+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

bobzritz

Mar 22, 2016
Hi Asivad Sir,

A quick question !!! Most of the applicants had taken a smart decision by paying the RPRF Upfront. I haven't paid yet, and they haven't requested it yet. However, in our application, background check went into progress on April 1st 2016. Is this normal? Ours is a FSW Outland application, a bit apprehensive of when we could get the "golden mail". Has there been instances where the Background check goes into "In progress" prior to the RPRF Request? Can you please throw some light into this?

AOR is Nov 3rd. Medicals have been passed on Nov 5th. No movement, ghost mail or updates until April 1st when background went into In Progress. Can you please advise us what could be the possible outcomes? When could i possibly expect the RPRF request? Has it ever been that RPRF and PPR mail comes together at same time?? Very curious here.

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charlink123 said:
Hello Asivad. Can I have another question regarding on the CEC express entry application. I have a canadian master degree and a foreign bachelor degree. Do I need to submit documents for the both of them in the "education" section? I only mention that I have master degree in education part of EE questionnaire and I plan to submit this one. But I do have to include my bachelor degree in the personal history section (because it seems the system requires all the history since 18 years old).

Include the Bachelors degree in Personal history section alone. As you have a Canadian Masters credential, you don't need to include your Bachelors degree in Education history.

Because I think for a foreign degree, I need to have ECA done and it will take a very long time in my country to process. So is it ok to just upload the canadian degree? I am concerned because I think they may want a bachelor to back up a canadian master.

You don't have to get an ECA done for your Bachelors - doesn't add any CRS points because you get the highest points for Masters degree - hence irrelevant for the purposes of this application.

Thanks a lot.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobzritz said:
Hi Asivad Sir,

A quick question !!! Most of the applicants had taken a smart decision by paying the RPRF Upfront. I haven't paid yet, and they haven't requested it yet. However, in our application, background check went into progress on April 1st 2016. Is this normal? Ours is a FSW Outland application, a bit apprehensive of when we could get the "golden mail". Has there been instances where the Background check goes into "In progress" prior to the RPRF Request? Can you please throw some light into this?

AOR is Nov 3rd. Medicals have been passed on Nov 5th. No movement, ghost mail or updates until April 1st when background went into In Progress. Can you please advise us what could be the possible outcomes? When could i possibly expect the RPRF request? Has it ever been that RPRF and PPR mail comes together at same time?? Very curious here.

Thanks in advance.
There is almost zero predictability when one tries to compare MyCIC status updates with real-time application processing status. There are a bunch of theories on the forum but their guess is as good as yours. Your application appears to be moving well through the system - there are instances in the past where RPRF and PPR came together. So hang in there, shouldn't be too long a wait now.

Have you applied for GCMS notes already?

All the best!

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Hi Asivad and others,

I would like your opinion regarding reference letter.

If I had 2 positions in my current company, do I also have to provide T4's and NOAs for 1st, unskilled position, or just for declared, skilled one? And also does my letter has to state annual salary and hours worked per week for both or just for the declared one?

Thank you

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Our PR application (FSW inland) has been approved!! I had a question about landing for inland applicants and was wondering if you could help us.

I am currently in Ontario, working on a PGWP. My husband's OWP application was refused on Feb and so he lost his status (and had to quit job). Since then he has applied for restoration of status as a worker in March. But we haven't heard back on that restoration application.

In the meantime, our PR application (FSW) has been approved.

My question is:

1. Will it be possible to land at the border as my husband does not have status? I found this on the CIC website, but it doesn't not mention what to do for those who lost status and have applied for restoration: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

Take care and hope you have a fabulous day!
-naomi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnny123 said:
Hi Asivad and others,

I would like your opinion regarding reference letter.

If I had 2 positions in my current company, do I also have to provide T4's and NOAs for 1st, unskilled position, or just for declared, skilled one? And also does my letter has to state annual salary and hours worked per week for both or just for the declared one?

Thank you
Having relevant information just for the declared position would suffice. The unskilled position would net you 0 points so it doesn't matter to your application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NaomiA said:
Hi Asivad,

Our PR application (FSW inland) has been approved!! I had a question about landing for inland applicants and was wondering if you could help us.

I am currently in Ontario, working on a PGWP. My husband's OWP application was refused on Feb and so he lost his status (and had to quit job). Since then he has applied for restoration of status as a worker in March. But we haven't heard back on that restoration application.

In the meantime, our PR application (FSW) has been approved.

My question is:

1. Will it be possible to land at the border as my husband does not have status? I found this on the CIC website, but it doesn't not mention what to do for those who lost status and have applied for restoration: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

Take care and hope you have a fabulous day!
-naomi
Shouldn't be a problem but I recommend trying to get an appointment at the IRCC offices first. If you want to flagpole, you can try that as well. In either case, carry the proof of having applied for restoration along with COPR.

Congratulations & All the best!

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Shouldn't be a problem but I recommend trying to get an appointment at the IRCC offices first. If you want to flagpole, you can try that as well. In either case, carry the proof of having applied for restoration along with COPR.

Congratulations & All the best!
Thanks so much! This is helpful :)

At one point we were thinking of landing at an IRCC office near us. I hear that takes a couple of months (to get an appointment etc). I'm really tempted to just land at the border - but of course if there is a risk to our stay/return in Canada, then we might just need to wait the additional months....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NaomiA said:
Thanks so much! This is helpful :)

At one point we were thinking of landing at an IRCC office near us. I hear that takes a couple of months (to get an appointment etc). I'm really tempted to just land at the border - but of course if there is a risk to our stay/return in Canada, then we might just need to wait the additional months....
The only risk here is that they invalidate your COPR after you flagpole leaving your spouse without any status in Canada barring the pendency of their restoration application. Even in that worst case scenario, you would still be allowed entry as you have valid status. I don't see any reasons for border officers to invalidate your COPR - IRCC approved it based on a certain set of preconditions and it shouldn't be a hassle at the land border if you can show up with all required documentation. Apparently some officers at land borders frown on the whole 'flagpoling' thing so be prepared to run into a particularly grumpy/sourly officer. Even with those officers, having all documentation, communicating clearly and not volunteering too much information would go a long distance.

All the best!

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Dear Asivad,

We discussed some time back and you suggested me to withdraw my ITA. so I declined it.

This time, I am going to show only the below two jobs for 1 year of Canadian work experience for CEC.

Giving some detailed information
- I applied for the post-graduate work permit on 24-Feb-2015.
- My study permit was valid till 31-March-2015. From 1-April-2015, I was on implied status till 7-May-2015.
- But the date issue of PGWP is on 8-May-2015.

Job1 : Company A
Duration : 8-May-2015 to 08-Aug-2015
Total weeks: 13 weeks and 1 day (Will they consider entire 13 weeks or just 6.5 weeks bcos of part-time?)
Hours/week : 18 hrs
Total hours : 234

Note: 09-Aug-2015 to 16-Aug-2016, I didn't work.

Job2: Company B
Duration : 17-Aug-2015 to 15-May-2016
Total weeks : 39 weeks
Hours/week : 37.5
Total hours : 1357.5

Eligibility criteria for CEC:
1) 52 weeks - (based on PGWP, 08-May-2015 to 07-May-2016, 52 weeks and 2 days). Which of the below scenario is correct for me?
Case1: Job1 (13 weeks) + Job2 (39 weeks) = Total (52 weeks)
Case2: Job1 (6.5 weeks) + Job2 (39 weeks) = Total (45.5 weeks), In this case, I require 6.5 weeks more. Then I will complete my 1 year only on 1st week of July.
2) 1560 hours - (234 + 1357.5 = 1591.5)

Is my understanding correct?

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
In eAPR, for my Education (Bachelors), Can I only upload => ECA from WES & Degree of Bachelors?
Are Marksheets of my bachelors education must to upload? Please clarify

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
talkto_vinay said:
In eAPR, for my Education (Bachelors), Can I only upload => ECA from WES & Degree of Bachelors?
Are Marksheets of my bachelors education must to upload? Please clarify
no, only the degree and (optionally) the ECA

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my friends has more than 10 years foreign experience in his main NOC occupation.

When he came to Canada, he worked in a different NOC job, he has only been here for few months and asking :
Will the 2 different NOC experience count ? are the points given for the main NOC only or any job NOC ??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nalanda said:
Dear Asivad,

We discussed some time back and you suggested me to withdraw my ITA. so I declined it.

This time, I am going to show only the below two jobs for 1 year of Canadian work experience for CEC.

Giving some detailed information
- I applied for the post-graduate work permit on 24-Feb-2015.
- My study permit was valid till 31-March-2015. From 1-April-2015, I was on implied status till 7-May-2015.
- But the date issue of PGWP is on 8-May-2015.

Job1 : Company A
Duration : 8-May-2015 to 08-Aug-2015
Total weeks: 13 weeks and 1 day (Will they consider entire 13 weeks or just 6.5 weeks bcos of part-time?)
Hours/week : 18 hrs
Total hours : 234

Note: 09-Aug-2015 to 16-Aug-2016, I didn't work.

Job2: Company B
Duration : 17-Aug-2015 to 15-May-2016
Total weeks : 39 weeks
Hours/week : 37.5
Total hours : 1357.5

Eligibility criteria for CEC:
1) 52 weeks - (based on PGWP, 08-May-2015 to 07-May-2016, 52 weeks and 2 days). Which of the below scenario is correct for me?
Case1: Job1 (13 weeks) + Job2 (39 weeks) = Total (52 weeks)
Case2: Job1 (6.5 weeks) + Job2 (39 weeks) = Total (45.5 weeks), In this case, I require 6.5 weeks more. Then I will complete my 1 year only on 1st week of July.
2) 1560 hours - (234 + 1357.5 = 1591.5)

Is my understanding correct?
That is correct.

Except that it will be about 8 weeks instead of 6.5 weeks because you'll get 60% (18/30) credit for that part-time experience. Hence as on 15th May 2016, you will have 47 (39+8) weeks of CWE.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdotk said:
One of my friends has more than 10 years foreign experience in his main NOC occupation.

When he came to Canada, he worked in a different NOC job, he has only been here for few months and asking :
Will the 2 different NOC experience count ? are the points given for the main NOC only or any job NOC ??
Both experiences will count if they were under NOC 0/A/B, paid jobs and within the last 10 years. Additionally, any Canadian work experience acquired while being a full-time student doesn't count towards CWE points under CRS.