+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa Submitted in February 2015

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Hi AEE & All,

As you guys have experience I want to know is it better to apply TRV at the same time when we are applying for BOWP online because there is option available for TRV. ??

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
maria_786 said:
hey do u know if someone has a visitor permit/record and is in canada already where do they apply to get a temporary resident visa? my mom has a visitor record and needs to travel outside canada. what is the process? does she apply online thru cic website?
Well, I am not sure about that but when I was filling that form there was a question are you applying from Canada or outside Canada.... best way to call CIC...

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
AEE11 said:
No till now it is not activated, I dont know what they are doing wit my passport when the process is completed. When did u apply urs and are you waiting for your passport
have you got any notification saying that you have new message waiting or something about your application?? cuz I noticed that I used to get these emails but I never had any unread message in my CIC account, so I realized every time there was some kind of activity on my application that automated system used to notify me.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
mmanzanilla said:
I called this morning. They said it was shipped yesterday but my tracking still not active. Not sure if they assigned a new number. The call centre couldn't give me the number.
I called today morning and agent was like oh if your application says as approved we dont keep passports with us it might have sent, i told her I dont see any update on my tracking , she said just keep checking your tracking and you will see, i dont know which year i will get my passport

Hey can you please updatw me if you receive your passport, thanks

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
cecpet said:
Hi AEE & All,

As you guys have experience I want to know is it better to apply TRV at the same time when we are applying for BOWP online because there is option available for TRV. ??
You cannot submit TRV without getting BOWP, first you need to apply BOWP and once you receive your work permit then only you have to submit TRV. Also when you're submitting your TRV online it will ask you to submit your latest renewed work permit

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
blitzkrieger said:
have you got any notification saying that you have new message waiting or something about your application?? cuz I noticed that I used to get these emails but I never had any unread message in my CIC account, so I realized every time there was some kind of activity on my application that automated system used to notify me.
I only received earlier nothing new recently

mmanzanilla

Jan 21, 2015
AEE11 said:
I called today morning and agent was like oh if your application says as approved we dont keep passports with us it might have sent, i told her I dont see any update on my tracking , she said just keep checking your tracking and you will see, i dont know which year i will get my passport

Hey can you please updatw me if you receive your passport, thanks
Tracking activated! Now upto Canada Post not to screw it up!

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
i sent my application for trv within canada paper based by express mail on feb 18, was receveid on feb 19, processing time shows 21days for paper application not inculuding the mail time. it has been 21 days today and still dont see any activatation for return tracking # :(

mmanzanilla

Jan 21, 2015
maria_786 said:
i sent my application for trv within canada paper based by express mail on feb 18, was receveid on feb 19, processing time shows 21days for paper application not inculuding the mail time. it has been 21 days today and still dont see any activatation for return tracking # :(
It is 21 days plus mailing time. Seems to me that the approve it and then send it a couple days after. Mine got approved march 6 but my tracking was only activated last night and received my package this morning.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
but it should be only one business day since im in ottawa as well n it took 1 day to deliver as well.

maria_786 said:

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
finally got my passport. my time line by paper application is below :)

application sent (express mail): feb 18
application recevied : feb 19
recevied passport (express mail): march 16