows that you have the financial resources to support your dependents
If you are not able to provide proof of financial support for your dependents, they may not be allowed to come to Canada with you.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I am new here and I just complete filling my EE form and I am still a novice to this.. what is the next step for me to take
Congratulations on completing your Express Entry profile! The next step is to wait for an Invitation to Apply (ITA). ITAs are issued on a bi-weekly basis, and they are based on your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.

Your CRS score is calculated based on a number of factors, including your age, education, work experience, language skills, and whether you have a valid job offer in Canada. The higher your CRS score, the better your chances of receiving an ITA.

If you receive an ITA, you will have 60 days to submit your complete application for permanent residence. Your application will be assessed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), and you will be notified of the outcome of your application.

If your application is approved, you will be issued a Permanent Resident Card (PRC). Your PRC will allow you to live, work, and study in Canada permanently.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Sure. In Canadian immigration, a dependent is an individual who is financially supported by the principal applicant. The principal applicant is the person who is applying for permanent residence in Canada.

Dependents can include:
  • Children under the age of 22
  • Spouses or common-law partners
  • Parents who are 65 years of age or older and who are financially dependent on the principal applicant
Siblings are not considered dependents under Canadian immigration law.

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada as a principal applicant, you can include your dependents on your application. However, you will need to provide proof of financial support for your dependents. This proof can include:
  • Bank statements
  • Tax returns
  • Employment letters
  • Other documentation that shows that you have the financial resources to support your dependents
If you are not able to provide proof of financial support for your dependents, they may not be allowed to come to Canada with you.

Honestly is there any way this bot can be deactivated?? Are parents really counted as dependents? Where in the process was I supposed to establish that they aren’t dependent on me?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If you applied for Permanent Residency, then your accompanying family members would be your dependents. The term dependent is loosely used in PR applications, as it is the "accompanying family members" who are the relevant unit here.

IRCC defines accompanying family members as "[a] spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child (grandchild), who plans to immigrate to Canada with the principal applicant. Accompanying family members are included on the application."

If you had none of the above, then your COPR will not list anyone as a dependent.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations further define "dependent child."

A child who is under the maximum age and is not married or in a common law relationship. Generally, to qualify as dependants, children must

• be under 22 years old
  • not have a spouse or common-law partner
A grandparent, parent, sibling etc, are not dependents. However, they may be eligibility for being sponsored under different programs.

Reactions: Zephyrstraint

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Make sure you submit your profile. Upon submitting the profile, you will have a CRS score.

You can also calculate your CRS score <https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp>

Make sure that you have been awarded a score for all the factors listed above.

Once you have made your profile, and have a CRS score, you will have to see if your score is high enough as to meet the recent cut-offs. You can see the recent rounds of invitations at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

If your CRS is not high enough, you will have to explore options to increase your CRS score, which can be through education, PNP etc.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Honestly is there any way this bot can be deactivated?? Are parents really counted as dependents? Where in the process was I supposed to establish that they aren’t dependent on me?
Parents are NOT dependents. See my comment above for more details.

YOu will just have to keep reporting this bot and until someone takes any action, this nonsense will continue.

pic hoster

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

pic hoster

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
According to Canadian immigration, a dependent is a person who is financially supported by another person, usually a parent or spouse. For the purposes of immigration, dependents can include:
  • Your spouse or common-law partner
  • Your dependent child (under the age of 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship)
  • Your spouse or common-law partner's dependent child (under the age of 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship)
  • A dependent child of a dependent child (under the age of 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship)
Parents and siblings are not considered dependents for the purposes of immigration. However, you may be able to sponsor your parents or siblings to come to Canada as permanent residents, if you meet the eligibility requirements.

If you are a single person with no dependents, your COPR will not list any dependents. This is because you do not need to sponsor anyone to come to Canada with you.

Here are some links to the relevant government websites for more information:

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Parents are NOT dependents. See my comment above for more details.

YOu will just have to keep reporting this bot and until someone takes any action, this nonsense will continue.

pic hoster
You are correct. Parents are not considered dependents for the purposes of immigration to Canada. This is because parents are typically considered to be adults who are able to support themselves financially. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, if your parents are elderly or disabled and cannot support themselves financially, you may be able to sponsor them to come to Canada as permanent residents.
Here is a link to the relevant government website for more information: