+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary visa/visiting visa *IMM5257*

JKay

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
hello,
my wife is a resident of Canada,i have also applied for the PR under family class in Canada.i am applying online for visiting visa to Canada from Estonia and i was met with a problem uploading my documents online.

Problem
in the questionnaire,i was asked to *select the code that matches the one on your passport*
i chose NGA(Nigeria)
and on the IMM5257,i was asked *country or territory of issue* of my passport
and i chose SWE(Sweden).
and when i tried to upload i was told i could not upload because *my country code (NGA) and country of issue of my passport should be the same:(o_O

please anyone with an idea of what to do
thanks

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
in the questionnaire,i was asked to *select the code that matches the one on your passport*
i chose NGA(Nigeria)
Quite not clear, where is this part?

and on the IMM5257,i was asked *country or territory of issue* of my passport and i chose SWE(Sweden).
Why is your passport issued by Sweden? Did you renew your passport from the there?

JKay

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Quite not clear, where is this part?

Why is your passport issued by Sweden? Did you renew your passport from the there?
I live in Estonia but got my passport renewed in Sweden. The "Come to Canada wizard" on cic website generates questionnaire when applying online for Visiting to determine your eligibility...either regular Visiting visa or eTa. I was asked for Country code on Passport which is NGA but on the IMM 5257 form, the part where asked for Authority/ issuing country of passport, I wrote SWE (Sweden). When I got to the part of uploading the form online, it says my questionnaire answers regarding my passport doesn't correspond to what I wrote on the application form.

But when I switched to SWE on the questionnaire it says I needed to apply for eTa not the regular visa. So it's really confusing.

JKay

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Even if it was renewed in Sweden, is it not that the passport still came from Nigeria?
Obviously it came from Nigeria but issuing country as written on passport is Sweden.

Anyways, I guess we might have to call Immigration to figure this out tho. Thank you all for your response.

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Obviously it came from Nigeria but issuing country as written on passport is Sweden.

Anyways, I guess we might have to call Immigration to figure this out tho. Thank you all for your response.
Man Its very easy , If you are not Swedish national select nageria for both question.
It does not matter where your passport issued, even if it is even issued in sweden it issued by nagerian HC or embassy.

Reactions: JKay