+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa refused - PMM help.

brule

Apr 24, 2006
Hi guys,

Wife and I are currently living in canada and I have submitted her application under the family class. I am applying to sponsor her. So we assume her application is being process as we have not heard anything further. Her sister recenly applied for a TRV from her home country and was refused.

Is this because my wife has applied for her PR or becuase her application is being "processed" or could this be a simple case of "lack of supporting documentation"

When the application for TRV was rejected there no request for an interview nor was there any indication of missing doucments. There was a letter stating that they believe she will not return to her home country.

Should she apply again or call it quits for now my wife's PR comes through and is this a normal for siblings to be refused when family members are being processed / submitted applications..

thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

brule said:
Hi guys,

Wife and I are currently living in canada and I have submitted her application under the family class. I am applying to sponsor her. So we assume her application is being process as we have not heard anything further. Her sister recenly applied for a TRV from her home country and was refused.

Is this because my wife has applied for her PR or becuase her application is being "processed" or could this be a simple case of "lack of supporting documentation"

When the application for TRV was rejected there no request for an interview nor was there any indication of missing doucments. There was a letter stating that they believe she will not return to her home country.

Should she apply again or call it quits for now my wife's PR comes through and is this a normal for siblings to be refused when family members are being processed / submitted applications..

thanks in advance.
1. Everyone is processed based on their application, if she was unable to prove strong ties to her home country, ie job, family, house, then it is usually a refusal.
2. Not knowing your situation, if your spouse applied for a TRV and then married in Canada, then this would also have a bearing on her sisters application.
3. Unless she can prove the strong ties, it is probably a waste of money to re-apply. She should apply for the CAIPS notes, (she can authorize you to apply on her behalf) to find out exactly why the application was refused.

PMM

brule

Apr 24, 2006
Thanks for the response well my wife and i got married outside of canada and then she came up on a TRV and got it extened for the length of the PR application. The next thing is that my sister in law is 13 so no bank accounts in her name or job as she is in school. She was also traveling with a friend of ours come to stay with us, not with a parent.

What is the CAIPS?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

brule said:
Thanks for the response well my wife and i got married outside of canada and then she came up on a TRV and got it extened for the length of the PR application. The next thing is that my sister in law is 13 so no bank accounts in her name or job as she is in school. She was also traveling with a friend of ours come to stay with us, not with a parent.

What is the CAIPS?
Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is where the overseas office record all the information about a case. Take a look at Google "CAIPS" Once you get a copy of the file, it will tell you the reason for the refusal.

PMM