+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
@The Wall yes, I attach GCMS notes to webforms every time. The CBSA notes show that officer who has approved the case and asked for RFV to be sent has also assigned the file to ”EE - Approved“ location in Montreal VO and gave them due date of 3-Mar-23 to (I guess) do the next step, which (I guess) is sending RFV email. Since notes were issued on 14-Mar-23 I can see that no one followed on this and also from no updates in my online accounts I can tell that they didn’t do it up till now.

I found this description of the RFV procedure from IRCC itself. I can see that first 4 points out of 6 were done, but then 5th point is missing. And then the question is - who exactly is there to be blamed? Primary VO or secondary VO?

As per the procedure "The overseas migration office should run GCMS reports or queries weekly either to identify new inter-office verification requests that have been created and assigned or to search for completed inter-office verification activities for applications assigned to their office." sounds like secondary VO is to be blamed for not checking that they need to issue RFV. But then in the CBSA notes on the 1st page the due date under "Application assignment" was given to primary VO.

So it's hard to tell precisely who didn't do their job.
Really complicated. Hope things will be resolved as soon as possible.

Riya Kaur

Star Member
Jan 13, 2022
@legalfalcon As the public servant are starting nation wide strike from wednesday processing immigartion application also going to be delayed as per ircc official web site. What will happens those immigration application which is processing outside canada such as New Delhi, Manila etc? Officer from those office also join the strike?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon As the public servant are starting nation wide strike from wednesday processing immigartion application also going to be delayed as per ircc official web site. What will happens those immigration application which is processing outside canada such as New Delhi, Manila etc? Officer from those office also join the strike?
All federal employes irrespective of where they work are part of the union and there will be delays across the board unless the strike is called off.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , I tried to reach the MP of a riding in Canada where I plan to live after obtaining my Permanent Resident status. However, they informed me that their office is only able to assist constituents. I'm unsure of what to do next, should I contact another MP and provide my relative Canadian address? Or is there another way to proceed? Thank you
Most MPs will help regardless of whether you currently live in the riding or not. But they can surely refuse if you are not in Canda. You can try contacting other MP or you can ask a relative or friend in Canada to inquire for you from the MP of their respective riding.

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Hello @legalfalcon
If my father makes the gift deed and affidavit, signs them in India and gets notarized for my POF, how will I be able to sign those documents as I am living abroad? IRCC knows I m living abroad so how to sign them?

I heard the recipient also needs to sign the gift deed and affidavit. Is it necessary? Can I submit those documents without my signature? Please answer, thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
If my father makes the gift deed and affidavit, signs them in India and gets notarized for my POF, how will I be able to sign those documents as I am living abroad? IRCC knows I m living abroad so how to sign them?

I heard the recipient also needs to sign the gift deed and affidavit. Is it necessary? Can I submit those documents without my signature? Please answer, thanks.
All legal documents have to comply with the laws of the country they are executed in.

See https://bit.ly/3iPw1tp

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
@legalfalcon Need your valuable suggestion , I am on closed work permit which started from 18th April 2022 and going to expire on 17th April 2024 .... I am going to apply PR in next 15 days under express entry. M I eligible to apply BOWP ( Bridge open work permit) after reviewing AOR ? How much time it takes to get AOR after applying under express entry and further how much time in BOWP processing , please note that I have more than 1 year Canadian experience under NOC A job level.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Need your valuable suggestion , I am on closed work permit which started from 18th April 2022 and going to expire on 17th April 2024 .... I am going to apply PR in next 15 days under express entry. M I eligible to apply BOWP ( Bridge open work permit) after reviewing AOR ? How much time it takes to get AOR after applying under express entry and further how much time in BOWP processing , please note that I have more than 1 year Canadian experience under NOC A job level.

Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must

• live in Canada (and intend to live outside Quebec) at the time you apply for your BOWP
    • You can leave Canada while we process your application.
    • However, if you leave Canada after your work permit expires, you can’t work until your new application is approved.
  • either
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete applicationfor permanent residence and passed the completeness check
    • Submitting a profile to the pool is not the same as applying for permanent residence.
    • Make sure you understand how Express Entry works.
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • We send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Processing times are all over the place due to the strike.

Grimlock

Apr 26, 2023
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
12-04-2023
@legalfalcon Just a quick question, There might be little discrepancy with my parent's names. The names I used with previous work permits (co-op & open permit) and visa (study & worker) is little different than the names in ITA since their legal name reflects the name in new national documents and other legal documents.

Example: In case of my dad: previously it was John Doe & now it's John Adams Doe (as per ITA and new legal documents) and in my mothers case, Mary Ann Louise and now it's MaryAnn Louise (as per ITA and new legal documents)

So would that be a problem? Do I need to include a letter explaining this situation.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must

• live in Canada (and intend to live outside Quebec) at the time you apply for your BOWP
    • You can leave Canada while we process your application.
    • However, if you leave Canada after your work permit expires, you can’t work until your new application is approved.
  • either
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete applicationfor permanent residence and passed the completeness check
    • Submitting a profile to the pool is not the same as applying for permanent residence.
    • Make sure you understand how Express Entry works.
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • We send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Processing times are all over the place due to the strike.
I'm about 5 months into a PNP-EE Application. I have 10 months left on my Current Work Permit. Given that all the processing times are now all over the place, and PNP Processing times are around the 10 month mark, would it be advisable to submit a BOWP application now? or would they probably not look at it because of how many months on my current OWP I have left?

SAR66

Apr 6, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon
Hope all is well with you,

I would appreciate your input on this
I got my ITA under CEC. I am trying to fill the statutory questions regarding the VISA refusal to Canada or other countries question. If I remember correctly I probably chose 'no' to these type of questions during my other IRCC visa applications (like PGWP, TRV, study permit). I possibly got refused visa to UK once and to Singapore once. If I mention 'yes' during my PR application won't that create inconsistencies with my other IRCC applications? How do I justify that, by writing a LOE? What should I mention in my LOE even? Truthfully speaking I don't remember much about the two possible VISA refusals (Not 100% sure if it was even a refusal. Don't have any proof it or know why it was refused). During the other IRCC applications I probable forgot about these visa refusals or wasn't sure if I got refused or not or I didn't think it would be an issue so I mentioned 'no'. If I mention this in my LOE is that going to be viewed as a legitimate reason? In all honesty I did not remember them properly at that time and I was somewhat confused while answering those however there were no issues regarding getting my TRV, PGWP and study permit from IRCC. IRCC wants us to answer truthfully for the PR questions, I am just wondering if I chose 'yes' know if that would case any issues since in my other IRCC applications I might have chosen 'no'.

Another question is if I chose 'yes' to it and in reality if it happened that I didn't actually get refused for any visas, will that be viewed as misinterpretation? Because I think I got refused twice, but don't know for sure if I actually did. So basically wondering if I should say yes and whether that should be a problem if it happens I never actually got refused.

Thank you for taking the time to read all that. Would really appreciate if you could say something on this matter!

whenppr

Nov 11, 2022
@legalfalcon cross-posting here. Couldnt think of anyone else who would know.

Just got CBSA notes and my record shows one note by officer (most recent) which states:

"... All requirements met. Appears RFV. In queue for PACE review."

This is the first and only officer note.
Tracker shows all completed. IRCC agent on phone confirmed all completed.
Security data is blank/redacted.
"Final" status is blank.
"Office: RROC FSW PACE"

Any idea what PACE is? Looked everywhere with no help.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon,

I ordered GCMS notes some time ago because I got a refusal for a spousal open work permit. After asking on the forum here, I realized I was considered the principal foreign national and because of that I could not ask for a spousal open work permit based on my husband work permit. Which is what is written in the GCMS notes and says eligibility failed.
However my concern is that it also states at the end that the reason for refusal is R179(b) inconsistent purpose "the purpose of your visit to canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you provided in your application". Since then I did get my work permit (not a spousal open work permit but a closed permit) at the border (as I was short on time). Does that mean that there were 2 reasons my open work permit was refused ? Not eligible and purpose was not consistent with temporary stay ? I am worried that next time I apply for extension of work permit I will be refused on this ground of "not consistent with temporary stay" (I have been in Canada for some time but never overstayed).
Thanks for your time