+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Visa

irene422

Sep 6, 2012
My family invited my cousin and her 10 yrs old son (from Philippines) come visit us here in Canada to see my mother and for tourism. Two separate families each sent letter of invitation and we stated that we will be responsible for them during their stay which includes paying for their tickets and staying at my house for the duration fo their stay. We also each sent our letters of empolyment, proof of Canadian citizenship, proof that we reside in Canada and our income tax forms. My cousin and her son also provided her employment letter, letter that her son is enrolled in the Philippines, her bank statement. Her husband decided not to come with them for this time but has provided a letter stating that he is ok that his son is plannig to visit here.

They have applied back in April and was declined. We then tried to apply again for a second time this August with additional letters addressed to the embassy that we will guarantee they return back to Philippines after the 3 weeks of their stay here. My cousin also got a letter from a politician providing additional guarantee that they will return back to Philippines after their visit is finished. My cousin just informed me again that they were declined again.

We really want my cousin and her son to come visit us here. She is like a sister to me and my family are very close to hers. She has not been anywhere outside Philippines so we want them to experience seein another country. Its very disappointing when we know for sure she and her son will definitely return. How can we prove to them that? We are still going to keep trying but would like to offer new information in addition to what we have already submitted.

Could someone be able to help give me some guidance / inputs / recommendation on what we still need to do to make sure the third application will have a very good chance of getting approved. hopefully "third time is a charm". Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Where about are your cousin and their son residing? If own, provide property deeds photocopy. If rent, provide rental agreement photocopy. This will show residential ties to their home country.
2) How much money did your cousin and hosts family show? The greater amount, the best.
3) What is the purpose of the visiting visa? Just merely say they would be visiting you and other host is not enough. You have to elaborate it.
4) Revise the husband's letter: ok for the wife to take their son to visit Canada...
5) No need to write additional letters to embassy that you guarantee their return to Philippines after the Canada trip. Just include that statement in your invitation letter.

irene422

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks for the questions Steaky.

1) Where about are your cousin and their son residing? If own, provide property deeds photocopy. If rent, provide rental agreement photocopy. This will show residential ties to their home country.

Irene422 reply - they do not own any property as they are staying at my cousin's parents house in the Philippnes. Is this an issue to the ? My cousin has a full time job and she also got a letter fro her employer allowing her to take 3 weeks off work.

2) How much money did your cousin and hosts family show? The greater amount, the best.

Irene422 reply- i dont know how much she showed in the application but for us.. We ( all 4 of us) provided our letter of employment, income tax but we did not mention that we own houses. What is considered a good amount for my cousin to show the Canadian embassy? Do we as hosts family, should also provide in addition to out letter of employments, state that we own houses? How do you show that you own houses?

3) What is the purpose of the visiting visa? Just merely say they would be visiting you and other host is not enough. You have to elaborate it.

Irene422 reply - we have stated that she will visit my mother and also for tourism purpose. That is the real reason, what else should we state?

4) Revise the husband's letter: ok for the wife to take their son to visit Canada...

Irene422 reply - i will ask my cousin to revise the letter of husband.

5) No need to write additional letters to embassy that you guarantee their return to Philippines after the Canada trip. Just include that statement in your invitation letter.

Irene422 reply - we did state that we will guarantee their return from 2 separate letters from 2 families here but they still got denied.

What else can we add to the Next application so that they will have a greater chance of getting approved? They are planning to travel outside of Philippines this year. Will this travel to another country also help prove that they will return back to Philippines ? Any other suggestions from you or anyone? Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can take this post as a reference on deciding what amount to put in as "funds available in your stay":

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-help-i-cant-get-an-answer-t118293.0.html

It's optional to provide information if you own houses. If you do own houses, you can provide proof such as property tax bills.

irene422

Sep 6, 2012
I read the post you gave and after reading, the amount she can put is $6000 since she has that in her bank. My cousin provided $2000 and 150,000 Pesos which is roughly equivalent to $3750 in total she has $5750. Is that amount good enough or does she need to add more?

Also in addition, she included a letter from her son's school that he is currently enrolled and will continue school after returning. Wouldn't that show proof that they have ties to Philippines and that they will return?

how can we elaborate more on the invitation letter?

Thanks again for your help.

irene422

Sep 6, 2012
I want to add as well that my cousin was denied with reason - Regulation 179 - which states "You have not satisfied me that you meet the requirements of Regulation 179, that you would leave Canada at the end of the temporary period if you were authorized to enter. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors which include one or more of the following: your travel history, your immigration status, your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence, lenght of proposed stay in Canada, purpose of visit, limited employment prospects in your country if residence, your current employment situation, your assets and financial status."

if I were to break down each reasons as I don't know which one was the reason to make sure the next application we'll submit will have a good chance of getting approved TRV:
- leave Canada at the end of the temporary period - we provided in our letter of invitation that we are guaranteeing she will return back to Philippines.

-your travel history - my cousin and her son have not travelled anywhere outside Philippines but they are planning to travel before the end of this year. Will that help them when we state that they have travelled on the next application?

- your immigration status - I'm not sure what this mean? They will just be visiting Canada. Does anybody can provide better explanation on what tthey mean by this?

- your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence - She is my first cousin (her father and my mother are siblings). We are very close to her family and she is like a sister to me. Her parents and husband are residing in the Philippines. Her brother lives in USA but she is not applying for temporary visa in USA.

-lenght of proposed stay in Canada - they are planning to stay for 3 weeks only and we have stated that in both invitation letters from two different families.

- purpose of visit - we also mentioned in the letter fo invitaion that she is visiting my mother and for tourism.

- limited employment prospects in your country if residence, your current employment situation - she is currenty employed full time. Her employer have provided a letter granting the 3 weeks vacation and that she is guaranteed work after she returns home. Her son also is currently going to school, they also provided a letter / proof of enrollment in the application.

- your assets and financial status. - she do not own any property as they are living with her parents but she has included in the application she has savings of $2000 and 150,000 Pesos which is roughly $3750 Canadian. Her total saving is $2000 US and $3750 Canadian. She answered one of the questions that she will bring $1500 Canadian as money she will bring. Does she need to put in a higher amount for the money she will bring?

We have also stated in the letter of invitation that we will be paying for both their flight tickets and that they will be staying at my house for the duration of their stay here in Canada. We will also be responsible for any other expenses during their stay in Canada.

Let me know if there's any additional info we need to provide in addition to what we already have priovided. We want to provide or change any or all of the information she already submitted to improve their chance of getting approved for the next application. Any input / comments / suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

irene422

Sep 6, 2012
irene422 said:
- your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence - She is my first cousin (her father and my mother are siblings). We are very close to her family and she is like a sister to me. Her parents and husband are residing in the Philippines. Her brother lives in USA but she is not applying for temporary visa in USA.
One more thing is that her husband is also residing in the Philippines which is an additional tie to her country of residence.

farukSYED

Apr 7, 2012
Its a matter of: Will she leave or will she stay? Sometimes this is a subjective analysis and varies from one consul to another. If she applied and got denied, that is because she haven't satisfied another consul if she's gonna return to the Phil or not. She should at least show that there have been significant changes in her status (wealth, ties to homeland, etc.) and it takes time (not in a matter of months) to show convincing (not cast doubts) changes. I strongly recommend that she wait for at least a year or 2 as her purpose to visit Canada is not a matter of life and death (like some close family relative in Canada is terminally ill or has died - this is just an example of a compelling and compassionate reason).

irene422

Sep 6, 2012
farukSYED said:
Its a matter of: Will she leave or will she stay? Sometimes this is a subjective analysis and varies from one consul to another. If she applied and got denied, that is because she haven't satisfied another consul if she's gonna return to the Phil or not. She should at least show that there have been significant changes in her status (wealth, ties to homeland, etc.) and it takes time (not in a matter of months) to show convincing (not cast doubts) changes. I strongly recommend that she wait for at least a year or 2 as her purpose to visit Canada is not a matter of life and death (like some close family relative in Canada is terminally ill or has died - this is just an example of a compelling and compassionate reason).
Thanks farukSYED! Yes, we're planning to wait until late next year to re-apply. Its the significant change in her status that we want to make sure is enough to convince them that both my cousin and her son are returning back to the Phils after they finish they 3 weeks here in Canada. With my previous posts, which will like not change as much regarding to ties to homeland...(she has a full time job and will continue to have a full time job after she returns, her son is enrolled in a school, she is living with her parents house, her husband will not join them for the trip but has provided a letter granting permission for her son to leave Phils with my cousin, his mother). what else can we add to the application so that the Visa Officer will be convinced that they will return to prove strong ties to homeland?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irene422 said:
Thanks farukSYED! Yes, we're planning to wait until late next year to re-apply. Its the significant change in her status that we want to make sure is enough to convince them that both my cousin and her son are returning back to the Phils after they finish they 3 weeks here in Canada. With my previous posts, which will like not change as much regarding to ties to homeland...(she has a full time job and will continue to have a full time job after she returns, her son is enrolled in a school, she is living with her parents house, her husband will not join them for the trip but has provided a letter granting permission for her son to leave Phils with my cousin, his mother). what else can we add to the application so that the Visa Officer will be convinced that they will return to prove strong ties to homeland?
Other things to consider - travel history.

Check here http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/assets/pdfs/visas/52_1_Eng.pdf
This is the VO specific checklist for Manila. There is an added form here that is not in the list from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp - have this been filled out and submitted?

- Local forms
Visitors are encouraged to use the following local form to clarify the details of their visit and expedite processing of their application: Supplementary Information for Visitors

This form details your travel history which counts also towards a positive review of your application. If you have a history of travel outside of the country over a number of years plus continued employment during those travels - that IMHO is added positive proof of strong ties to the home country

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
QUESTION: My parents are tourist (single entry) here in Canada. They arrived last August 9th 2012.

The sticker VISA on their passport says July 18th 2012 to January 18th 2013.

Does that mean they are only allowed to stay inside Canada till January 18th..

Or we will base their 6 months from the date they entered the country?

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
irene422 said:
My family invited my cousin and her 10 yrs old son (from Philippines) come visit us here in Canada to see my mother and for tourism. Two separate families each sent letter of invitation and we stated that we will be responsible for them during their stay which includes paying for their tickets and staying at my house for the duration fo their stay. We also each sent our letters of empolyment, proof of Canadian citizenship, proof that we reside in Canada and our income tax forms. My cousin and her son also provided her employment letter, letter that her son is enrolled in the Philippines, her bank statement. Her husband decided not to come with them for this time but has provided a letter stating that he is ok that his son is plannig to visit here.

They have applied back in April and was declined. We then tried to apply again for a second time this August with additional letters addressed to the embassy that we will guarantee they return back to Philippines after the 3 weeks of their stay here. My cousin also got a letter from a politician providing additional guarantee that they will return back to Philippines after their visit is finished. My cousin just informed me again that they were declined again.

We really want my cousin and her son to come visit us here. She is like a sister to me and my family are very close to hers. She has not been anywhere outside Philippines so we want them to experience seein another country. Its very disappointing when we know for sure she and her son will definitely return. How can we prove to them that? We are still going to keep trying but would like to offer new information in addition to what we have already submitted.

Could someone be able to help give me some guidance / inputs / recommendation on what we still need to do to make sure the third application will have a very good chance of getting approved. hopefully "third time is a charm". Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Get them to atleast visit any asian country for now. It helps a lot. Coz that is one of their basis that they really comes back to their home countries.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blessedelaine said:
QUESTION: My parents are tourist (single entry) here in Canada. They arrived last August 9th 2012.

Does that mean they are only allowed to stay inside Canada till January 18th..

Or we will base their 6 months from the date they entered the country?
That most likely this is the duration of the validity of the visa. They must enter within these dates.

If there is a stamp, check the date on the stamp, most likely the date on the stamp is the date until when they are allowed to stay in the country. They must exit before this date

If there is no stamp, then count 6 months usually from the date of entry into Canada. Again, they should exit before this date - don't cut it too close.

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ragluf said:
That most likely this is the duration of the validity of the visa. They must enter within these dates.

If there is a stamp, check the date on the stamp, most likely the date on the stamp is the date until when they are allowed to stay in the country. They must exit before this date

If there is no stamp, then count 6 months usually from the date of entry into Canada. Again, they should exit before this date - don't cut it too close.
Sounds good.. Thank you so much!! Great help.. :)

rogue2578

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irene422 said:

Hi there, I am sorry about your cousin application. However you need to analyze your cousin current situation, from there you will determine why she was denied.

Employment status: If she was employed, how long has she been working in the company and most importantly how much is she making backed with lastest ITR

Ties in Canada:
If she has enough money to pay for her trip and the 10 yr old kid, she does not need supporting documents from Canada. Just needed to show adequate bank accounts for the last 6 months or earlier.

Travel History: This is not a requirement but it can help on the consul's decision for the visa approval. It just means the applicant and family member has means to go in and out of the country for pleasure or tourism purposes.

Ties in Philippines: If her husband will be staying and has a good job and salary. They can provide on the next appliciation her husband 's ITR and saving account.

Like everyone else's say, apply when circumstances have changed or new evidences for the VO. Good Luck

Rogue2578