Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priya2808 said:
Hi Asivad,

Please help I submitted my application on 6th May , and yesterday received a message to upload my passport again ( no other detail mentioned).

I checked my uploaded passport file which i had saved on my computer and realized that the file was not opening so probably it was corrupted. The issue is that I uploaded the original scan copy of my current valid passport with the biographical page and the stamps and a notarized copy of the expired passport with all the stamp and biographical page. I have a huge travel history so thought its best to upload current and old both But the issue is

I read somewhere that a notarized copy is not valid . Do you think they will refuse my application and just close the file as incomplete submission? Or will they ask to submit the right document?

Please suggest am getting really worried
All you need to submit is a scanned image of the bio page(s) of your valid passport. No stamps required, no notarized copy of expired passport required, no blank pages required.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaiamcoming said:
Received ITA but has few queries:
Background:
1. Received ITA
2. Has sibling in Canada.

Need guidance for following queries after ITA. Following are some confusions regarding EE customized checklist.

Checklist for PA:

1. Proof of Relationship (Required) - Birth Certificate & Indian PP of sibling in Canada to prove relationship. My sibling has birth certificate but I do not have birth certificate.

You'll need some documents that can prove your relationship.

2. Passports / Travel Documents (Multiple) (Required) – Have 2 cancelled passports & 1 recent passport – Have to upload all pages of all passport or all pages of recent passport only. Had 3 weeks foreign travel in cancelled passport, do need to provide entry & exit pages of the said Passport.

Just the bio page(s) of your current passport.

3. Police Certificate (multiple) (required) – Stayed at only 1 address since birth however required multiple PCC.

'Multiple' is a generic term, doesn't apply to every applicant. In your case, just 1 PCC required.

4. Digital Photo: 50 x 70 or 35 x 45

5. Family member proof of status (required) – citizenship certificate and other proof of residence of sibling in Canada

Checklist for Spouse:

1. Legal name change doc. (required) – Name changed after marriage – We do not have any legal documents for change name as it is changed as per Indian custom.

Notarized affidavit declaring the same.

2. Passports / Travel Documents (Multiple) (Required) – Have 1 cancelled passport (Maiden Name) and a recent passport with spouse name and surname - Have to provide all pages of all passport or all pages of recent passport only. Had 3 weeks foreign travel in cancelled passport, do need to provide entry –exit pages of the said Passport.

3. Employment records – for occupation declared (required) – Foreign experience - No points in CRS. – has to be in line with IRCC requirement or just reference letter will suffice. We cannot provide reference letter as per IRCC requirement. No points in CRS.

If no points in CRS, upload whatever you have as it makes no difference to your application.

4. Education (Diploma / Degrees) (required) – ECA not available – No points in CRS. - can submit only transcripts & certificates.

If no points in CRS, upload whatever you have as it makes no difference to your application.

5. Police Certificate (multiple) (required) – will get from Passport Office. Do we need to get PCC for both address i.e. address before marriage and address after marriage.

Explained earlier. Only 1 PCC required.

priya2808

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th may 2016
Med's Done....
16 may 2016
Thanx Asivad, you are a savior but what if I have already submitted will that be a problem

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CPRaspirant said:
Hi Seniors ,

I have a query regarding addition of my new born daughter in Saskatchewan nomination program .

As per SINP application guide :-
Dependent family members that are not included in your application cannot be nominated for permanent residence as part of your SINP application at a later date.

As per request for revision form :-

Nomination will not be revised for a change in family composition .

Please help me understand what should i do .
Send them a mail, they will include the child in this application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi,

I had a few questions.

1. How much time does it take for the PR after the EAOR ? Is there an average timeline ? We got an EAOR towards the end of Jan 16.

4+ months on average.

2. Are there any websites where one can look for jobs in Canada ?

Yes. Check other sections of the forum for support.

3. Can the PA change jobs in between the EAOR and the PR ?

Yes.

4. Can the PA relocate to another city ?

Yes.

5. Once the PR has been received, within how much time does the PA have to enter the country ?

Typically less than a year. COPR expiry is tied to medicals expiry (1 year validity) or passport expiry, whichever is earlier.

regards,

priya2808

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th may 2016
Med's Done....
16 may 2016
Also Asivad I am a FST applicant with Job offer and LMIA do I need to show proof of funds as the new document checklist states that proof of funds is not required if you have a valid job offer and are currently working in Canada. I am not currently working in Canada.

God bless you for all the help you have been giving to people

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priya2808 said:
Also Asivad I am a FST applicant with Job offer and LMIA do I need to show proof of funds as the new document checklist states that proof of funds is not required if you have a valid job offer and are currently working in Canada. I am not currently working in Canada.

God bless you for all the help you have been giving to people
If you have an LMIA supported job offer (and 600 additional points), you are exempted from POF requirements.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Dear Asivad

I got my CoPR papers from Canada Embassy in NewYork . I did submit the photos in 50 * 70 mm .
But they cropped my photo to smaller size and stick into the COPR . When i checked with embassy they said

"The photos are cropped to a standard Canadian passport photo size for the CoPR letter. This is standard for this type of letter."

Is there anything to worry ? Or will CIC ask me to resubmit the photographs for PR card later , since it is not in new dimension.

Am so worried , because i was thinking for soft landing ... and am scared if this picture issue will delay the PR card process.
Nothing to worry here.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien86 said:
Dear Asivad,

Which one do you think would be the visa office reviewing our application: Home Country visa office or Visa Office that appears as Primary Visa Office on GSCM notes (in my case Paris)?

By the way, I am a FSW outlander

Thanks again!
The one that appears on your latest GCMS note comments.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Casperenoch said:
Hi Asivad,

Thank you very much for all your help so far; very much appreciated. I have a new query; I received a passport request yesterday (with a 30 day deadline). My wife is pregnant and is expected to give birth in about 35 days in the US.

The way i see it; we have got 2 options:

1. We request the visa processing office to extend the deadline until after the birth of our baby? This would enable us add the baby to my application etc. I am just not sure if this reason would be acceptable and the implication on timelines etc.

2. We send our passports to the office and get our COPR/Visas; once the baby is born we inform IRCC and submit whatever they ask for.

What would you advise? Is there another alternative course of action you would suggest?
1st is unlikely to work. 2nd will work.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pavel123 said:
Hello Asivad,

I need your help please. There's no hope for OINP so thinking of other ways.

I am married and approaching 2 years of work experience under CEC. Do you think I can say my spouse is not accompanying me to get 469 points? Can application be refused because of that?

Thanks a lot !
You can choose to do that. Only you will get the PR though.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skyler White said:
Hi
Both me and my fiance have got COPR as individual applicants since our applications were completely independent and we did not get any additional points for spouse also.
However, we are now planning to get married right before we leave for Canada. Our current passports naturally do not have "Spouse Name" added.

Can anybody please let us know whether it would be misinterpretation of info. since we would land there married without this being reflected in our passports??

Do we need to get the COPR again on new changed passports?? Is addition of spouse a mandatory requirement??

Please help!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks a bunch....
This would be borderline misrepresentation. Shouldn't be a problem as neither of you will have to sponsor the other spouse but it is still prudent to inform IRCC about the marriage and get your COPRs amended before you land in Canada. Any other solution would require you to 'lie' to the officer at the POE about your marital status or it would involve explaining your situation - that could probably be either a quick or long and tiring conversation depending on the officer.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edapras said:
Hello Asivad,
I am an Inland FSW and a JAN AOR. I uploaded my payslips in the proof of funds and also showed 10000$ in my Indian account and 6000$ in my Canadian account. I recently uploaded my T4 statement through CSE. Due to a personal emergency i had to use some of the funds that were present in my Indian account. Will this be a problem? Please help. Thanks in advance.
Have you/will you replace them in the near future? Normally, IRCC doesn't ask for updated POF but it is a good practice to maintain the funds untouched throughout the process.

priya2808

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th may 2016
Med's Done....
16 may 2016
Hi Asivad,

THis is what the following link reads on POF cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
•you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
•you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

So I am currently not working in Canada and as a cook yet don't have a red seal which authorizes me to work in Canada that is what I understand. Correct me if I am wrong or does authorize mean that I have an approved LMIA