+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Testimonials regarding processing time for E-APR (Express Entry)

KTFH

Jan 13, 2018
Hello, I submitted my E-APR (express entry program) to IRCC about ten days. I would like to know what is the average time that IRCC takes for the complete check of the documents (if there are no issues regarding the documents provided), and what is the time for them to issue the visa?

Has anyone ever worked with Campbell Cohen's cabinet for immigration in Canada, what do you think of him because I I would like to recommend it to one of my acquaintances who wants to immigrate to Canada?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello, I submitted my E-APR (express entry program) to IRCC about ten days. I would like to know what is the average time that IRCC takes for the complete check of the documents (if there are no issues regarding the documents provided), and what is the time for them to issue the visa?

Has anyone ever worked with Campbell Cohen's cabinet for immigration in Canada, what do you think of him because I I would like to recommend it to one of my acquaintances who wants to immigrate to Canada?
If all your documents are in order, the maximum it will take is 6 months. Generally, it will be quicker than that.
Actually, the timeframe can go over 6 months, especially if you are selected for additional security screening. 80% of applications are processed in 6 months or less though. From receipt of AOR to having my visa and COPR in hand, it took a month and a half for me.

KTFH

Jan 13, 2018
Actually, the timeframe can go over 6 months, especially if you are selected for additional security screening. 80% of applications are processed in 6 months or less though. From receipt of AOR to having my visa and COPR in hand, it took a month and a half for me.
Thank you very much crescent_jam for all your information, I really appreciate. I wish you a safe trip and a lot of success for your new life in Canada. I would just like to know if you went through an immigration office or did you do it yourself?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you very much crescent_jam for all your information, I really appreciate. I wish you a safe trip and a lot of success for your new life in Canada. I would just like to know if you went through an immigration office or did you do it yourself?
I completed the process myself. I'm actually not a fan of using consultants for the process - if you have a complicated legal history (e.g. a criminal record) it might be worth seeking the advice of an attorney (not a consultant) but, otherwise, I think the process is easy enough that persons should do it themselves. I have heard too many horror stories of persons being 'screwed over' because they chose to use consultants. In fact, several of my friends in my home country started the immigration process at the same time as I did, and my process ended up being the simplest, quickest, and least problematic because I did it myself, whereas the others chose to utilize a popular lawyer here - one of my friends would actually not have gotten through if it wasn't for me and the valuable information I got from this forum; I was able to catch an application-killing error that the lawyer was about to make and made her confront him about it so he could correct it just in time.

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
I would like to know what is the average time that IRCC takes for the complete check of the documents (if there are no issues regarding the documents provided), and what is the time for them to issue the visa?
There is a calculator tool from IRCC that does exactly that.
How long will it take to process my application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class?

If you insist on a testimonial.. the link above told me 6 months, and it took me 6 months and 12 days.

Last edited:

lee0303

Jan 14, 2018
As of tomorrow, it'll be 7 months since I submitted my complete PR application, and I haven't gotten any updates other than "Medicals passed." That was in July.

So, I don't know how seriously to take the 6 month estimate.

mnaira

Sep 22, 2016
As of tomorrow, it'll be 7 months since I submitted my complete PR application, and I haven't gotten any updates other than "Medicals passed." That was in July.

Blast. Same here, except I submitted mine 4.5 months ago. DO you have a complicated background (traveled a lot, worked at many companies, lived in different countries)?

mnaira

Sep 22, 2016
There is a calculator tool from IRCC that does exactly that.
How long will it take to process my application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class?

If you insist on a testimonial.. the link above told me 6 months, and it took me 6 months and 12 days.
From what i've read, heard and seen, It hugely depends on applicnats (and their dependants) backgrounds. I know people who have gotten their PPR in one month., but there are those who have waitet one year.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed

lee0303

Jan 14, 2018
We are both US citizens (my husband is a dual citizen of Taiwan and the US), and we have a lot of entries in our travel history, but it's for very clear reasons and no trips are longer than 3 weeks. I have never lived anywhere other than the US, and he has lived here continuously since 1998.

I had the same job for 9 years, then have been self-employed for the past 5. I am the primary applicant (due to my age), even though my husband works in the more desired field.

(Hit enter before I was done)

I don't know how complicated of a case that is. Maybe there are lots of cases less complicated than that?

allthebest90

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Average time is about 4-6 months and just like other people here say, that's for about 80% of the applicants.

KTFH

Jan 13, 2018

Hello lee0303, did you proceed yourself or did you go through a consulting firm?

lee0303

Jan 14, 2018
I did it myself. I called an immigration consultant for a free consultation (before submitting the PR app) and explained what I had done thus far, and they said I was very well prepared and didn't need to hire them!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello lee0303, did you proceed yourself or did you go through a consulting firm?
almost everyone here are doing it themselves. in my case hit 6 months 10 days ago and still waiting. haven't heard a whisper in 4 months even though my application went real fast the first two months (medicals passed, NA2 and RPRF request which are the major updates to see throughout) so it really varies from one application to the other

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
almost everyone here are doing it themselves. in my case hit 6 months 10 days ago and still waiting. haven't heard a whisper in 4 months even though my application went real fast the first two months (medicals passed, NA2 and RPRF request which are the major updates to see throughout) so it really varies from one application to the other
Hi
May i know if you have recieved PPR and other related docs ?
How much did CIC took from RPRF to PPR in your case?