+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test passed but got finger print letter

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
Hello I passed my test today but officer gave me finger print request (letter was typed and dated 10 June)

Now my questions are
Is my application non routine now ?
How long it takes for RSMP to send result to cic ?

My application details

Application received - 29 sep 2014
lOT - 18 dec 2014
Test passed and got finger print request- 18 jun 2015
Office - calgary

Your responses will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Abidcro,

I am not very sure, but going by CIC description, unfortunately your application may fall under "non-routine" category. More experienced members can comment on this.

Just one suggestion! If you submit paper-based fingerprints (obtained for free in any local RCMP office) to RCMP, processing could take really long time (~ 1-4 months). In the interest of expediting your application, I would suggest that you go to "Commissionaires" and pay the extra fees (~ $50-60) to get your digital fingerprints for submission to RCMP. In the latter case, your could get fingerprint check done within 2-4 weeks. I am just mentioning the duration information based on my memory from few years ago and could have changed now, but I guess submission of digital fingerprints could still be much faster! I wish you good luck with the rest of your processing!

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
Thanks for reply ,From test centre I went straight to place where digital finger prints are done , I did digital finger print and soft copy of my prints are sent to RCMP by that office , now let's what happens next

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry do it urgently . Now a days in most cases not significant delay when you received Fingerprint request. only the time when fingerprint transfer from RCMP to CIC which is two week about will add in your whole process. Go for digital prints as adviced by Nainarvet.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
From where did you get your fingerprints done?

One of my friend got his fingerprints original from RCMP and he thought that it is the copy for his records and he kept it however CIC mailed him a letter after few months asking for fingerprints again and that's how he realized that the fingerprints that he has are the originals. Once he submitted the originals he got the test invite in a month and he gave the test and is now waiting for oath.

Sometimes the fingerprinting agency or RCMP sends the results to the applicant instead to CIC.
Bottom line is that if you receive fingerprint results mailed to your address then make sure you confirm with RCMP or from the fingerprint agency from where you got your fingerprints done that the ones you have are originals or not. If its the original then make sure you forward it to CIC on time.

Good luck!

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
thanks ar_fabrics & thecoolguysam , I did finger prints in L1- identity solutions , my finger prints were taken digitally and was transferred to RCMP on the spot , so as soon as I received any kind of letter from RCMP I will contact CIC and agency as well thanks for help

thecoolguysam can u please tell me after how many days or weeks your friend got letter from RCMP after he did his finger prints

thanks

Jun 18, 2015
abidcro said:
Hello I passed my test today but officer gave me finger print request (letter was typed and dated 10 June)

Now my questions are

My application details

lOT - 18 dec 2014
Office - calgary

Thanks
No no it's fine

The application is just like going through a hard verification it's fine :)

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
hi , I got finger print request after 4 months of submitting application.

Application Send = 29 April 2014
Start processing = 2 July 2014
Request for Finger print from Calgary office = 10 September 2014
Test = 3 June 2015
oath = Waiting

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
abidcro said:
thanks ar_fabrics & thecoolguysam , I did finger prints in L1- identity solutions , my finger prints were taken digitally and was transferred to RCMP on the spot , so as soon as I received any kind of letter from RCMP I will contact CIC and agency as well thanks for help

thecoolguysam can u please tell me after how many days or weeks your friend got letter from RCMP after he did his finger prints

thanks
I am not too sure however, it might be within a month I think.

canbest

Oct 27, 2014
Hi Abidcro,
We also took the test at Calgary last month and my wife was handed out the fingerprint form after the interview. We got them done the same day. RCMP takes 72 hours to complete the process if there is no match. The fingerprints will not be sent to you unless you specifically asked for them at L1 Identity office. They are directly sent by RCMP to CIC. You can email RCMP after 2-3 days requesting the status of your fingerprints. They responded to me in about 7 days. They had sent the letter to CIC in 48 hours. I called CIC to check if they had received them but they refused to answer anything.
Do you have a family application or a single one? Are you the primary applicant?

abidcro said:

Now my questions are

My application details

lOT - 18 dec 2014
Office - calgary

Thanks

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
So just what is the procedure when you get this fingerprint request?

When you go to the RCMP, do you give them the letter? And do they give you the results first or do they send them right away to the CIC office handling your application?

and...why didn't the CIC do this check BEFORE the test? Or is it a result of them deliberately setting aside applications?

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
Canbest thanks for reply , in my application I have my 6 year old daughter included with me , total 2 people me and my daughter, please be in contact if u received any info let me know

Erjopa cic will give u finger print letter and u will take letter to agency where fingerprint is done