+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test interview with expired passport?

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
all,

Has anyone gone to citizenship interview with an expired passport? my passport expired a year ago and i did not renew it as i did not need to leave the country. will this trigger a RQ as they may think i am holding back my new passport? has anybody have same case and yet passed interview and got invtitation for oat?

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_man said:
all,

Has anyone gone to citizenship interview with an expired passport? my passport expired a year ago and i did not renew it as i did not need to leave the country. will this trigger a RQ as they may think i am holding back my new passport? has anybody have same case and yet passed interview and got invtitation for oat?
This is one of the RQ trigger "Expired passport" Office might ask you to submit travel history record.

amina1985

Dec 19, 2015
toronto_man said:
all,

{(hi yes my passport was expired .the officer told me my application is approved and I have to get oath letter in 2 weeks . I applied in august 2015

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_man said:
all,

I applied in May and our passports were expired in last March.
I read here that it doesn't matter.
BUT
We were about to get RQ or Sth else ):
The officer asked if we renewed them and traveled?
The answer was No
She kept silent and wrote a note about that our passports that were expired .
She looked at my work history
She was happy with everything , the only thing that she didn't like it whether we did renewed ours or traveled!
Then she told us that we will get the oath within less than two months.
I think if everything is fine , we should get it this week:)

Hope this would help.

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Amina,

thanks fr your reply - can you please clarify if your passport was expired before you applied to citizenship? or after you applied? if before, by how many months? do u have history work? or are you housekeeper?

thanks

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Rass:

thanks for your answer : did your passport stamps all match the travel you declared? or did u bring a cbsc history with you?

do u have kids in school?

thanks

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_man said:
Amina,

thanks fr your reply - can you please clarify if your passport was expired before you applied to citizenship? or after you applied? if before, by how many months? do u have history work? or are you housekeeper?

thanks
I sent the translation for all stamps with our application. In the interview, She asked only for

Landing papers
Ids
Nothing more.
My work history was full from the first month I came to Canada.
No gap
But
She didn't like to see our passports were expired.

Waiting for the oath inv, hope to get it tomorrow or this week! Not to get RQ):
I got a decision made in our status after two days from the interview.

Good luck

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
thank you all for your replies

any other experience with expired passport causing delay or issue during test interview?

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
toronto_man said:
all,

Applied with a 2 years expired passport ( wrote a cover letter in the application that I didn't need to renew it ) and got the citizenship in about 7months.
Hope this helps.
Amissa

ch33rez

May 27, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2009
Doc's Request.
07/11/2010 & 23/12/2010
AOR Received.
20/11/2009
File Transfer...
22/10/2009
Med's Request
20/05/2011
Med's Done....
29/06/2009 & 26/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
18/07/2011
No at all, I had expired passport when i applied, I sent them letter with application stating that I am not willing to travel, application got approved, test & interview passed, taking oath next month.