+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident visa renewal

salam123

Aug 8, 2012
Salam,

I am re-applying for the temporary resident visa from Pakistan. I sent my application on June 4th 2012. My question is do they have medical for people applying for renewal of 2 year visa? I am a student at McGill starting 3rd year and I already have my study permit. I have not received medical call yet. Please help, very worried because I have to go to uni for Fall 2012!! :'( Thanks

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
salam123 said:
Salam,

I am re-applying for the temporary resident visa from Pakistan. I sent my application on June 4th 2012. My question is do they have medical for people applying for renewal of 2 year visa? I am a student at McGill starting 3rd year and I already have my study permit. I have not received medical call yet. Please help, very worried because I have to go to uni for Fall 2012!! :'( Thanks
For how many days are u in Pakitan , I think there should be no medical, CHC is a bit lazy due to high load, wait u will get it...

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
salam123 said:
Salam,

Hey,

As per IRPA regulations, If you have resided for more than 6 consecutive months in Pakistan immediately preceding the date of filing your case, then you will be required to undergo a medical exam.

Quote: "As per Immigration and Refugee Protection Act Regulation 30(1)(c), if an individual is seeking entry to Canada for a period of greater than six months, and has resided or sojourned, at any time during the one year period immediately preceding the date of seeking entry, for six consecutive months, in a designated country/territory, then he/she is required to undergo an immigration medical examination."

BR,
Inam

salam123

Aug 8, 2012
momi said:
For how many days are u in Pakitan , I think there should be no medical, CHC is a bit lazy due to high load, wait u will get it...
Thank you so much for your kind help. I have been in Pakistan from May and I plan on leaving on August 22nd inshAllah. I sent my ticket information + itinerary with my application. My application was received by 'Sana DESP' on the 5th of June and no contact since then.

salam123

Aug 8, 2012
Inam89 said:
Hey,

As per IRPA regulations, If you have resided for more than 6 consecutive months in Pakistan immediately preceding the date of filing your case, then you will be required to undergo a medical exam.

Quote: "As per Immigration and Refugee Protection Act Regulation 30(1)(c), if an individual is seeking entry to Canada for a period of greater than six months, and has resided or sojourned, at any time during the one year period immediately preceding the date of seeking entry, for six consecutive months, in a designated country/territory, then he/she is required to undergo an immigration medical examination."

BR,
Inam
Thanks so much for this information, Inam! It is very helpful :). According to this they won't give me medical call. I just hope I get my visa in time for my flight on 22nd inshAllah. Otherwise ticket will cost too much and I may not get it in time for beginning of my semester. Pray for me please!

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
salam123 said:
Thank you so much for your kind help. I have been in Pakistan from May and I plan on leaving on August 22nd inshAllah. I sent my ticket information + itinerary with my application. My application was received by 'Sana DESP' on the 5th of June and no contact since then.
You will get it Inshallah by then, don't worry...

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
salam123 said:
Thanks so much for this information, Inam! It is very helpful :). According to this they won't give me medical call. I just hope I get my visa in time for my flight on 22nd inshAllah. Otherwise ticket will cost too much and I may not get it in time for beginning of my semester. Pray for me please!
You should get it by then. What supporting documents have you submitted with your passport?

salam123

Aug 8, 2012
Inam89 said:
You should get it by then. What supporting documents have you submitted with your passport?
I submitted bank statements of past three months 1)from my financial guardian/sponsor (with letter of sponsorship on official letterhead of his business) 2)my personal statements from my bank account in Canada 3) itenerary showing that I have booked a return ticket

I submitted copies of all previous passports, copy and original of study permit, copy of CAQ, copies of NIC and NICOP.

Also as proof of enrolment I only submitted official letter of acceptance, but I did not know they had asked for transcripts so I didn't submit that (I'm worried about this). When I emailed them a couple of days ago I attached a detailed official letter of acceptance with my address in Canada and credits completed to date, but they did not ask for it. Still no reply.

Let me know if this is okay, Inam Bhai

soloman1776

Star Member
May 22, 2012
hi ,i would renew my trv before visiting back home and then buy a return ticket and enjoy my vacations.
a little planning can save you from a lot of hassle.anyways good luck

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
salam123 said:
I submitted bank statements of past three months 1)from my financial guardian/sponsor (with letter of sponsorship on official letterhead of his business) 2)my personal statements from my bank account in Canada 3) itenerary showing that I have booked a return ticket

I submitted copies of all previous passports, copy and original of study permit, copy of CAQ, copies of NIC and NICOP.

Also as proof of enrolment I only submitted official letter of acceptance, but I did not know they had asked for transcripts so I didn't submit that (I'm worried about this). When I emailed them a couple of days ago I attached a detailed official letter of acceptance with my address in Canada and credits completed to date, but they did not ask for it. Still no reply.

Let me know if this is okay, Inam Bhai
Yes, they are complete. Don't worry you should get visa soon.

salam123

Aug 8, 2012
Inam89 said:
Yes, they are complete. Don't worry you should get visa soon.
Thanks so much for your help. I hope so. Why is CHC I not issuing visas? It seems they haven't since the 3rd of August. I think I'll have to delay my flight.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
salam123 said:
Thanks so much for your help. I hope so. Why is CHC I not issuing visas? It seems they haven't since the 3rd of August. I think I'll have to delay my flight.
Well last time, in Spring/summer 2012, a student received email from CHC-I, in which he was informed that they are facing shortage of staff and all the cases are delayed to Fall 2012 intake. This unexpected delay might be due this factor.

salam123

Aug 8, 2012
Today I checked the TCS website from my tracking number, and the status of my package has been changed from "Delivered" (Received by Sana DESP) to "In Transit". I hope this is a good sign and that I receive some good news on Wednesday. Please pray for me...