+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Work visa and pregnant. Paid Maternity leave?

pregnant01

Apr 27, 2007
I'm 2 months pregnant and am going to get a work visa pretty soon. Once I receive the work visa, can apply for medicaid health insurance? Does the insurance also cover the birth? Will I also be eligible for paid maternity leave?

Need answers urgently

cristy ciron

Apr 30, 2007
your employer have the rightto know your present condition, if i were you i will tell her and talk abt if you can get what you want.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cristy ciron said:
your employer have the rightto know your present condition, if i were you i will tell her and talk abt if you can get what you want.
1. You have to have worked for 600 hours to claim maternity benefits
2. Depending on the province, you would have up to a 3 month waiting period to be eligible for Medical Insurance, and then the birth would be covered.

PMM

May 14, 2013
pregnant01 said:
I'm 2 months pregnant and am going to get a work visa pretty soon. Once I receive the work visa, can apply for medicaid health insurance? Does the insurance also cover the birth? Will I also be eligible for paid maternity leave?

Need answers urgently
Hello! You will only be elligible for maternity leave if u are already 8 months working with the company. Otherwise you are not entitled, incase of this, you may need to discuss further with your employer maybe they can take consideration about ur condition. Stay healthy