+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test invite-certified translation of any passport pages

Streetparty

Sep 27, 2016
Hi,

Test invite letter requires to bring "certified translation of any passport pages that have visas/ entry/exit stamps that not in English or French".

Did everyone do this for the test and interview? Thanks

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
I did, but the interviewer was not interested in seeing the translations...

Reactions: Katayoon

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
If they cannot decipher those foreign stamps they need to be translated otherwise, if they want to see the translation, it will prolong the process. My agent checked every stamp in my passport and there were many! Fortunately none in a foreign language.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
If they cannot decipher those foreign stamps they need to be translated otherwise, if they want to see the translation, it will prolong the process. My agent checked every stamp in my passport and there were many! Fortunately none in a foreign language.
Out of curiosity, are there agents who assist citizenship applications?

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
Hi,

Test invite letter requires to bring "certified translation of any passport pages that have visas/ entry/exit stamps that not in English or French".

Did everyone do this for the test and interview? Thanks
There is a possibility that the officer will ask for the translation.
It is up to you if you want to take the risk.
In my case, he asked for a translation to any passport that has a validity date after my landing date even if that passport was cancelled before my landing date.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a possibility that the officer will ask for the translation.
It is up to you if you want to take the risk.
In my case, he asked for a translation to any passport that has a validity date after my landing date even if that passport was cancelled before my landing date.
And how did you submit them? By mail following your test? And if you don't mind sharing - did you have a lot of dates in arabic alphabet numbers or numbers of other non-latin alphabets?

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
And how did you submit them? By mail following your test? And if you don't mind sharing - did you have a lot of dates in arabic alphabet numbers or numbers of other non-latin alphabets?
I mailed it to them two days after the test. My ecas was changes to DM the second day they received the translation!

All the stamps that I have are in Arabic numbers. Some of the dates are in "Hijri" Calendar.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mailed it to them two days after the test. My ecas was changes to DM the second day they received the translation!

All the stamps that I have are in Arabic numbers. Some of the dates are in "Hijri" Calendar.
Yeah that is what I guessed too - persian calendar is a pain too for foreigners. Well, glad it worked out so fast for you - Thanks a lot for sharing.