+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thai PRV application timeline/details/experience

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hello!
Sorry about the massive delay in sending out some of my application information! I want everyone to know that this process of obtaining a Permanent Resident Visa is a long, stressful time during which I give much credit to my wife and my family for being patient and positive throughout the wait. And a long wait it is... for us, not as long as others, but I wish everyone good luck and hope the results are in your favour!

I hope that this time-line with details/expereince can help others dealing with this process but please know that it is not a set-template of what to expect as everyone situation is different and what you give CIC may also be different.

First step (the biggest!) was I made sure I knew what we were getting into. Falling in love with my wife was the natural step but dealing with immigration and international borders is the serious legal step, so knowledge and patience were very important. I researched as much as I could from all the forms required by CIC to websites to lawyers (on-the-phone advice!). It is not always easy to just "read the forms" like some say but it is the best answer to the question "I don't understand what they need!". Please take the time and read as a mistake can cost you much time in delay.

Medicals done November 20, 2008
- you have 1 year from this date until they expire so we did it last!

Application filed November 21, 2008
- we sent EVERYTHING to CPC-Mississauga
- CPC-M deals with me (sponsor) then if I'm ok, CPC-M forwards the file to Singapore
- over 4 inches thick and about 2-3 kgs (this is what we had, everyone can be DIFFERENT!!)

Sponsorship approved December 19, 2008
- this was confusing for me as I used e-cas for the first time, make sure you log into e-cas as the sponsor for sponsor information or log in as the applicant for the applicant information :S

Singapore receives file January 6, 2009
- this was the last thing we saw on e-cas for about 3 months, we thought they forgot about us! No need to bother them with emails or phone calls as their website says they won't respond to queries unless your application is taking forever!

PCC requested April 25, 2009
- this letter took about 2 weeks to get to us (holiday festivals delayed Thai-Post) and the PCC was kind of a pain to get since we didn't live in Bkk.
- we finally sent the PCC May 14

Passport requested June 4, 2009
- we nervously mailed it EMS (express) June 10 and received the passport back, with the visa, exactly 2 weeks later, just like the other Thai applicants experienced.

Once we received the passport with the visa, we then planned our trip back home. We purchased tickets and landed in Vancouver June 30, 2009. We came into Canada with just our clothes and few possessions (including wedding stuff) with nothing to follow. The immigration staff we SUPER friendly to us and the IO asked a few questions to my wife. She had no problems answering them. I remember the IO asking questions like "where are you going to live", "have you been married before", "do you have any kids previously or with your current husband", "how much money do you have on you?". The IO didn't even care about the declaration forms (B4A forms). He had her sign the copy of her COPR and he said "Welcome to Canada" and "Good luck with your wedding!". The meeting/interview took 10 minutes with th IO.

Unexpected experience in Vancouver but at the end of the process, it worked out pretty good as I cannot complain about the landing at all. I've heard some crazy stories from friends and forum members here regarding IO's and it makes me shiver to know that good luck like ours is hard to come by.

I want to wish everyone out there who is dealing with this process, good luck, and I hope any of this information helps aid their process or even calms them! Thank you to all the member that have helped me and my wife in this process and believe me when I write, there are people in this forum that hold a wealth of immigration knowledge. At the same time, please know that in the end it is you that determines the outcome of the process. Be honest, be patient, and be smart (know your stuff and read up)!

canthai... out

Oronno

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Congratulation and thanks for sharing your details experience. But if you mention a bit more about what docs you provided for proving the genuine relation, it might help us all.

One short query, is it possible to submiy PCC along with the application to CPC-M?

Thanks and all the best for your future.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canthai said:
Hello!
Sorry about the massive delay in sending out some of my application information! I want everyone to know that this process of obtaining a Permanent Resident Visa is a long, stressful time during which I give much credit to my wife and my family for being patient and positive throughout the wait. And a long wait it is... for us, not as long as others, but I wish everyone good luck and hope the results are in your favour!

I hope that this time-line with details/expereince can help others dealing with this process but please know that it is not a set-template of what to expect as everyone situation is different and what you give CIC may also be different.

First step (the biggest!) was I made sure I knew what we were getting into. Falling in love with my wife was the natural step but dealing with immigration and international borders is the serious legal step, so knowledge and patience were very important. I researched as much as I could from all the forms required by CIC to websites to lawyers (on-the-phone advice!). It is not always easy to just "read the forms" like some say but it is the best answer to the question "I don't understand what they need!". Please take the time and read as a mistake can cost you much time in delay.

Medicals done November 20, 2008
- you have 1 year from this date until they expire so we did it last!

Application filed November 21, 2008
- we sent EVERYTHING to CPC-Mississauga
- CPC-M deals with me (sponsor) then if I'm ok, CPC-M forwards the file to Singapore
- over 4 inches thick and about 2-3 kgs (this is what we had, everyone can be DIFFERENT!!)

Sponsorship approved December 19, 2008
- this was confusing for me as I used e-cas for the first time, make sure you log into e-cas as the sponsor for sponsor information or log in as the applicant for the applicant information :S

Singapore receives file January 6, 2009
- this was the last thing we saw on e-cas for about 3 months, we thought they forgot about us! No need to bother them with emails or phone calls as their website says they won't respond to queries unless your application is taking forever!

PCC requested April 25, 2009
- this letter took about 2 weeks to get to us (holiday festivals delayed Thai-Post) and the PCC was kind of a pain to get since we didn't live in Bkk.
- we finally sent the PCC May 14

Passport requested June 4, 2009
- we nervously mailed it EMS (express) June 10 and received the passport back, with the visa, exactly 2 weeks later, just like the other Thai applicants experienced.

Once we received the passport with the visa, we then planned our trip back home. We purchased tickets and landed in Vancouver June 30, 2009. We came into Canada with just our clothes and few possessions (including wedding stuff) with nothing to follow. The immigration staff we SUPER friendly to us and the IO asked a few questions to my wife. She had no problems answering them. I remember the IO asking questions like "where are you going to live", "have you been married before", "do you have any kids previously or with your current husband", "how much money do you have on you?". The IO didn't even care about the declaration forms (B4A forms). He had her sign the copy of her COPR and he said "Welcome to Canada" and "Good luck with your wedding!". The meeting/interview took 10 minutes with th IO.

Unexpected experience in Vancouver but at the end of the process, it worked out pretty good as I cannot complain about the landing at all. I've heard some crazy stories from friends and forum members here regarding IO's and it makes me shiver to know that good luck like ours is hard to come by.

I want to wish everyone out there who is dealing with this process, good luck, and I hope any of this information helps aid their process or even calms them! Thank you to all the member that have helped me and my wife in this process and believe me when I write, there are people in this forum that hold a wealth of immigration knowledge. At the same time, please know that in the end it is you that determines the outcome of the process. Be honest, be patient, and be smart (know your stuff and read up)!

canthai... out
hey man! congratulations!
It's fast that you got the visa back with passport. I am hoping to get passport back next week since we sent it 2 weeks ago....only thing is we had to deal with IOM.....no way to track whether or not the passport got to Singapore or not.

Oh i have a question for you! While passport mailed to Singapore, did you check Ecas....did Singapore office update anything?

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Oronno said:
Congratulation and thanks for sharing your details experience. But if you mention a bit more about what docs you provided for proving the genuine relation, it might help us all.

One short query, is it possible to submiy PCC along with the application to CPC-M?

Thanks and all the best for your future.
oronno,
If you search my member name you can try to find a lot of my queries dealing with relationship evidence. With my wife and I it was simply gathering photos, remembering dates and what we did with who, printing off old text messages and emails, apartment receipts, etc. We took EVERYTHING we had together and sorted it all out to decide what would prove to any IO that we were a genuine couple.

I don't recommend sending the PCC with you application for 2 reasons. Firstly, in the checklist, they specifically ask for the PCC to be sent once Singapore asks for it and secondly, most applications take longer than 6 months for a decision to be made. In this case, your PCC would expire and you'd have to resend it. But in the end, it is always up to you since you may have good luck and the application may go smoothly! The choice is yours.

Thank you all for the replies!

ct

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
Congrats! I wish I can my mine too.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Canthai!!
I'm so happy to hear your good news! I'm very late reading this forum but I'm back on track. Wow! It happened so quickly for you guys! Nov-June correct?? Amazing!
Well..I hope I can still bother you down the line if I need any advice.
All the best,
thaihubbie