05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I need urgent help. I have received my GCMS notes. In that , it says
ELIGIBILITY - Passed
CRIMINALITY - Passed
MEDICAL -Passed
INFO SHARING -Complete
FINAL - Approved

But i havent received any email requesting for RPRF ( as i hadnt paid it at the time of applying). What should i do now?
Raise a CSE, or you can pay the RPRF online and send the copy of the receipt via CSE.

Ravu

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Raise a CSE, or you can pay the RPRF online and send the copy of the receipt via CSE.
Thanks legalfalcon!

I just uploaded my new passporr( as it was about to expire) via CSE. Could i still raise another CSE regarding RPRF?

And also how do i pay RPRF online? My representative asked me to wait and said there is no option of paying RPRF online.

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi legal falcon,

Need an urgent help on this.
A friend told me his application was refused last year because his work experience did not go with is degree qualification. Working in a way different line compared to his university degree.
1. My wife's degree is sociology and works as an Operations administrative officer with Noc 1221. Will this be a problem or have it changed to Human resource since she does a little of the duty as well.
2. If I'm to change it her job title to Human resource with Noc 1121 will I have to revoke my profile and re-fill a new one to avoid any issue or what?

Thanks

Ravu

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Sorry i forgot to mention that i had called IRCC and they told me that my file is in Sydney, Australia and apparently VO there sent me an email in march ( which i never received) so IRCC asked me to contact Sydney VO asap. I have emailed Sydney VO ( their general email) to resend the same email that i never received in march.

Do you think they reply and i should wait? Or should i raise CSE regarding it?

nidiw2017

Oct 13, 2017
AOR Received.
06-03-2018
Med's Done....
16-03-2018
Hello @legalfalcon

Hope you're well.

Could you help me in with my EE case..details below:
AOR: March 6, 2018
MEP & IP1: March 15, 2018
ADR reguested and submitted: March 16, 2018

On May 25th, CIC agent confirmed to me that I've cleared my eligibility. I am worried as to why my BGC has not started yet. VO is Ottawa..

In your experience, is this normal?

Please share your opinion. Also, i ordered my GCMS through getgcms.com and my card was charged twice...by when can i expect the reverse transaction for the same.

Thanks,

Last edited:

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Different offices have different language to communicate the same thing. IRCC calls it "patience template," i.e. asking the applicant to wait as the file is under review, assessment, awaiting officer review etc.

The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. The eligibility happens is 2 stages. First an analyst will review and make a recommendation and then the officer will review it and make a final determination. Unless the officer makes a final determination, the eligibility is not passed. In most cases the initial eligibility is done at CIO and the final at LVO.

I wouldn't worry much about the language. Instead read the notes in your GCMS.
Thanks @legalfalcon. The GCMS notes indicate that the analyst's decision at CIO for eligibility was "Review Required". Is it a bad sign that he didn't recommend a passed status but a review required status for eligibility?

Another thing that I noticed is that my FSW scores dropped significantly. It seems that no points from my work experience was added. The notes from the agent indicated that a review was required for employment. Here are the exact notes below, with key parts of concern included:

A11.2 Case Processing Agent Lock - in Date: 2018-02-20.... Having analyzed this applicant based on the documents submitted by and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

Review Required R75: FSW Minimum Requirements - Review Required R76: Selection Criteria- FSW Points/ Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 59 (dropped from 72) Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete
........... ........

Experience: Lock - in Date: 2018 - 02- 20 Primary Occupation NOC 2161.....
Employment histories (Review Required)
Letter confirms salary.... Letter confirms full/time employment... FSW Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year.... Review Required CRS Foreign Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 3 year(s)- Review Required what does this mean? The work experience isn't 0 years.

Settlement Funds: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD 12,475 submitted bank letter and statements at the time of PR submission showing that I met the threshold amount but it was a US bank. The funds were not converted to CAD but remained as USD. Could this be what needs to be reviewed for conversion purposes?

Text: **** Agent Review*** Police Certificates R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed

Notes 3:.....
Review Type: Program Assistant.....I have this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant... Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI. What does this mean?
PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Does this mean that only part of my GCMS notes were released to me?

Is it concerning that no specific reason was given by the analyst about the decision to request a review?

Last edited:

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
What is the LoE that you sent and the date of ending employment for which you are claiming points.
The employment date is from
What is the LoE that you sent and the date of ending employment for which you are claiming points.

Hi The LOE which I sent had all my education, work & family details. My previous firm did not provide me with a detailed duty letter so I had submitted a self declared duty letter. Also, the experience with which they seem to have an issue is from sep 13 - april 16.

Here is the link where you can see the comment from the analyst. Please let me know if I should be worried. Also, is there a way now I can change the primary NOC? Because even without this experience I am comfortably sitting at 72 points

http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/stud20000in/library/?sort=3&page=1

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Thanks @legalfalcon. The GCMS notes indicate that the analyst's decision at CIO for eligibility was "Review Required". Is it a bad sign that he didn't recommend a passed status but a review required status for eligibility?

Another thing that I noticed is that my FSW scores dropped significantly. I"m not sure why,. Could I send a PM with part of the notes?
@legalfalcon , I just got off the phone with a CIC agent, because I wanted to find out why the score dropped and I was told that my file was moved from london to the Los Angeles Office in the U.S on June 11th. Is this a bad sign? I've lived most of my life in the U.S., and I have all of my work experience in the U.S, but I was visiting my birth country when I applied. So I didn't enter the U.S. as my country of residence. Could this be the reason why it was moved? I'm so worried at this point.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017

Seem

Oct 22, 2015
Toronto
@legalfalcon
@legalfalcon
Hi,
Sorry I still don’t know much about this forum . Hope this time m asking on the right plateform .
Ok so my Brother and his wife ( main applicant ) was rejected last year. They were FSW 2014 applicant . Reason was mispresemtation .we went to federal court, out of court settlement was done on 30 oct 2017. File was reopened in Jan 2018. Just last week got the e-mail ( our lawer ) from NDVO asking for 1.
Schedule A form for you and your spouse
2.PCC
3.updated employment record of yourself
4.your recent pay stab
5.updated letter of employment , listing duties

Now my question is , do you think they passed the eligibility and now it’s on background check ?
2. They want updated information so my sister in law is self employed ( does she just write in schedule A or she has to submit the supporting documents ? ( we don’t want to send them unnessery documents , that’s why )

Or
What’s your opinion af

It is really Generous of you stay back on Forum to help others....

I have a very common question for which i would love to get response from you.
My background status changed from Not Started to Not needed at this time, can you please help me understand what could be the possible reasons for that, and when does it happens

khuranahbc

Nov 6, 2011
Hi Legalfalcon,

I am in urgent need of your valuable inputs.

I received my GCMS notes today (AOR 24th Jan' 2018). As per the agent's recommendations, everything appears to be met (A11.2, R75, R76, FSW points) and agent has also recommended as "ready to finalize". However, in main recommendations, he has mentioned "review required".

During his review of the submitted documents (funds, education, employment etc.), he has not commented anything adverse. However, integrated search (FOSS/GCMS) shows "no trace other than present in this application" for primary applicant and dependent kids. Integrated search (FOSS/GCMS) for spouse shows "not in status". Can the difference in status of integrated search for spouse be because of an earlier immigration application of the spouse (not disclosed in this application) (however, earlier application was not processed as CAP for NOC was reached at the time of application receipt).

Can this be the reason of "review required"

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks legalfalcon!

I just uploaded my new passporr( as it was about to expire) via CSE. Could i still raise another CSE regarding RPRF?

And also how do i pay RPRF online? My representative asked me to wait and said there is no option of paying RPRF online.
Yes, you can raise another CSE for RPRF, no issues. You can pay your fee online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

And via CSE you can send the RPRF fee receipt. Not sure why your representative lied to you.

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legal falcon,

Need an urgent help on this.
A friend told me his application was refused last year because his work experience did not go with is degree qualification. Working in a way different line compared to his university degree.
1. My wife's degree is sociology and works as an Operations administrative officer with Noc 1221. Will this be a problem or have it changed to Human resource since she does a little of the duty as well.
2. If I'm to change it her job title to Human resource with Noc 1121 will I have to revoke my profile and re-fill a new one to avoid any issue or what?

Thanks
The job title and the degree you have is irrelevant. What matters is the job responsibilities. IRCC clearly states
"Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description." <https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html>

The job duties you perform should substantially match the NOC you select.

Reactions: FMT

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

Hope you're well.

Could you help me in with my EE case..details below:
AOR: March 6, 2018
MEP & IP1: March 15, 2018
ADR reguested and submitted: March 16, 2018

On May 25th, CIC agent confirmed to me that I've cleared my eligibility. I am worried as to why my BGC has not started yet. VO is Ottawa..

In your experience, is this normal?

Please share your opinion. Also, i ordered my GCMS through getgcms.com and my card was charged twice...by when can i expect the reverse transaction for the same.

Thanks,
You are in the the third month, and only after your eligibility is passed, will your BGC start. The eligibility happens is 2 stages. First an analyst will review and make a recommendation and then the officer will review it and make a final determination. Unless the officer makes a final determination, the eligibility is not passed. However, even when the analyst makes a recommendation, it shows as recommended passed, and that is what the call centre re may have told you.

As regards the double charging of your card, please contact GET GCMS and remind them. I do not deal with the day to day affairs.

Reactions: nidiw2017

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The GCMS notes indicate that the analyst's decision at CIO for eligibility was "Review Required". Is it a bad sign that he didn't recommend a passed status but a review required status for eligibility?

When the analyst is unable to make a decision, they defer it to the officer and make the recommendation as review required. It is then the officer who will make a decision. In most cases the officer will make a positive decision, but that depends on case by case basis.

Another thing that I noticed is that my FSW scores dropped significantly. It seems that no points from my work experience was added. The notes from the agent indicated that a review was required for employment. Here are the exact notes below, with key parts of concern included:

A11.2 Case Processing Agent Lock - in Date: 2018-02-20.... Having analyzed this applicant based on the documents submitted by and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

Review Required R75: FSW Minimum Requirements - Review Required R76: Selection Criteria- FSW Points/ Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 59 (dropped from 72) Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete
........... ........

Experience: Lock - in Date: 2018 - 02- 20 Primary Occupation NOC 2161.....
Employment histories (Review Required)
Letter confirms salary.... Letter confirms full/time employment... FSW Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year.... Review Required CRS Foreign Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 3 year(s)- Review Required what does this mean? The work experience isn't 0 years. The analyst has not awarded you any points for the work experience. The analyst has deferred this to the officer, who will decide this. If your reference letters has all the details, and meets the requirements of the what IRCC asks, and also the jb duties in ref letter meet that of NOC no need to worry.

Settlement Funds: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD 12,475 submitted bank letter and statements at the time of PR submission showing that I met the threshold amount but it was a US bank. The funds were not converted to CAD but remained as USD. Could this be what needs to be reviewed for conversion purposes? This usually happens as only officers make the conversion. IRCC does not go by day to day conversion, but has a conversion based on quarterly basis which is published by the Govt. of Canada. No need to worry about this at all.

Text: **** Agent Review*** Police Certificates R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed

Notes 3:.....
Review Type: Program Assistant.....I have this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant... Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI. What does this mean? This is that your application has been promoted to the next step, and the UCI is present, so no new UCI needs to be generated.
PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Does this mean that only part of my GCMS notes were released to me? Is this your first time applying to IRCC, or have you applied for student / tourist visa before. if you have, then there will be 2 sets that IRCC will rely on.

Is it concerning that no specific reason was given by the analyst about the decision to request a review?

I would not be much concerned, just request another set of GCMS notes in a few weeks and see what progress has been made.

Thanks @legalfalcon. The tes were released to me?