+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

ACE_1122

Aug 31, 2023
good point, as I submitted FP , I though all who stuck in FP already submitted FP,
I also thought LPP done by local office, but you mentioned RC-8090
Did you contact your local office , ask when my LPP will be done and see what they say,
Requested GCMS notes multiple times no progress on LPP / call the helpline (same answer that you are within the timeline)

Reactions: GoodnewsToday

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
any one waiting for Security clearance since February 2023, got background check cleared, till now we see mostly who was waiting since January 2023 or before, which most likely September 2022 or October 2022 applicant

fernjo1234

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
any one waiting for Security clearance since February 2023, got background check cleared, till now we see mostly who was waiting since January 2023 or before, which most likely September 2022 or October 2022 applicant
Mine was updated in July 2023
Waiting for GCMS to advise when it started
I did my test in Feb 2023

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Mine was updated in July 2023
Waiting for GCMS to advise when it started
I did my test in Feb 2023
Thanks for sharing, you give us hope , looks like it took you about 6-7 month usually it started around test time most likely a month or so , good luck with the rest of the process , once security screening done , not much wait

fernjo1234

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Thanks for sharing, you give us hope , looks like it took you about 6-7 month usually it started around test time most likely a month or so , good luck with the rest of the process , once security screening done , not much wait
My prohibitions are still in progress
I don’t know why they can’t just put it as completed
My Language and Physical presence were completed in May
My 18 months will be completed in Jan 2024

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
My prohibitions are still in progress
I don’t know why they can’t just put it as completed
My Language and Physical presence were completed in May
My 18 months will be completed in Jan 2024
That is strange , were you requested to do finger print or not , , we did just before the test

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
No fingerprint request
Security and criminality both complete
Ircc says we don’t need anything from your side just that they are working on it
that is really good, soon soon, you will get your Oath, thanks for sharing your timeline, at least you give as guidance , since we are still in the ss step, knowing that we will get it within time frame is good.

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hi Everyone, I am new to this form, Is anyone with similar timelines?
APP Submitted: 28 SEP 2022 Primary Office Montreal: Secondary Office: CPC Sydney
AOR: 5 OCT
BG Started 15 Jan
Test Completed 16 Feb
GU 2 March
BG Completed 24 Aug
LLP Not started yet. RC-8090
It does look like some 2022 cases have been moving slower, than the ones this year. Have you checked the other cases on this tracker. https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker. There's quite a few from last year, that you can compare your timeline too. Good luck, I hope you get it soon!

Reactions: gr8man

Vimald2v

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
My test completed on July 11 but BG still in process. Recieved GCMS note today. Security completed on 26 June but Criminality is still in progess. Any idea how long it will take for criminality get to complete.

No fingerprint request. So I did RCMP by my own and submitted via webform.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Hopefully we all who are stucked in BG get it cleared this week or next week , I see most of the stucked BG get cleared in second or third week of the month ,
This is my fifth month in security clearance , so o don’t have high hope that it get cleared this months , mostly get cleared in the six or seven month ,
Wonder any one got cleared SS after five month or all 6-8 months

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hopefully we all who are stucked in BG get it cleared this week or next week , I see most of the stucked BG get cleared in second or third week of the month ,
This is my fifth month in security clearance , so o don’t have high hope that it get cleared this months , mostly get cleared in the six or seven month ,
Wonder any one got cleared SS after five month or all 6-8 months
Amen. From Jan 2023, in a nutshell, average wise taking 7 months and 10 days, but its grain salt. Seen cases in 4 months as well. It not only depends on service standard of CSIS but also depends upon foreign info pull and validation - voluma, velocity, and variety of info/data. Lets see I have high hopes this or next week. 7 months and 4th day today. Good luck to all for speedy BGC, and eventually subsequent stages post BGC.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Another one in the same boat. Test completed at the beginning of August, but BG is still in progress. I see that some people stuck in BG received FP request. Is this the case for everybody? or are there people stuck there without having been requested FP?

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Another one in the same boat. Test completed at the beginning of August, but BG is still in progress. I see that some people stuck in BG received FP request. Is this the case for everybody? or are there people stuck there without having been requested FP?
yes you can get stuck without being asked for FP.