+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test tomorrow! Tips to avoid RQ?

tastyh

Feb 6, 2014
Hey there! I finally have my test tomorrow morning. I've compiled quite a bit of documentation to help prove my residency during the 4 year period (T4s, payslips, CBSA report, etc), which I'll bring with me to the interview. I'm wondering if I should present any of this stuff to them without them asking me, or I should keep it quiet unless they bring up any issues with my residency? I'm paranoid because I've had quite a few absences from Canada - mostly short trips to the US, but they add up.

Also, the checklist says to bring all original documentation from when I applied for citizenship - does this mean I need to bring the residency calculator, the application form, passport photos, etc? It seems a bit unnecessary.

Thanks!

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
tastyh said:
Hey there! I finally have my test tomorrow morning. I've compiled quite a bit of documentation to help prove my residency during the 4 year period (T4s, payslips, CBSA report, etc), which I'll bring with me to the interview. I'm wondering if I should present any of this stuff to them without them asking me, or I should keep it quiet unless they bring up any issues with my residency? I'm paranoid because I've had quite a few absences from Canada - mostly short trips to the US, but they add up.

Also, the checklist says to bring all original documentation from when I applied for citizenship - does this mean I need to bring the residency calculator, the application form, passport photos, etc? It seems a bit unnecessary.

Thanks!
Original copy of all the supported document you have submitted to CIC with your application. Also you can take lease or mortgage paper with you. Do not give them all those paper unless asked for it. Don't worry too much you will be fine. Good luck!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Two docs that helped in my interview was a letter from my employer stating that I have been a full-time employee for the past several years and last 5 years of NOA.

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
What if someone doesnt take a CBSA report.. (since the guide said not to order one for yourself and they will get one themselves).. do the interviewers after the test have a copy of the CBSA report that they ordered themselves?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
wanabecanadian said:
What if someone doesnt take a CBSA report.. (since the guide said not to order one for yourself and they will get one themselves).. do the interviewers after the test have a copy of the CBSA report that they ordered themselves?
For my interview, the interviewer did not have the report with her as far as I could see. She checked all my stamps in my passports and matched it with the dates on the residency calculator. Some trips I didn't have a stamp for (since I became a Nexus member I stopped getting stamps on trips to/from the US) and she asked me about a few of them and that was it.

I think they will have a CBSA report if they already have some questions about you trips and residency (some red flags). If they are not suspicious then they don't bring it.

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
thanks keesio, so did you have the report with you? also were you able to get the oath invitation on the spot?

keesio said:
For my interview, the interviewer did not have the report with her as far as I could see. She checked all my stamps in my passports and matched it with the dates on the residency calculator. Some trips I didn't have a stamp for (since I became a Nexus member I stopped getting stamps on trips to/from the US) and she asked me about a few of them and that was it.

I think they will have a CBSA report if they already have some questions about you trips and residency (some red flags). If they are not suspicious then they don't bring it.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
wanabecanadian said:
thanks keesio, so did you have the report with you? also were you able to get the oath invitation on the spot?
I didn't bring any report.

I did get oath invite on the same day (Mississauga office)