+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
hi Asivad Anac
thanks for your prompt reply.

My current valid passport has surname as my name after marriage and not my maiden name. However my work history documents prior to 2010 and wes document has my surname with maiden name. Thats why I indicated that I used another name.
Is this correct or should I answer the question as No?

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
Hi Asivad,

My AOR is 08th April and I have been requested Schedule A for both the applicants by 20th April.

I have completed the Schedule A form but want to clear 1 doubt (mentioned below) before I submit the same:

For both the applicants, under "Work History" section, I have indicated details of only those jobs for which I am claiming points and under "Personal History" section, I have indicated details for all jobs/everything.

However, earlier while submitting eAPR, I did not provide any LOE to clarify above scenario (i.e. "Work History" section provides details of jobs for which points are claimed while rest other/all jobs/details are in "Personal History" section).

Do you recommend to provide LOE regarding above confusion with Schedule A form or should I not confuse them for unnecessary LOE (assuming that they will understand this scenario)

Please provide your view.
Thanks in advance

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
talkto_vinay said:
Hi Asivad,

My AOR is 08th April and I have been requested Schedule A for both the applicants by 20th April.

I have completed the Schedule A form but want to clear 1 doubt (mentioned below) before I submit the same:

For both the applicants, under "Work History" section, I have indicated details of only those jobs for which I am claiming points and under "Personal History" section, I have indicated details for all jobs/everything.

However, earlier while submitting eAPR, I did not provide any LOE to clarify above scenario (i.e. "Work History" section provides details of jobs for which points are claimed while rest other/all jobs/details are in "Personal History" section).

Do you recommend to provide LOE regarding above confusion with Schedule A form or should I not confuse them for unnecessary LOE (assuming that they will understand this scenario)

Please provide your view.
Thanks in advance
No, you're fine, and basically that is how it should be done- you list employment you are claiming points and experience for in the work history section of your profile, and you list employment you weren't claiming points for in the Personal History section. As long as you did this in your eAPR, and also in your Schedule A, you should be good to go.

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

We will be reaching Canada in May 2nd week. For the POF, we are planning to take Travellers Cheque for $12000 and $3143 as cash with us.

What documents, other than the Letter from Bank reg the FD, are required to be carried by us along with the above funds?

If we are carrying jewellery, should we state its worth in the Declaration Form?

Thanks in advance,
RJ

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Hi Asivad,
I am filling out a spouse application for my wife after receiving PR via EE FSW. There is a part of the form that requires her parents name. The problem we having is her parents have changed their names since her birth so the name on the birth certificate will be different from the name we will put down on the form. Both her parents are now deceased by the way.

Also as we have already included their new names in my EE application we can’t just put their names down as it appears on the birth certificate. As they are both dead we have no access to any prove of change of name. Bearing all this in mind what do you reckon we should do?

1. Get a sworn affidavit and explain in a letter of explanation
2. Only explain in a letter of explanation and don’t get an affidavit
3. Anything else you can think of?

Regards,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crazydesifool said:
Hi Asivad, I have the same situation as Hpatel here.. I too gained my experience in implied status and submitted my application in December, it's been 4 months now and I haven't ordered any GCMS notes so I have no idea about what is the status of my application. Do you suggest, I should also send a CSE with more evidence regarding the experience gained in implied status?
Order GCMS notes. If it is the exact same situation, no harm in explaining everything via CSE presuming you didn't explain this already in your application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsome_zombie said:
Hello Asivad,

I got my RPRF fee request on Friday Apr 16.

Just last friday they refused my BOWP, saying that my PR is still not eligible, as it is still under review and this week they sent me letter requesting for my landing fee. CIC is very weird. I have quick question for you.

I applied for the BOWP on Feb 26 as my current WP was expiring on Feb 28 2016, BOWP got refused.

Technical i have 3months to apply for status change (implied or something), right?
Now since my profile has been made eligible and fee has been paid, in the category that i have applied, so is there any need for me to apply for the visitor visa?

Should i apply for the visitor visa and get implied status, coz now on the last step, i waiting for the request from them for the PPR and can i land at the border, will there be any hassle or do i need to be on status implied or something in order to do the landing??

Plz advise, i will apply for the visitor visa accordingly.
Restoration of status . You have 90 days to do that and you should stop working right away as you're out of status already. You can try challenging the BOWP refusal on the grounds of having been asked to pay RPRF but you would still need to confirm if your application passed R10 completeness check - that can be checked via GCMS notes. The best case scenario would involve you getting your PPR within 90 days - it may well happen like that but you cannot take that for granted without knowing application details - apply for GCMS right away.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpr said:
hi Asivad Anac
thanks for your prompt reply.

My current valid passport has surname as my name after marriage and not my maiden name. However my work history documents prior to 2010 and wes document has my surname with maiden name. Thats why I indicated that I used another name.
Is this correct or should I answer the question as No?
Perfectly fine. Attach a notarized affidavit confirming that you have 2 versions of your name across multiple documents.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
Asivad Anac said:
Order GCMS notes. If it is the exact same situation, no harm in explaining everything via CSE presuming you didn't explain this already in your application.
At the time of submitting my application, I explained the same in my my LOE... saying I gained my experience in implied status.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj1jr said:
Hi Asivad,

We will be reaching Canada in May 2nd week. For the POF, we are planning to take Travellers Cheque for $12000 and $3143 as cash with us.

What documents, other than the Letter from Bank reg the FD, are required to be carried by us along with the above funds?

If the requirement for 2 individuals is $15,143 and you have no other dependents, you may choose to take additional documentation but it isn't required. Declare upfront that you're carrying this amount.

If we are carrying jewellery, should we state its worth in the Declaration Form?

Yes. And you'll need to take photographs as well.

Thanks in advance,
RJ

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Perfectly fine. Attach a notarized affidavit confirming that you have 2 versions of your name across multiple documents.
dear asivad i sent you a PM would be very thankfyul if you can reply

thanks a lot

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Londo said:
Hi Asivad,
I am filling out a spouse application for my wife after receiving PR via EE FSW. There is a part of the form that requires her parents name. The problem we having is her parents have changed their names since her birth so the name on the birth certificate will be different from the name we will put down on the form. Both her parents are now deceased by the way.

Also as we have already included their new names in my EE application we can’t just put their names down as it appears on the birth certificate. As they are both dead we have no access to any prove of change of name. Bearing all this in mind what do you reckon we should do?

1. Get a sworn affidavit and explain in a letter of explanation
2. Only explain in a letter of explanation and don’t get an affidavit
3. Anything else you can think of?

Regards,
Sworn affidavit should work. Include any/all documentation you can get to prove that there was indeed a change of name (if possible) AND that they are deceased (must have). The fact that they are deceased would probably simplify the procedure because there wouldn't be any further downstream requirements.

An alternative would be to submit a different document of identity other than the birth certificate. But if it is a mandatory submission, you'll have to make the affidavit.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crazydesifool said:
At the time of submitting my application, I explained the same in my my LOE... saying I gained my experience in implied status.
Then you don't have to repeat the same now. Apply for GCMS notes to find out what's happening with your application.

All the best!

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
Asivad Anac said:
Then you don't have to repeat the same now. Apply for GCMS notes to find out what's happening with your application.

All the best!
Thanks, will do the same.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Sworn affidavit should work. Include any/all documentation you can get to prove that there was indeed a change of name (if possible) AND that they are deceased (must have). The fact that they are deceased would probably simplify the procedure because there wouldn't be any further downstream requirements.

An alternative would be to submit a different document of identity other than the birth certificate. But if it is a mandatory submission, you'll have to make the affidavit.
Thank you very much.

Here is the instruction. Will I be right in thinking I could get away without sending her birth certificate?

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR
If you are being sponsored by your parent, you must provide proof of the relationship such as birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document naming your parents.
If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, you must send evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as wedding photos or proof that you are partners, letters between you and your sponsor, and telephone bills showing contact between you and your sponsor.