+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello LegalFalcon,

I've read many articles from you and I can say that you are very knowledgeable of what you say, Im writing to you because I have a "too good to be true" case.

I got the ITA in august 9th and submitted my application on the 20th of September and got the AOR almost immediately, now comes the too good to be true part.

On the 26th, I checked my application and noticed some changes.

• Application status- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents- The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
  • Interview- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I passed the medical exam, thats good.
Review of additional documents, this is weird because they didnt ask me to submit any additional document, therefore, why is it saying the additional documents i provided are being reviewed. Could it mean the LOE I submitted?

Background Check, other members of the forum said that im in IP2 of the process. But I never got to IP1 or NA, how could I be in IP2 so quick? I only travel to canada and my homecountry, could it be the reason why my IP1 was concluded faster?

If you could shed a light on my case, I'd be thankful!
Ray

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
with the eligibility being passed you have passed most of the difficult phase of the process. Now your BGC is in progress, with the activity Security Screening. You will have 4 such activities before your application is approved.

You as of now have 1. You will have 4 more. This is the usual trend. At this stage you can't do much. All you can do is order GCMS notes, see the activities as they change. From here, it should not take too long. However, please be advised that some applicants get stuck in Security Screening for a long time. However, I do not see that being your case.
Thank you legalfalcon!

Is there any benefit of enquiring status from CSIS or CBSA at this stage?

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
@legalfalcon

Hello,
I have a question, If I get a job offer post COPR from my current company which has office in Canada but not registered under LIMA. Do I need to stick with them for atl east a year?

I want to use to that letter to save on duty on my Car, if I plan to take it with me. Employers are OK with it.

And hoping to leave the company as soon as I get another opportunity. Hopefully in like 6 months. Employers are OK with this too.

Current Status: I have COPR, Yet to Land and did not claim any points for JOB in Canada.

Thanks,
Chikoo

Last edited:

ameydixit

Apr 7, 2016
Sorry for the wait, but this is the usual place where the applications get stuck. In your case the application is waiting an approval from the agent to confirm the program analyst recommendation. Also, since you are PNP, the processing of PNP had slowed down, but with the recent agreement between the federal minister and the provincial ministers, it is expected that it will start back on track.

Raising CSE and emails only gets generic answers. Unfortunately all you can do is wait, and if you so like, order GCMS notes at regular intervals. In some cases GCMS notes help push the application, but not in all cases.

Hello and thanks for your reply, what does the below mean?
In your case the application is waiting an approval from the agent to confirm the program analyst recommendation

I am FSWO not PNP

s.tamoor

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017/03/20
Nomination.....
ITA- 2017/08/02
AOR Received.
2017/03/21
IELTS Request
L-8, R-9, W-7.5, S-7
Med's Done....
2017/01/19
Hello All & @legalfalcon.

I appreciate if anyone could help with my query

I am an FSW-O applicant and submitted my Express Entry application on 14th of July. At the time of submission i uploaded last 6 months bank statement (collected only a week before from the bank) and have been maintaining my account since to the threshold of 12300 dollars.

Now the problem is I am in a spot of bother and need almost half of this money to use and can de-deposit in my account in a few weeks time. So is there a chance that CIC will ask me to resubmit fresh bank statement of last 6 months and if they do can I be refused on this ground?

Regards

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Hello @legalfalcon
I hope you are doing well sir. Today I have 3 questions for you and hope you can answer my queries despite your busy schedule.

1. My profile is showing IFHP (Interim Federal Health Program) application apart from the PR application. I think it is a bug as I have seen some other guys have reported it earlier. But could not find what they did about it eventually. I researched about it and it is not even distinctly related to me or my application. So, what should I do now (says 60 days to submit)? Just ignore it?

2. Received my 3rd set of notes and between 2nd (18.08) and 3rd (19.09), nothing has changed. My AOR is 1st April and file at NDVO. Eligibility met then changed to not started before being sent to NDVO on 18th July. What should be the appropriate course of action in my case?

3. On 2 pages there is s.16(1)(c) but my security is not started. Does it mean verification of job as well and in which cases should someone be worried if they have this s.16(1)(c)?

Thanking you in advance.

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I got rcmp request last august 22 ,which i submitted on august 29.
I got gcms notes which were generated on sept 14, agent did eligibility review on same day but cirminality still shows in progress.

Is there anything I can do, so that pick my file for finalization as agent already did review & criminality show be passed after rcmp reviewed, medicals are already passed. Security will be only left.

Thank You

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
with the eligibility being passed you have passed most of the difficult phase of the process. Now your BGC is in progress, with the activity Security Screening. You will have 4 such activities before your application is approved.

You as of now have 1. You will have 4 more. This is the usual trend. At this stage you can't do much. All you can do is order GCMS notes, see the activities as they change. From here, it should not take too long. However, please be advised that some applicants get stuck in Security Screening for a long time. However, I do not see that being your case.
Hello legalfalcon,
Thank you for your help!
After reading your answer I read the notes again. So, the total activities with Security screening/Security are as follows:

ACTIVITY: 1
Name: Principal Applicant
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening
Field Name: Status

ACTIVITY: 2
Name: Spouse

ACTIVITY: 3

ACTIVITY: 4
New Value: Not Started
Updated Date: 2017/07/17
Office: CPC-Ottawa

ACTIVITY: 5
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security

ACTIVITY: 6

ACTIVITY: 7
New Value: Not Started
Updated Date: 2017/07/17
Office: CPC-Ottawa

ACTIVITY: 8
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security

It appears that there have been 3 activities/entries for Security Screening after the "Security" activity, both for PA & spouse. Does that mean we are now under SS activity 4?

Please advise.
Thanks again!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon,
I need your help asap. My AOR was 10Aug. I've been in NA2 since AUG 29
In Personal History section, they ask Have You listed all of XXX's period of military service or government positions (if any) and all the organization if XXX belongs to (if any)? I answer YES. I didn't serve any of these above service. But I answer YES because I interpreted it as if it was asking me if i have listed all my personal history or not.

When I checked my friend application, she answered Not Applicable. I don't know which one is correct (NA or YES) and I don't even remember if it has the NA option when I applied or not.

Please help advise me what should I do. DO I need to raise CSE?. Thank you a lot!
The question shows be answered with the following.

1. Yes: If you have ever worked for the government in any capacity and have listed that work experience in your work profile or personal history. Here, government means, military, contractor, public institutions, government aided companies or undertakings.

2. No: If you have ever worked for the government in any capacity and have NOT listed that work experience in your work profile or personal history, due to your obligations or contracts of on-disclosure. Here, government means, military, contractor, public institutions, government aided companies or undertakings.

3. NA: If you have never worked for the government in any capacity, and this question is not relevant to your case.

If you believe you answered it incorrectly you can raise a cSE and explain.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : I am PNP applicant with July 17th Applicant and in NA2 stage since 19th August. Now I noticed that, I over sighted the question about any rejection of visitor visa and said No. I had USA visitor visa rejection last year.

Now as I do not have any visa rejection stamp on passport, It slipped out of my mind completely. Is USA visitor visa rejection and forgot to mentioned in application considered at misrepresentation.

Any suggestion to do on this ? Should I raise CSE.
YEs it is misrepresentation as you were asked a question and you did not answer it correctly. Moreover, US and Canada are partner countries and can get information from each other. So if you did answer it incorrectly, raise a CSE and provide an explanation and change it. As longs you set the record straight, there is nothing to worry about.

Reactions: canada201417

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
@legalfalcon I worked with VFS as a Visa Officer in London around 8 years ago- do you reckon this counts as working for the government?

Keen to know your thoughts and suggestions.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello LegalFalcon,

I've read many articles from you and I can say that you are very knowledgeable of what you say, Im writing to you because I have a "too good to be true" case.

I got the ITA in august 9th and submitted my application on the 20th of September and got the AOR almost immediately, now comes the too good to be true part.

On the 26th, I checked my application and noticed some changes.

• Application status- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents- The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
  • Interview- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I passed the medical exam, thats good.
Review of additional documents, this is weird because they didnt ask me to submit any additional document, therefore, why is it saying the additional documents i provided are being reviewed. Could it mean the LOE I submitted?

Background Check, other members of the forum said that im in IP2 of the process. But I never got to IP1 or NA, how could I be in IP2 so quick? I only travel to canada and my homecountry, could it be the reason why my IP1 was concluded faster?

If you could shed a light on my case, I'd be thankful!
Ray

The MyCIC status and the whole nomenclature of NA, IP is just mere speculation and has no bearing on your application. Instead you should be relying on what stage your application is at.

Each application goes through the following:

R10 - completeness check
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security.

These stages are listed in the immigration law. IP, NA are not there in Immigration law. To read more on the stages see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

The only way to know what stage an application is at is through the GCMS notes, or you can wait it out and speculate whether it is IP, NA and what stage the application has passed.

There is nothing unusual in your case. As long as you have passed eligibility, which is the most important stage, you are all good.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you legalfalcon!

Is there any benefit of enquiring status from CSIS or CBSA at this stage?
Not required. A lot of people have the security screening and it is cleared quickly, unless you get stuck there. As of now jut wait for some time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hello,
I have a question, If I get a job offer post COPR from my current company which has office in Canada but not registered under LIMA. Do I need to stick with them for atl east a year? NO, after you get a CoPR, and you land, you are a PR and have no obligation to work for a year, unless you sign a contract which says so.

I want to use to that letter to save on duty on my Car, if I plan to take it with me. Employers are OK with it.

And hoping to leave the company as soon as I get another opportunity. Hopefully in like 6 months. Employers are OK with this too.

Current Status: I have COPR, Yet to Land and did not claim any points for JOB in Canada.

Thanks,
Chikoo

Reactions: chikoo1985