+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test & Interview

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Yes, same with me. They never asked for the photocopies of the passports. The officer just checked the 2 original pieces of IDs, passports, pr card etc.
Couldn't 2 pieces of IDs be PR card and health card?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Soopergal said:
Couldn't 2 pieces of IDs be PR card and health card?
During the interview the officer checked the two pieces of ID whose copies I submitted with the initial application and he verified those copies by marking a tick mark next to the photocopies after looking at the originals IDs

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
thecoolguysam said:
During the interview the officer checked the two pieces of ID whose copies I submitted with the application and he verified those copies by marking a tick mark after looking at the originals IDs
Did they also check your passport for stamps or asked about your absences etc?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
mailvdutt said:
Did they also check your passport for stamps or asked about your absences etc?
Yes, the officer had my file with him. The officer checked all the stamps on the passport and verified the stamps and absences by looking at the online residence calculator sheet and marking a tick mark next to every absence on the online residence calculator sheet.

The interview is to check the language abilities, verify the originals, check for absences and general talk about work/family ties etc.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
So tell me coolguysam...

I am waiting for test invite from Edmonton. The test I am not worried about. its the checking of my passport. My only trip I made out of Canada was in 2011, and there are no stamps in the passport for that trip. I sent my application with all the pages of my 2 passports (I am wondering if they already saw that there are no stamps for the trip I mentioned in the app). So far I have gotten to the stage of waiting for a test invite, but it worries me that this one trip - 13 days - may be the tipping point. Other than that, I have 1447 days present in Canada - I haven't traveled out of Canada since 2011, and everything else seems to be fine.

When they check and find no stamps will the officer ask about that trip or just issue me a "mini rq" and make me wait more time as "punishment"?

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
thecoolguysam said:
Yes, the officer had my file with him. The officer checked all the stamps on the passport and verified the stamps and absences by looking at the online residence calculator sheet and marking a tick mark next to every absence on the online residence calculator sheet.

The interview is to check the language abilities, verify the originals, check for absences and general talk about work/family ties etc.
Thanks
Did you take photocopy of all pages of your passport?

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
is it recommended that we can add a separate XLS sheet of our exit//entry along with the CIC calculator print out from the CIC site...! several trip overseas (USA and middle east)

????

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ERJOPA said:
So tell me coolguysam...

I am waiting for test invite from Edmonton. The test I am not worried about. its the checking of my passport. My only trip I made out of Canada was in 2011, and there are no stamps in the passport for that trip. I sent my application with all the pages of my 2 passports (I am wondering if they already saw that there are no stamps for the trip I mentioned in the app). So far I have gotten to the stage of waiting for a test invite, but it worries me that this one trip - 13 days - may be the tipping point. Other than that, I have 1447 days present in Canada - I haven't traveled out of Canada since 2011, and everything else seems to be fine.

When they check and find no stamps will the officer ask about that trip or just issue me a "mini rq" and make me wait more time as "punishment"?

So what exact stamps you are missing? Is it foreign country arrival or Canadian arrival after foreign trip? Please brief.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
mailvdutt said:
Thanks
Did you take photocopy of all pages of your passport?
No, the test invite letter just stated to bring the copies of biographical pages of all passports and it also outlined other information as well that what to bring.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
malimm0a75 said:
is it recommended that we can add a separate XLS sheet of our exit//entry along with the CIC calculator print out from the CIC site...! several trip overseas (USA and middle east)

????
Did you submit your application yet or not? If it is in regards to your initial application, you are not required to send a separate excel sheet however, you need to fill in the online residence calculator and attach it with your application. If you think attaching the excel sheet will somehow benefit the application, you can feel free to attach that.

Some people attach what is being asked (like myself) and some people attach extra paperwork which may increase the workload of the cic agent because cic agent might have to work a bit more to look at your application. Its all personal opinion whether to attach extra paperwork or not. In my case, I just kept it simple and straightforward.

If its for your interview, then yes, you can take it during the interview and if the officer has doubts, you can show the excel sheet for more explanation.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Both.

August 1, 2011 - entered US from Osoyus (Washington State land crossing) where they scanned the passpost and sent my wife and I on our way.
August 13, 2011 - entered Canada at Coutts land crossing. All the lady did was scan my PR card and my wife's and my passports (as she was asking the usual border questions) and sent us on our way

I didn't know they didn't stamp the passport until I applied for my PR card renewal (which was successful - so I used the same dates for that trip that I mentioned in the PR renewal)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ERJOPA said:
Both.

August 1, 2011 - entered US from Osoyus (Washington State land crossing) where they scanned the passpost and sent my wife and I on our way.
August 13, 2011 - entered Canada at Coutts land crossing. All the lady did was scan my PR card and my wife's and my passports (as she was asking the usual border questions) and sent us on our way

I didn't know they didn't stamp the passport until I applied for my PR card renewal (which was successful - so I used the same dates for that trip that I mentioned in the PR renewal)
When you entered usa, did you already have i94 issued prior to the entry?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ERJOPA said:
I am from the US (Oregon) - i94 would not apply. Would do a FOIA only if I was asked to.
Okay. I understand now that you are a US citizen.

In that case, US border official would have just scanned your passport and have let you in which would have created an entry in CBP systems. This can be verified if you order your FOIA records.
Now if we talk about coming back to Canada by land, the officers simply scan the PR card and usually don't stamp the passport. I think its a standard practice. In that case, the CBSA system should have made an entry of you coming back to Canada.

The CIC team would have already checked your CBSA records including that entry into Canada.

From June 2013 onwards, CBSA has started to record exits. (Exit from Canada and entry to USA).

As you just left Canada once, it should not cause any issues. I don't see any problem here.

Usually officers don't have much doubts and if the officer still has some doubts during the interview, you can explain the same to the officer. If the worst case scenario, CIT0520 is issued then you can order FOIA records and send it to them.

You have mentioned you have 1447 days of physical presence, correct? You should not worry then.

I had few day trips and fewer overnight trips to usa and while returning back, my passport was never stamped. The PR card was always scanned by the border official.

I am not a US citizen, thus when I used to enter USA, i was issued an i94 document which is a multiple entry document and the passport was stamped just once. The till validity of the i94, the CBP officer never stamped my passport when entering usa and the passport was stamped only when i94 was renewed. I think its a standard practice.